• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Nova Travels

Who's your favorite pokemon character?

• Total voters

Gelatino95

Not a tool
This chapter is a bit better. Stinger's personality is hilarious so far. Lots more character development, I see. However, maybe you should move on to something different than romance. What would the characters do if one of them were injured? What if they got separated? What if they got unbearably angry at each other for whatever reason? Think about questions like these and think about how to implement them into your story. Not only will it further expand on the characters' personalities, it will also keep your fic from becoming a sappy love story.

Last edited:

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
The next chapter is another big action scene, so it will get less sappy next time. I have a few things in store for everyone, but I'm not going to spoil too much of the story. I had said earlier that the psychic type was a gothorita, but I only mentioned it once, so I could see how you could miss it. Well, thanks for the review! I'm enjoying writing the next chapter quite a bit, and I can't wait to see what you and any other readers who may decide to review think about it!

-TA

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Well, despite my ever persistent procrastination, I have finished the next chapter! It's much less sappy than the recent ones, and will provide some information that was not mentioned before. One link to a virtual cookie to whoever points out my incredibly obvious reference!

Chapter Fifteen: A Legendary Rescue

“Christy, get up,” Leaf said to her trainer as she jumped out of bed. “We’re about to leave for pinwheel forest.”

“Ugh…What time is it?” responded Christy, still half asleep.

“Five o’clock,” answered Jake, who was already fully awake. “We’ve got to make it to the end of the forest by nightfall, and we can’t do that if we don’t leave quickly. All our bags are packed, and as soon as you change, we can go.”

“Fine,” groaned Christy, now used to waking up early. She slid out of bed and hobbled across the floor, grabbing a random pair of jeans and a tee shirt from her bag, then walking into the bathroom to change. After she came out, the group ate a breakfast of roasted peacha berries, returned all but their starter pokémon, and went on their way. After checking out of the pokémon center, it was off to Pinwheel forest.

“Well, here it is,” said Christy, who stood with Leaf, Jake and Tails at the entrance to pinwheel forest. After walking through the city and the gardens next to it, the four travelers had reached the start of the day’s journey.

Jake looked at his watch. “If we want to make it through before nightfall, we’d better leave now.” Christy nodded in agreement, and the two continued walking into the forest, with Tails and Leaf behind them.

“Wow. It’s kind of dark in here,” Tails commented, looking around at the trees, which blotted out most of the sun.

“Yeah,” Leaf agreed absentmindedly. She was simply gazing around the forest, looking for something no one else could see.

After about an hour of walking, the group was still not even an eighth of the way through the forest. Suddenly, a net of steel wires burst out from under them, carrying them up onto a tree branch.

“What the hell?” screamed Jake as they were pulled upwards.

Several men and women in red tuxedos stepped out of the bushes, along with one man with a red and black one. “Ah, so we meet again.”

“Let us down right now!” yelled Christy, struggling.

“Don’t bother. One of these wires could support metagross on its own. I don’t believe I was able to introduce myself the last time we met. My name is Kurayami, ruler of Team Legend.” Kurayami looked mockingly at the trainers in the net.

“Well, now we know what name to give to the insane asylum,” Jake spat hatefully.

“I would have offered you a chance to end your quest and be left unharmed, but you insisted on humiliating us in your escape.” Kurayami acted as if his captive had not spoken. “Now, you will be destroyed.”

“Go ahead and try.” Jake returned Tails to his pokéball momentarily, and released him outside the net. “Send out a pokémon, and I’ll battle you to let us go.”

“Ah, well, I might as well crush your pokémon now, and avoid the problem later.

“Hydreigon, destroy it with dragon pulse.” Before Jake could even chose an attack for his grovyle, a three headed black dragon had appeared and charged a dragon pulse attack. Tails was unconscious on the ground from the dark ball of energy almost immediately.

“No! Tails return!” Jake returned the pokémon to his ball before anything else bad could happen.

“Your pitiful attempts to fight back amuse me,” said the boss of team legend, standing beside his powerful pokémon. “Alright, hydreigon, retrieve the net, and bring them to me.”

“Hydreigon,” growled the pokémon. Christy looked at Leaf for a translation, while Jake only stood in disbelief at the unbelievably powerful pokémon.

