• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Noobiest thing you've done on R/S/E

Pansy :]

anustart
really all i can think of is only training my starter... i never really did to many noobish things, but maybe thats because i never really played my emerald game much :p

Tryptamine420

MindF**k Trainer
Beat the elite 4 over 100 times on emerald and still only had 3 high level pokemon which were all caught at level 70

rayquaza lvl 100
groudon lvl 83
kyogre lvl 78

I have an alakazam and tyranitar at lvl 75 also but they were traded from my cousin's fire red

I'm working on training more now, still nothing over lvl 55 and i'm over 90 hours into the game

Mewtwo's Amber

Don't cry Mewtwo
My first Ruby file I ran into a dark blue electrike, me being new to hoenn and used to the jhoto shiny animation, I cocked my head a bit at first unsure of what I was seeing and not wanting an electrike I ran. *slaps self* >_<

Pokefan1023

Pokemon Breeder :)
I chose Torchic as my starter, and back then genders meant nothing to me. So I gave that Torchic (who was a boy) a girly name :p I only realized it a few years later. I know it's not a huge thing, but I was so embarrassed when I realized it.

E.Fayth

<Got It
I only trained my Treecko.
Used my master ball on an Absol.
Lost to Brawly over 15 times.
Beat the elite four with only Sceptile and an under level Kyogre.
Trained my friends Pokemon for free then gave them back even after all the effort.
Got Pkrs and didn't spread it.
Thought you could go through waterfalls.

E.Fayth

<Got It
I only trained my Treecko.
Used my master ball on an Absol.
Lost to Brawly over 15 times.
Beat the elite four with only Sceptile and an under level Kyogre.
Trained my friends Pokemon for free then gave them back even after all the effort.
Got Pkrs and didn't spread it.
Thought you could go through waterfalls.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
On Sapphire.
Only Trained Sceptile
Never got my Master Ball
Killed Kyogre
Beat the Elite 4 for the first time with a Lv100 Sceptile(My Starter trained without Rare Candies)
It took me over 180 hours to beat Steven.

Carina

Plasbad!!
I'm such an idiot.
I caught a Staryu...because I've always liked using Starmies with attacks like Psychic, Thunderbolt, etc.
Anyway, I never really cared about stats, natures or EV training until now. I raised this Staryu from 28 to 54. Thing is, it was a Jolly nature (= lowered Sp.Attack)...and (how embarassing) I just found out what Special Attacks are. Heck, I've been playing since the Red/Blue days. So I wasted 2 days of battling Shuppets at Mt.Pyre with a Macho Brace. Yay me.

Celest M.

Celestial Mistress~
I beat the entire game using only Swampert. Cheap, I know.
Evolved my lv. 26 Pikachu as soon as I caught it because I love Raichu so much.
Used countless healing items in the battle with Brawly.
Wasted my masterball on Kyogre...

I was 9 years old the first time I played this game. Cut me some slack.

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Caught a Zubat with my Masterball...its really nooby i know..But it was a mistake so im off the hook D:]

mistycerulean

Spent a month in Victory Road because I didn't know about Flash- Emerald.

Suicune3000

Water Lord
My first Ruby file I ran into a dark blue electrike, me being new to hoenn and used to the jhoto shiny animation, I cocked my head a bit at first unsure of what I was seeing and not wanting an electrike I ran. *slaps self* >_<

Same here... I caught the fist shiny I found, which was Tentacool, looked it up and said 'It's a different colour, but that's nothing special. I kept it.

Then I found ANOTHER shiny Tentacool! And said to mysef, well, the other one was useless, so what's the point in getting this one? *facepalm*

However the noobiest thing I've ever done is failed to progress further than Route 110 because I thought that part of the cycling road going over the Low Road was a wall... *facepalm2*

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
I caught over 15 venonat, leveled them up so they evolved into butterfree!(pokemon crystal)
I went through victory road in Pokemon ruby with no flash(i don't know how i did it but i got through...6 months later because i thought restarting was illegal.
Thought i could beat brawly with a magikarp, somehow though, it beat his machop(thank you for bounce)
AND THE ULTIMATE FAIL...
I tried to beat the elite 4 using, a mightyena Lv42, a Bannete lv44, a glalie Lv46, an altaria Lv 48 and skarmory Lvl 50 because i thought i had to use one of the Elite 4's pokemon.
WHAT THE HELL????

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Oh yeah, I miss clicked on Latios when I meant to throw an Ultra ball(he had red health and was going to run next), I threw a....
POKEBALL!
Somehow he was CAUGHT!!!! WOOOH!

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Let's seeee on Sapphire I mainly only trained my starter and a couple others for the E4, the rest of my team was in the 30's. And I encountered my first Shiny in the game (a shiny Lombre) and I was going to catch it... I didn't know how rare shinies were at the time, so when I actidently defeated it, I was like "ah, I'll see another one anyways ^^"

And I found so many shinies in that game... all failed attempts to capture. XD

riolu96

fire type trainer
the worst thing iv ever done is use my masterball on a lv3 magikarp but its because iv always wanted gyrados and my brother told me it was its lower evo so unhappy days found out later that i should of kept the masterball cause it took me adges to find latios again

Breaker

I found a shiny Lairon in the Victory Road. I really wanted to catch it and was nervous because I only had 3 Ultra Balls. I threw one without success. Then I tried to weaken it and used Earthquake.x__x I somehow thought that ground is not very effective against both rock and steel. I seriously don't know why I thought that.
That Lairon and a Starly, I encountered in Platinum before I had any Pokéballs were my only random shinies.:/

Kirthey

Happiness is a Beautifly
1. Training only my Blaziken. It was Lv. 100 by the time I got to the Elite Four lolol

2. I taught that Blaziken Cut and it STILL HAD IT AT LV. 100 until I sadly lost my Emerald game cartridge.

3. I had no idea what Heart Scales did so I sold ALL OF MINE FOR 50 FRICKING POKEDOLLARS EACH.

4. I lost to Steven (in Emerald). With that Lv. 100 Blaziken. Yes, I was just horrible.

5. Used my Master Ball on Rayquaza so when Latios appeared I accidentally killed it.

6. Not really gameplay-related, but for years I've always thought Magma Admin Tabitha was a girl for some reason. Seeing him in the anime was quite a shock. @_@

Worlds

A Robot
I'm also guilty of raising only my starter pokemon in R/S/E.

Hm....I don't remember running into any shinies....but I remember that my sister had Ruby and I had Sapphire.

*Enter Flashback Moment*

We would often play each other's games (Mostly to catch pokemon/raise each other's pokemon) and I caught raised a Trapinch on her game all the way into a Flygon without the use of the daycare/rare candies (I think I remember raising it Lv. 40 or something) and I fell in love with it (Mostly because of it's design).
Back then, I think we couldn't afford/find one of those link/trade cables and I remember that we used to fight over who 'owned' this Flygon. My 8/9 year old logic concluded that since I caught/raised/trained it, it was 'mine' (Although... it was her game cartridge). I remember even crying over it a few times after we fought. (Don't judge me....I was 9! >.<)
I think in the end, she erased her game (I forgot to mentinon that I also remember her catching an army of about 30 Skitties.).

*End Flashback Moment*

To this day, seeing a Flygon brings back a major nostalgic factor for me....But I have yet to have one again on any of my games. I think I'll dust off the old GBA and play Sapphire again....

Moneyy

INACTIVE
This one's kind of like the first post...

I trained my Lombre to level 50, then I realised you had to use a water stone to evolve it.

I also did the same thing with my Nuzleaf.

In the end, I never found any of the stones, so I couldn't evolve them anyway.