• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Noobiest thing you've done on R/S/E

killed groudon on emerald :(

Hansen

Grass Trainer
I restarted my Emerald file (a LONG time ago by the way) even though I had a shiny Claydol and Banette, both legit. I thought they would be easy to get again, and I haven't found either (or any shiny for that matter) again.

*Although this doesn't belong here, it relates to the above: I found a shiny Entei in my old Silver game a long time ago and I thought my game was messing up so I killed it*

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
well, ruby was my 1st pokemon game. i was 8 yrs. old. surprisingly, the only mistakes i made were training only a starter, trying to get mr. briney to take me to slateport before beating brawly, and thinking bagon was found in the route with jigglypuff, because the pokedex said it was in that area. i also laughed at swimmers when i was on the boat to dewford, because i thought they were walking in the water.

(i never saw a shiny in hoenn, even to this day, besides the s. corsola in battle factory, and sudowoodo in battle tower. i also didn't freak out when i got pokevirus, 2 yrs. later.)

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
pokerus. i thought my game was bugged in my sapphire, so i restarted it. not until i visited this site that said that it is good for leveling, i cried. lol, i didn't cry.

good thing i never let go of my shiny seviper i caught outside the cosmic cave or something.

TehGr81

College graduate
I accidentally taught my Kyogre in Sapphire all HMs. This was about 5 years ago, so I didn't know they couldn't be overwritten. This mistake still haunts me to this day, as I still have it.

Tasogare

Noobiest...thing?
Hmm. I really have to think back for this one. Ahh, yes.
I once tried to "clone" my Rayquaza, but I messed up somewhere and it deleted my level 100 Ray'. I felt so angry, I decided to restart my Emerald. xD

And I also thought that you got a shiny starter by repeatedly SR on the screen where you chose the pokemon. I felt so stupid when I was told that you get shinnies in the battle scene.

Hmm, anything else? Oh yeah, I always thought that you got a Shedinja by evolving Ninjask. So I got my female Ninjask to level 48 before I looked it up in my pokemon guide. Ha ha ha..

hitoshura0

Found a Modest Rayquaza with 30 Sp. Attack IVs and a Jolly Groudon on my Emerald. Didn't learn about EV training until they were both level 100.

Wasted a masterball on a Baltoy (I thought they were legendary because I found one right after watching an anime episode on Baltoys -_-)

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Ruby was my first pkmn game:

Forgot to get the masterball
Didn't know you could switch pokemon and by the time I was at the elite 4 I had a lv. 99 swampert and a bunch of zigzagoons
Never went on the PC
Thought the game would continue after the elite 4 and I put 200+ hours on my game lol

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Spent all my money on mail just so I could write funny things in it. At the age I was, swear words were... alluring... so to speak. So to write such obscenities in a Pokemon game was, I admit, quite amusing.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Spent all my money on mail just so I could write funny things in it. At the age I was, swear words were... alluring... so to speak. So to write such obscenities in a Pokemon game was, I admit, quite amusing.

Dumplinger

Gruntiest grunt
Freaked out when a shiny relicanth appeared pressed the wrong button and BAM! Fled!

Yanmegamaster

CreateDragon-BugType
Looks like alot of people forgot the masterball o_O well they werent my first games of pokemon so i wasn't at such a loss but this is what i did.
-i have never heard of an hm slave til i got my diamond so all my pokemon had different hms.
-i have never gotten a level 100
-the highest level pokemon i ever had in my whole life was my level 88 swampert and my file got deleted cause it crash into the front of the car when i was in a car crash. i was mnore sad at my swamperts passing then i was hurt.
- I never heard of ev training or iv either
-I was reduced to both my swampert and wallaces milotic both using struggle until one of us died (both our teams were fainted and those were our last pokemon)
-i have never caught or seen a shiny pokemon in my life (cept with action replay but i wont be using that again cause it broke my diamond and my ruby)
so yeaaaaa.. thats it

Tsisque

I don't remember doing anything noobish, but one time, I was battling my dad, and he used Earthquake and KOed his own Medicham.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
I don't know if its noobish or not, but I never bother to level up my other pokemon so its always my starter and game version legend vs the Elite 4.

I do this as I'am trying to beat the game as quickly as possible. (I train my pokemon once I beat the Elite 4)

I had equipped an Everstone to a Trapinch when I didn't have anymore room in my items pack and forgot to take it away from him, so I couldn't evolve to Vibrava until I realized (Level 55)

tom-tom

Furret <3
I had equipped an Everstone to a Trapinch when I didn't have anymore room in my items pack and forgot to take it away from him, so I couldn't evolve to Vibrava until I realized (Level 55)
Haha, this happened to me as well. Me and my cousin shared a Silver version and placed an everstone on my Ponyta. I finally realized at like level 62 or something.

On topic:The noobiest thing i have ever done was kill Rayquaza because i thought it would come back later, I did this just to stop the storms.