“He said ‘Yes, master.’” Leaf looked scared by the way the dragon type had been brainwashed into its trainer’s own perspective.

Suddenly, a flash of green passed in front of the dragon type. It lay fainted from whatever it was. “Wh-what?” Kurayami stuttered, looking in fear at his massively powerful pokémon that lay knocked out from a single hit.

“Vir!” came a cry from the surrounding forest. The flash of green came again, this time leaping from the ground over the net, which fell to the ground. Kurayami and the grunts were far too stunned to do anything to recover their prisoners.

A voice spoke in Jake’s head, but he saw all the others react to it as well. You come to my forest with thoughts that threaten my people with slavery and death!

“A…legendary pokémon? What do you want from me? This is madness!” Jake then realized that Kurayami was right. Legendary pokémon are known to communicate with humans through telepathy, and there was one who was said to live in this very forest.

Madness? No. The green flash knocked out all the grunts at once, then materialized as a green and white deer in a stripe on its in front of Kurayami. This! Is! UNOVA! The legendary pokémon who Jake could now identify as Virizion reared up on its hind legs and kicked the boss of Team Legend into a tree twenty feet away.

Jake and Christy both winced at the sound of his ribs snapping at the kick of the legend. His screams of pain and fear stopped when he was knocked out from smashing his head into the oak.

Good luck on your travels, young ones. We will be watching. With that, Virizion leapt off at a blinding speed, becoming the same green blur from before.

“We should probably get going before they wake up.” Jake turned to leave, but noticed Christy wasn’t following him. “Are you coming?” He asked, and then spun around to see her dial three numbers on her pokénav.

“Hello? Is this the Nacrene City police station?” Jake immediately caught on to what Christy was doing. “We just found a group of people unconscious in the woods. They look like they were attacked, but one of them looks a bit like a criminal I saw on a wanted poster once.” With that, Christy hung up the phone. The police could track the signal to find this location, and would probably recognize Kurayami from the sketches that were drawn from Jake and Christy’s descriptions. With the leader of Team Legend in jail, Jake and Christy’s journey would become much easier.

“Great idea. Now can we get moving?” Jake looked annoyed that they were delayed. Despite the fact that they had seen a legendary pokémon, he still wanted to make it to the end of the forest by nightfall.

“Okay, calm down. We’ll get there when we get there. But that probably won’t be today, since it’s already noon, and we’re not even a quarter of the way there,” Christy pointed out.

“True, but we can still try, and sitting around here’s not going to help.” Jake looked at his luxury ball, wondering if Tails would be okay after a night’s sleep.

“Point taken. Let’s get going then.” The Trainers and Leaf set off through the forest, still recovering from their encounter with a legend.

What did Virizion mean by ‘We will be watching’? Who is the ‘we’ anyway? Oh, well, I suppose we’ll find out eventually. For now we should just focus on hiking. Jake simply ended his thoughts and kept walking.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I won't even bother pointing out the reference. Glad to see a little twist in the plot. Now the musketeer trio will be making some appearances? Coolio. Just out of curiosity, where did the name of the leader that I already forgot come from?

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Well, I'm glad you liked the plot twist, and rest assured, more legends than that will appear! As for the name of Kurayami, I just put evil sounding things into Google translate, then waited until I found a good sounding Japanese name. 'Kurayami' is actually a translation of 'darkness' into Japanese. Yes, it's very cliche, but I got a bit lazy. By the way, to anyone reading this, the cookie is still available.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Well, this chapter's a bit on the short side, but I think that I did pretty well. A new pokémon is introduced, and he's a fun little fella to write! Anyway, To anybody out there who's willing to review, I'd be happy to return the favor! Well, here it is:

Chapter Sixteen: Not the Face!

“Wait.” Jake held out his hand to signal Christy and Leaf to stop walking. “Do you hear something?”

Christy stood and listened for a moment. “Yeah, now that you mention it, I do. It sounds kind of like something’s cracking…” Christy looked at Jake suddenly, and he grabbed for his bag.

