• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Noobiest thing you've done on R/S/E

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
I used my master ball on Rayquaza. I spent nearly a week trying to catch Latios.

Last edited:
The noobish things that I have done is:
1. use the master ball at a Seviper, that was my 1st time playing pokemon game and I have no idea about the master ball's capture rate and is the only one...
2. can't find Sootoplis city anywhere(because it needs to dive) and spend 1 week surfing around the seas without any clue...
3. can't even find the victory road, and I thought the game is finnish when I defeat all 8 gyms, so I continued training my pokemon till lv98 and still don't know a thing about E4 or even the victory road...
LOL, good times :D

Pokemon Inc

We Are Pokemon!
Wow. You must of been completly clueless about Pokemon games back then. No offense

mewfan1

I sold my amulet coin and exp. share to buy something pointless.

Took me forever to find Sootopolis City as well.

I think onetime I made Latios faint when I tried to catch him.

I didn't even know the point of "Not very effective" moves..I thought it was the move itself and I didn't even know types had advantage over others.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
I mistook Tropius for a legendary because I'd never seen it before and it was before I saw all of the Hoenn Pokemon online.

DarthVader

I'll contribute something different... I ended up paying money for a fake copy of Emerald, and playing through it, because I didn't know about fakes then.

Ferarri said:
I used only my starter and swept through the game, but i was 6 then.

That's probably a good idea in R/S.

Celest M.

Celestial Mistress~
-Only used Swampert for the entire game.

-Used the Master ball on Kyogre. (When I was ten, that's what I thought it was for.)

-Sold my Exp. share.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
-Only used Swampert for the entire game.

-Sold my Exp. share.

Ironic that something similar happened to me when it came to my Starter Pokemon. I had used Torchic throughout the game and had completely ignored my other Pokemon. I only really noticed that my other Pokemon were about 40 levels weaker than my Blaziken until after I beat the Elite Four lol. Anyway, I also sold tons of items like the Sea Incense, Lax Incense, and a bunch of vitamin items like Carbos, Iron, and Zinc. I was arrogant back then and didn't think I'd ever need them. I wasn't able to get Azurill until 2005 as a result of selling the Sea Incense haha.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
-left my ds on thinking the days would change for mirage island.....it didn't

-clone with the battle tower cloning glitch

-i lost to greta epicly. i beat heracross with latias, then umbreon beat latias and sceptile. metagross beat umbreon. and shedinja beat metagross.....sceptile was the only one who could hit shedinja with ariel ace...

Thexwoed

The Monkey Trainer
Three things

-comprised my team of a level 100 swampert and a level 100 blaziken
-DIDNT get the masterball
-DIDNT catch groudon

i was in like second grade :]

Thexwoed

The Monkey Trainer
Three things

-comprised my team of a level 100 swampert and a level 100 blaziken
-DIDNT get the masterball
-DIDNT catch groudon

i was in like second grade :]

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
I was forced to kill a shiny tentacool because I had no pokeballs.

Peppermint

Vanilla-Flavored~
I used up all my berries without even knowing it and failed to catch a shiny Torkoal because I ran out of pokeballs.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
- never planted berries and had to wait everyday for one berry and restarted the berry plants

- never using tms because you could only use them once(except for the ones u can buy at Lilycove)

- when making a new secret base, the old one would disappear(i never knew that, i thought they all were connected)