• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The NU World Order

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Yep. It's a team from me. Without any bells and whistles. Shocking, eh? Boredom is a terrible, terrible thing.

Going a little old-school for this team. Since NU hasn't been formally created yet for Gen 5, I'm using old Gen 4 NUs.

262.png

Mightyena @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
- Super Fang
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Rest

This is an in-game variant of Smogon's Stallbreaker Mightyena, which I was a part of the testing group for. Its bulk isn't actually half-bad when it's combined with Leftovers, Max Hp, and Intimidate. Rest also helps there, with Meganium to help get rid of the sleep status. Super Fang is what makes this set truly formidable, Mightyena is capable of KOing most Pokemon in-game with Crunch or Sucker Punch after a Super Fang or two. No Speed, because Sucker Punch's priority usually takes care of the faster opponents. And no, it doesn't need a coverage move over Crunch, it's perfectly acceptable as it is, and the only Pokemon you would reasonably be aiming for are Steel-types, which Mightyena can't do much about as Fire Fang / Rock Smash do pitiful damage coming from him.

31.png

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Ability: Sheer Force
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Sheer Force Nidoqueen. Specially oriented, because that's the better half of her movepool and the lower stat is really meaningless when you consider Sheer Force, Modest, Life Orb, and max EV investment are all thrown into the mix. Earth Power is Nidoqueen's best STAB move, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt form the core of her coverage, and Shadow Ball > Fire Blast / Flamethrower because the coverage with Fire-type moves would be mostly redundant with her other attacks.

22.png

Fearow @ Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Sniper / Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Drill Peck
- Return
- Drill Run
- Heat Wave

Simple all-out attacker Fearow. Dual STABs and a coverage move in Drill Run. Heat Wave is just for damaging steels that resist Drill Run, and because Fearow's movepool is just that shallow.

154.png

Meganium @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 Hp / 220 Def / 36 SpA
Ability: Overgrow
- Giga Drain
- HP Ice
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy

Simple supporter Meganium. Giga Drain is a superior STAB to Energy Ball as it gets the same accuracy and PP for 5 less Base Power, and you get to heal yourself when you use it. HP Ice leaves me open to Fire-types, but it hits opposing Flying- and Grass-types, which wall my attacks. Aromatherapy helps me save money on items while simultaniously acting to wake Mightyena up from Rest.

136.png

Flareon @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Ability: Flash Fire
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Simple WishPasser Flareon. I'll quote my post in the singles thread.
One of Flareon's "unique" sets, it's one of the few niches that most Fire-types like Blaziken and Houndoom can't touch. Arcanine arguably does it better, but it doesn't get Wish to support the team either, so your pick.

This is why I picked Flareon over Arcanine, because Flareon's Wish supports the team. Flareon's Flash Fire is also quite useful for mopping up incoming fire attacks.

340.png

Wiscash @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Oblivious
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
- Dragon Dance

If it wasn't a Wiscash, this would be almost beastly. Earthquake and Waterfall are STABs, Zen Headbutt is coverage. Dragon Dance is the only thing that makes this Pokemon even remotely viable.

Fire away, guys.

Last edited:

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Ohai there.

So, Lapras. Yeah...no. Tbqh, Bulldoze has such a low BP that you'll have to DD a couple of times to come even remotely close to doing decent damage. Are you looking for a physical Water or something? Because there are a decent amount of old NUs that got big breaks. Speed Boost Sharpedo and Shell Smash Huntail come to mind right away, though I won't provide sets (mainly because idk if you'd even want to use either of them). If it doesn't have to be physical, then Shell Smash Gorebyss comes to mind, as well as Storm Drain Gastrodon.

Also, while this isn't particularly helpful, you could always switch out Pidgeot for Fearow, who gets Drill Run now. That, at least, makes it a bit more unique these days.

As far as Sandslash goes, the set is fine, but do remember that the Gligar and Rhydon you mentioned both can utilize Eviolite, something Sandslash can't do at all.

Eh, none of that was an appropriate rate, but I'm not sure what you'll change here yet, so...meh.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
So, Lapras. Yeah...no. Tbqh, Bulldoze has such a low BP that you'll have to DD a couple of times to come even remotely close to doing decent damage. Are you looking for a physical Water or something? Because there are a decent amount of old NUs that got big breaks. Speed Boost Sharpedo and Shell Smash Huntail come to mind right away, though I won't provide sets (mainly because idk if you'd even want to use either of them). If it doesn't have to be physical, then Shell Smash Gorebyss comes to mind, as well as Storm Drain Gastrodon.

Eh, I know Lapras was bad, which was why I said I was considering replacing it. Tbh, I hate Shell Smash for in-game, just seems like a terrible idea. Maybe DD Wiscash, lol?