Pulling it off his back haphazardly, he reached inside and pulled out the egg they had received at the day care. The orange shell was cracking all over. “It’s…hatching…” Jake stood in awe staring at the egg. A tiny stump in the same color as the shell pushed through.

“Trap! Pinch!” A small peeping emanated from within the shell. Finally, the egg shattered completely, revealing an antlion pokémon only a foot and a half tall. The small creature’s eyes opened for the first time, and looked at Jake. “Trapinch!” it squealed. Jake however was able to understand it. “Daddy!”

“Well, I guess he chose you to be his trainer.” Christy smiled at Jake, but he could tell she was disappointed. “He’s really cute!” she added, recovering quickly.

“Yeah, his is kind of- AHHH! GET HIM OFF!!! MMPH!!!” Jake screamed as his new pokémon leapt on top of him, with surprising strength for a newborn, and clamped his powerful jaws down on his head.

“I don’t know,” Christy said between laughs. “I’m kind of enjoying this.” She looked thoughtful for a moment as Jake ran around in circles, continuing to wave his arms around. His screams were muffled by the trapinch’s mouth, which was much larger than the rest of his body. “Can you keep it down?” Christy asked impatiently. I’m trying to think of a good nickname.”

Leaf looked at the small pokémon biting its trainer’s head in amusement. “It looks like this trapinch likes Jake’s face as much as stinger.”

“Thanks for your help!” said the ever sarcastic Jake, after finally prying his new pokémon off of his head.

“No problem,” Christy replied absentmindedly. “How does Munchy sound to you?”

“Whatever,” replied an angry Jake.

Realizing that this was pretty much the most positive answer she was going to get right now, Christy took this ‘whatever’ as a yes. “Great! Hey Munchy!” She took the baby trapinch out of Jake’s arms, and held him in her own. She scratched his head and he yawned.

“He looks like he needs some sleep. Does Jake have a pokéball ready for him?” Leaf asked her trainer.

“I don’t know,” responded Christy. “Hey, Jake, do you have a pokéball ready for Munchy?”

“Yeah,” he said. Since Munchy had hatched in his care, he didn’t need to capture him in order to put him in a pokéball. He held out the red and white orb, and pressed the button on the front. A red beam of light enveloped Munchy, who had already fallen asleep in Christy’s lap. He disappeared into the pokéball, and Christy stood back up.

She looked at the sky through the trees, seeing that the sun was almost all the way across the sky. “We should get moving. We need to make it as far as possible before nightfall, and we’re still a few hours away.”

Jake stood up and began walking alongside Christy and Leaf. “Sure. We only have about an hour till sunset though. We might as well set up camp now, since we aren’t going to get much farther, and can just keep walking tomorrow.”

Christy looked thoughtful for a moment, then spoke. “Fine. But we should at least wait for a good campsite.” She hoped that he would go along with it, and not notice when they kept walking until dark.

“Fine. I should probably still keep one pokémon out, since Tails is knocked out. Let’s go, Stinger.” He pulled a pokéball off of his belt, and pressed the button in the center.

“Where are we going? I can’t wait to get there!” said the young gligar, jumping onto her trainer’s face, only to jump back off and onto his shoulder as he cringed. “What’s wrong?”

“Oh, that egg we got at the day care hatched, and the trapinch inside tried to eat Jake’s head,” Leaf explained.

“WHAT?” screamed the enraged gligar. “NOBODY TOUCHES JAKE’S FACE BUT ME!”

“Calm down, Stinger. You can both share my face. There’s no reason to be upset.”

“THERE SURE IS A REASON! YOUR FACE IS MINE, AND NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE IT!” Stinger was fuming with anger and jealousy by this point.

“Okay, Stinger. Turn off your caps lock. Anyway, I think that my face is more mine than anyone else’s. Would you like to hold my face now?” Jake asked gently.

“Uh huh,” whimpered Stinger with a sudden change of attitude. She hugged Jake’s face, and he was somehow able to keep walking despite being blinded by the pokémon on his face.

“Hey, how about this for a camping spot?” he asked a few minutes later, pointing towards a clearing in the brush.

“Sure. Why not?” agreed Christy, not bothering to ask how Jake had seen the spot through Stinger’s wings. It was the best camping spot they were going to find, and it wasn’t going to help to keep walking anyway.

The group left the path and set up their camp. Stinger had agreed to return to her pokéball for now, so that Jake could help set up and get some sleep. The entire set up took about a half hour, and the sun was just starting to set as they finished.

Jake lay down in his sleeping bag and, against his better judgment, began to think. What’s going to happen once Kurayami’s in jail? Will Team Legend just quit? I doubt it. They won’t have a leader though, so they shouldn’t be as much trouble. Ah, why am I thinking about this? I won’t get any sleep if I don’t think less. With that thought, Jake stopped thinking, and went to sleep.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Nice chapter. I think we all knew that it was going to be a Trapinch in the egg. Looks like you've been getting ideas from my fic. Stinger seemed to be acting a little out-of-character for a second there, but it didn't last long. Nice chapter overall.

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
Hi, name's DiZ. Your fic is great. I like both yours and Gelo's one, and I have mine. Can you add me to PM list?

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Nice chapter. I think we all knew that it was going to be a Trapinch in the egg. Looks like you've been getting ideas from my fic.
Well, sort of. I was actually thinking about including a trapinch when I started, but your fic helped me decide for sure!
Stinger seemed to be acting a little out-of-character for a second there, but it didn't last long. Nice chapter overall.
That was the idea there, to show how much Stinger values Jake's face.
Hi, name's DiZ. Your fic is great. I like both yours and Gelo's one, and I have mine. Can you add me to PM list?
Well, I'm glad you like it! I'll have to check your fic out, and you're being added now!

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Hello! I finally finished the next chapter, but I'm sorry it took so long. I didn't want another disaster like the last gym battle chapter. I saw that we've passed the 1000 view mark, so hooray for readers! Somehow I still only have four that bothered to reply... Anyway, I hope nobody gets pissed off by the cliffhanger ending, but it felt better than just explaining everything now. Here it is:

Chapter Seventeen: The Big Freaking Bridge

“Christy, wake up.” Christy opened her eyes to see Jake standing over her, shaking her awake. “Oh, good, you’re up. I’ve already cleaned up the campsite, except for the tent. We should get moving as soon as we get that done.”

“Okay,” murmured Christy as she rose from her sleeping bag. It was then that she saw all the pokémon eating roasted berries. They all seemed to be getting to know Munchy, except for Stinger, who was giving him a cold glare. “I guess Tails is feeling better.”

“Yeah,” replied Jake as the two folded the tent and shoved it into Jake’s bag. “It turns out all he needed was a good night’s sleep.”

“That hydreigon was too freaking tough! I didn’t even have time to think before it had me knocked out. Virizion must be stronger than anything I’ve ever seen if he can completely destroy something like that with one hit.” Tails was sharing his story with the other pokémon. He had been informed of the events that occurred during his unconsciousness by Leaf.

“Come on, Tails. We’ve got to go now if we want to make it to Castelia City in time to get a room at the pokémon center,” Jake called, returning the rest of his pokémon.

“Okay,” said Tails, obviously disappointed to have to cut his story short.

“You guys come back too!” Christy called to her own pokémon, holding up their pokéballs as a beam of red light sucked them inside. Leaf stood up and walked behind her.

“I wonder what Castelia City will be like?” Tails pondered as they walked down the road.

“It’s big, hot, and smells like a koffing’s smog attack,” Leaf said, clearly not thrilled to be going there. “Christy’s mom had business there once, and we had to come. The only pokémon that hellhole is fit for are poison types.”

“Come on, Leaf,” replied Christy. “It wasn’t that bad. Besides, the next gym is in Castelia City. We have to-”

“As a grass type, I need fresh air. The toxic gas that fills that place is NOT fresh air.”

“Um…Jake? I’m not sure I want to go to Castelia City anymore.” Tails looked at the ground.

“I’m not sure what Leaf just said, but you don’t have to worry. We’ll win our gym badge and be on our way.” Jake shot an angry glare towards the snivy. She merely smiled innocently.

“Hey, Jake, I think we must have been closer to the bridge than we thought,” Christy said.

“Why do you say that?” Jake asked in response, still preoccupied with his own thoughts. She pointed through a gap in the trees where a huge bridge was visible. “Oh my god…That thing is huge!”

The group ran forwards towards the end of the forest. The trees thinned until only the blue sky was visible. As they rushed into the clearing, they saw quite a sight. On the other side of the grass stood a bridge of epic proportions. Over the bay crossed by the giant mass of silver and blue steel, the skyline of Castelia City was visible. Jake and Christy gaped at the marvelous scene.

“That’ll take hours to cross!” said Christy, breaking the silence. “By the time we get there, we’ll be way too tired to do anything, and it’ll still be early! We’ll have wasted an entire day!”

Jake smiled and looked thoughtfully at absolutely nothing for a moment. “Not quite,” he said, reaching into his bag. He pulled out a full sized bike that was somehow able to fit inside the bag, and hopped on.

“Oh, yeah!” Christy said, pulling out her own bike. “It’s like I completely forgot we even had bikes! That, or somebody’s controlling everything that happens in our lives and somehow forgot to include them for the last seventeen days.”

“How about we go with the first one,” Jake said, returning Tails to his pokéball and peddling onto the bridge as Christy returned Leaf and pedaled beside him. “I like to think I have some control over my life, plus the fact that the second is a shameless breakage of the fourth wall.”

Jake and Christy had been riding their bikes for a full twenty minutes, and were about halfway across the bridge. Suddenly, a glob of white goop fell from the sky and landed on Christy’s head.

“Crap!” she yelled, as a wingull called and landed on the bridge next to them.

“Gull! Gull!” it screeched as Jake laughed hysterically. Christy shot him a scowl cold enough to freeze a magcargo as they stepped off their bikes.

“Keep laughing and I’ll rip your throat out,” Christy said calmly, causing Jake to quiet down immediately. She turned towards the wingull and growled. “You’ll pay for that you stupid bird.”

“Gull!” replied the wingull stupidly.

“Go! Paul!” Christy called as she threw a pokéball onto the ground. Before the battle, Paul managed to get in a water gun on Jake’s face. “Now, use hyper voice!”

“Gull!” said the wingull, which flew towards Paul and smashed its wing into him, sending him flying into a lamppost. “Gull!”

“Rrg…He used wing attack…Try hyper voice again!” cried Christy, trying to shake the bird crap out of her hair.

“Get ready to pay you stupid bird!” Paul started to screech, and the bumps on his head began to vibrate. A loud noise came out of his mouth, directed at the wingull. It started to thrash around in pain, but still managed to shoot a blast of water from its beak.

“Paul, dodge it!” Christy yelled, but the blast hit Paul dead on.

“Ow! I’ll get…you for…that…” said Paul, who was clearly in pain. Suddenly, he was enveloped in a white glow. He grew in size and legs sprouted from his body. The two bumps on Paul’s head each split in two, and the new bumps traveled up his head and combined on the top. Two arms also sprouted from his side and the glow faded.

“Paul! You evolved into palpitoad!” Christy said, seemingly forgetting both the battle and the feces in her hair. “Now! Use bubblebeam!” she yelled, remembering the task at hand.

The wingull didn’t have time to counter this time, and was hit dead on with the bubbles of explosive gas. It was blasted back into the side of the bridge and fell on the ground. “Pokéball, go!” yelled Christy as she hurled a red and white orb at the seagull pokémon.

It disappeared into the ball as it was hit, and the ball clattered to the ground. It shook once, twice, three times, and then clicked. “Yes! I caught a wingull!” Christy said excitedly, and then pulled the pokéball back out. “John, I choose you!” said Christy, apparently deciding on a name.

“Hur hur…” chuckled John stupidly.

“Use water gun and gust to clean out my hair,” Christy asked the wingull.

“Okey dokey.” John spewed a burst of water at Christy’s head, washing out the gunk. He then beat his wings rapidly, creating a gust of wind that blew it dry. “You looks all purty now!”

“Thanks John!” said Christy, climbing back onto her bike, and returning her two pokémon.

“Well, if that’s over, we should get going again. We’ve still got to go to Castelia City.” Jake got up on his own bike.

“Whatever. I bet I can get there faster than you can!” said Christy, starting to pedal.

“You’re on,” Jake replied, as the two raced side by side towards the City.

After another fifteen minutes of pedaling, the two reached the end of the bridge. Christy pulled off of the bridge a full thirty seconds before Jake came in, gasping for breath. “Okay, Christy, you win. I think that using gust to push yourself forwards was cheating though.” Jake got no response, and looked up from his panting to see Christy staring in shock at a newsstand. It was then that he read the headline on thee front page of the newspapers. “Oh my god.”

Last edited:

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! New chapter and first to post. I didn't even understand how works the PM, but I've read this, so it works. Oh, gotcha.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Seriously, have you been reading the Random of Randomness? Jack gets pooped on the head on Skyarrow bridge too. Also, I thought the street performers were in front of Driftveil Drawbridge.

I love the wingull's dopey personality, by the way.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Seriously, have you been reading the Random of Randomness? Jack gets pooped on the head on Skyarrow bridge too. Also, I thought the street performers were in front of Driftveil Drawbridge.

I love the wingull's dopey personality, by the way.
Wow. I just started the awesome of awesomeness, so I didn't even know Jack went to Unova. *Checks bulbapedia* Crap. Your right. Well, I guess I'll explain that by saying that they're a travelling group, which I'm petty sure the game said they were. So...yeah... But I'm glad you like John's personality, and so do I. I felt like I needed a derpy pokemon, and quagsire was too cliche. I might introduce one later though, but it most definitely will not be derpy. God I sound like a hipster right now. Anyway, I've been busy with homework, but still managed to work in some writing in my free periods(Yay high school!), so the new chapter will either be out tomorrow or Friday. Seeya then!

-TA

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Well, I finished this chapter faster, but I hope it's not as bad as the second gym battle. It settles the cliffhanger from the last chapter, and it has several more bad jokes! Also, if you're reading, PLEASE review! Gelatino95 and DiZ are great, but I need all the help I can get right now!

Chapter Eighteen: Escapees

FIFTEEN KILLED IN BREAKOUT FROM NACRENE PRISON read the headline. Below it was a mug shot of none other than Kurayami himself. The article was about how security cameras caught several people in the same uniforms of those arrested sneak into the prison, murder fifteen guards, and break out their team members.

“It’s our fault…” whispered Christy. “We put them in jail, and they killed them. It’s our fault those people are dead…”

“Hey, kid!” grunted the man running the newsstand. “If you’re not gonna buy something, take your boyfriend and move along!”

The pair wordlessly turned away and walked towards the pokémon center. Since Castelia City was the biggest city in Unova, it took a good twenty minutes to find it. As they reached the pokémon center, they spoke only to request that their pokémon be healed and to reserve a room. After walking upstairs to their room, they released their pokémon.

“What’s the matter?” asked Stinger, immediately aware of an issue.

“Did Jake do something stupid?” asked Christy’s newly evolved palpitoad, earning him a cold stare from his trainer.

“How about we buy some bacon and it all feels better.” George received a slap on the back of the head from Leaf.

“Everyone shut up and let them talk!”

“Thanks Leaf,” said Christy as all the pokémon stopped talking. “We just found out something terrible. You all remember those Team Legend goons we sent to jail yesterday?” Several nods came to Christy, and she continued solemnly. “They escaped. And not only that. They killed a bunch of people on their way out.”

“What?!” yelled the pokémon in unison, all of whom were astounded at this bad news. Stinger started to cry a little, and even the ever playful George was sad. Paul on the other hand, was seething with anger.

“Those jerks are gonna pay! Once I evolve again, they’re gonna have one angry seismitoad on their hands! They killed those people! Killed them!” With that, Paul walked away muttering darkly to himself.

“Don’t worry stinger,” said Tails, patting the whimpering gligar on the back. “It’s gonna be alright.

John even seemed to acknowledge the news. Munchy looked at Jake, hoping to be told that everything was alright.

“It’s okay everyone,” Jake said. “We couldn’t have done anything to stop it anyway. The best thing we can do now is to keep getting stronger so we can beat them.”

“You’re right,” Christy said, keeping a strong face in front of the pokémon, but Jake could tell she was just as upset as they were. “Where’s the Castelia City gym?”

“I don’t know. I guess if we ask around, we’ll find it eventually. Why don’t we go for a walk?” Jake looked at his pokémon, who looked happy to go back to their pokéballs and get their minds off the prison break.

“Great idea! Why don’t we split up and look around?” Christy said as she returned her pokémon.

“Okay. I’ll take the west side if you take the east side.” Jake retuned his own pokémon, and walked towards the door with Christy.

After a few minutes of walking away from the pokémon center, Christy tried to stop a woman passing by. “Excuse me, do you know-”

“Get out of my way kid,” ordered the woman, shoving past her.

“Okay,” muttered Christy. “No need to be a b*tch about it.” She walked a bit more, and found a man with a brief case walking by. “Hello, sir? Do you know where-”

“Whatever the hell you’re selling, I don’t want it!” replied the man, walking on.

“I wonder if the people down by the pier are any nicer,” she said to herself, and moved down onto the part of the road extending over the ocean.

The pier was beautiful. The water shimmered in the sunlight, and small water type pokémon could be seen swimming around. A few people could be seen standing at the end of the dock, and one old man was standing at the side.

“Hello sir!” Christy said, hoping that this man would be more agreeable than the other people she had met. “Do you know where I could find the Castelia City gym?”

“Oh, of course. It’s on gym street in the far west corner of the city. If you’re thinking about challenging it, you probably have strong pokémon. Would you mind if I see them?”

Thankful that the man was helpful rather than spiteful, Christy was happy to oblige. “Sure! Come on out, guys!” she said, pressing the buttons on the pokéballs on her belt. Leaf, George, Paul, and John appeared in front of her. The man saw George and looked happily at him.

“Oh, thank you! I do love pokémon. I couldn’t help noticing you have a pansear. A friend of mine sent me a box of leaf, water, and fire stones many years ago. I was a scientist back then, and I used to study evolution. I still have all of them, and I was wondering if you wanted a fire stone. It can evolve pansear, you know.”

“What? You’re just gonna give it to me?” Christy asked, surprised by the man’s generosity.

“Of course! You need it more than I do!” said the man, pulling a strange rock with a flame pattern out from his pocket. “I just have one favor to ask. Could you evolve him here? It’s been so long since I’ve witnessed an evolution. I’d love to see one again.”

“Okay, but only if George here agrees,” replied Christy, looking at her pansear.

“Yeah! I wanna evolve! Pass me the stone!” replied the pokémon.

“I guess that answers my question. Here we go.” Christy accepted the fire stone from the man’s hand, and handed it to George, who pressed it against his forehead. The stone began to glow white, and the glow spread over George’s body. He grew taller and more muscular, and the flame-like tuft on his head appeared to burn higher until it stopped at twice its original size.

“Cool!” George said, looking at his hands. “I’m a simisear now! Nobody can beat me!”

“Thank you sir!” Christy yelled over her shoulder as she ran off towards the west side of the city.

Jake couldn’t find anyone who could help him. Everyone either pushed him out of their way before he could talk to them, or yelled at him for trying to sell him something. Note to self: never move to Castelia City. He was walking down an ally in hopes of finding at least one person who wasn’t a total as*hole.

“Hey!” called a man behind a dumpster in a trench coat. “I can tell you what you need to know. Just come over here.”

“Thanks!” said Jake, happy that at least one person was helpful. He walked over to the man, who smiled at him.

“OOGA BOOGA!” yelled the man, and pulled open his trench coat.

“Oh god, my eyes!” screamed Jake, pulling out Tail’s pokéball.
“Kill it! Kill it now! Leaf blade!” Tails jumped up and slashed at the flasher, causing him to run off screaming and bleeding.

“You just had to order an attack that makes contact,” said Tails, obviously disgusted at having touched the man. “I know energy ball too, you know!”

“I panicked, okay!” Jake’s pokénav started ringing. “Hyello?” he answered.

“Do you really have to answer the phone like that?” asked Christy on the video display.

“Yes.”

“You’re a nerd.”

“But a sexy nerd. What did you have to say to me anyway?” Jake asked. Christy rolled her eyes.

“I found out where the gym was, and a nice man gave me a fire stone that I used to evolve George.” Christy smiled and then noticed that Jake looked like he had been mentally scarred for life recently. “What happened to you?”

“I really don’t want to talk about it. Where’s the gym?”

“It’s on the far west side of town on Gym Street.”

“Gym Street? How the hell did we not figure that out before?” Jake said angrily.

“Well, it’s too late for a gym challenge today. We might as well go to sleep early tonight so we can get up early tomorrow,” Christy suggested.

“Good idea, Christy. We’ll meet back up at the pokémon center.” Jake hung up the phone, and headed back towards the pokémon center.

Christy was closer to the pokémon center, so she made it back first. As she sat down, she saw a man in a trench coat crying as he was pushed bleeding into the emergency room on a gurney. It’s times like these when I question the logic of having a hospital and a hotel in the same building.

“Hey, Christy,” Jake said as he pushed open the door and walked into the pokémon center.

“Hey Jake,” she replied as she stood back up and they walked towards their room. “Some guy in a trench coat was just crying his head off in the hospital. He was cut up really badly. I guess he got mugged.”

“It was self-defense, okay?!”

“What?” Christy replied as they walked into their room.

“Nothing. Let’s get some sleep.” With that, Jake plopped down onto one of the beds, and Christy jumped into the other one.

“Whatever, psyduck boy.” Jake didn’t respond to the nickname, and the two went to sleep.

Author's Note: The flasher was actually featured in pokémon black and white. He jumped out from behind a dumpster, yelled 'OOGA BOOGA' and gave you the flash tm.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I like the way you portrayed the flasher in the story. It also seems to be getting pretty dark, what with all the people getting killed. Glad to see some of the pokemon (namely Paul) getting more personality.

Agent DJ

Like a BOSS!!!!!!!!!
“Some guy in a trench coat was just crying his head off in the hospital. He was cut up really badly. I guess he got mugged.”

“It was self-defense, okay?!”

“What?” Christy replied as they walked into their room.

“Nothing. Let’s get some sleep.”

LOL, wat was the guy even trying 2 do? was he gonna give him the flash TM? 0.0 2 bad about the dead guards, will team legend try 2 kill them aswell, i love reading dis fanfic and the phineas pokemon cross-over

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
OMFG! 15 PEOPLE KILLED! I'm really thinking on entering there, and use Krolectron or Winteox to bolt or chill the **** out of Team Legend.

Click this to get who Pokémon are Krolectron and Winteox.
Down here.

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
I like the way you portrayed the flasher in the story. It also seems to be getting pretty dark, what with all the people getting killed. Glad to see some of the pokemon (namely Paul) getting more personality.

Well, I'm glad you liked the flasher. That was one of the most hilarious parts of the pokemon games. As for the fic getting darker, yes, it will, but we'll still have the crappy comedy that we always have! I've been working on developing the characters, particularly the pokemon. They're often written as animals, but I try to write them as people. In a few chapters, I might try to make a pokemon centered special chapter!

LOL, wat was the guy even trying 2 do? was he gonna give him the flash TM? 0.0 2 bad about the dead guards, will team legend try 2 kill them aswell, i love reading dis fanfic and the phineas pokemon cross-over

Ehehe...not exactly...But the guards will become more important later on. And yes, I tried to make it clear that Team Legend's goal was to kill Jake and Christy. I have also read the P+F crossover, and it's pretty good, I agree. I'm glad you left a review, and thanks for the feedback!

OMFG! 15 PEOPLE KILLED! I'm really thinking on entering there, and use Krolectron or Winteox to bolt or chill the **** out of Team Legend.

Click this to get who Pokémon are Krolectron and Winteox.
Down here.

Um...you do realize that this isn't real right? And even if it was, gelatino's (awesome) fakemon wouldn't exist in it... but in all seriousness, I'm glad you're getting into the story.

Well, thanks for the reviews, especially Gelatino95, for helping me from the beginning! Well, before I drown in my sappiness, I'll see you all next chapter!

DarknessInZero

<- Es mío! MÍO!
Hey, I'm a kid. Let me be. I'M HYPER BEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Yes, I know that they doesn't exist, but I would really like that they would be real Pokémon. BTW, do you have an account there?