Also, while this isn't particularly helpful, you could always switch out Pidgeot for Fearow, who gets Drill Run now. That, at least, makes it a bit more unique these days.

Somewhere in New Jersey, Bossk is crying right now because you suggested that xD

As far as Sandslash goes, the set is fine, but do remember that the Gligar and Rhydon you mentioned both can utilize Eviolite, something Sandslash can't do at all.

I'm well aware of the Eviolite. However, that doesn't negate either of my earlier points about Rhydon's godawful typing and Gligar's lesser power. All it means is an easier setup, which tbh isn't needed in-game.

Eh, none of that was an appropriate rate, but I'm not sure what you'll change here yet, so...meh.

Not appropriate? Suggesting possible Pokemon changes and pointing out mistakes isn't appropriate now? What has IGRMT come to?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
o_O Shell Smash, poor? I have to disagree, sir. If anything, it's an amazing move for slower Pokemon, what with the lack of EV trained opponents. With Spe investment of your own, you can take a hit and then outspeed the competition, resulting in laughable wins. Or, don't Smash, and beat them anyway. Personally, I have a Shell Smash Omastar that was doing fine as an Omanyte alone, and is just beastly now. Buuuut ok, DD Whiscash, you say? Fine, same spread as Lapras, with EQ > Bulldoze. Return is stronger against Grass types than RS anyway, and your coverage will be just as good.

Lol, well apologies to Bossk, but:

Fearow @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Hasty
Ability: Keen Eye
- Drill Peck
- Return
- Drill Run
- Roost / Heat Wave

Pidgeot's bulky, but Fearow is stronger. Dual STAB, a move it desperately needed, Roost if you really think it can heal itself with its lolbulk, and Heat Wave for Bronzong / Skarmory / Ferrothorn, etc.

Your point about Gligar and Rhydon is valid. =/ but you know, for a "NU World Order," you certainly are sticking to all of the oldies. Nothing "new" about it...so, I'd like to make another suggestion. If you do end up using Fearow, then your physical-special ratio will be off, right? Well if that's the case, then you can always replace Sandslash with Sheer Force Nidoqueen. Good power requiring no setup, great special movepool. Not as strong as her male counterpart, but he's in a higher tier, and she has more bulk. So yeah.

Eh, I meant that I made a rate that had no EV spread in it.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
o_O Shell Smash, poor? I have to disagree, sir. If anything, it's an amazing move for slower Pokemon, what with the lack of EV trained opponents. With Spe investment of your own, you can take a hit and then outspeed the competition, resulting in laughable wins. Or, don't Smash, and beat them anyway. Personally, I have a Shell Smash Omastar that was doing fine as an Omanyte alone, and is just beastly now.

If you say so. I'd rather try to stick to semi-bulky, though; Shell Smash kinda destroys that.

Buuuut ok, DD Whiscash, you say? Fine, same spread as Lapras, with EQ > Bulldoze. Return is stronger against Grass types than RS anyway, and your coverage will be just as good.

Was planning on that anyway.

Fearow @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Hasty
Ability: Keen Eye
- Drill Peck
- Return
- Drill Run
- Roost / Heat Wave

Pidgeot's bulky, but Fearow is stronger. Dual STAB, a move it desperately needed, Roost if you really think it can heal itself with its lolbulk, and Heat Wave for Bronzong / Skarmory / Ferrothorn, etc.

0_o That actually looks like it could kick some ass. I'll give it a shot. Though I'll run Naive > Hasty because I don't want Fearow dying to oneshot Priority, which could actually happen with this thing's paper mache defenses.

...also, lol @ the fact that it ends up using Heat Wave off uninvested Base 61 SpA because it lacks a decent physical move to replace it. That's just incredibad.

Your point about Gligar and Rhydon is valid. =/ but you know, for a "NU World Order," you certainly are sticking to all of the oldies. Nothing "new" about it...so, I'd like to make another suggestion.

Gligar was an NU / UU favorite since Gen 2, and Rhydon was fairly popular last gen too as a sweeper, so Sandslash is actually the least popular of the three. Dodrio was more common than Pidgeot, Flareon was never a real factor, and Mightyena was just lol until Oglemi developed the Stallbreaker set, which didn't come out until the end of Gen 4. Lapras wasn't that common either, but you'd see it every so often thanks to its amazing bulk, T-Bolt, and Water Absorb. The only real "oldie" I used was Meganium :/

If you do end up using Fearow, then your physical-special ratio will be off, right? Well if that's the case, then you can always replace Sandslash with Sheer Force Nidoqueen. Good power requiring no setup, great special movepool. Not as strong as her male counterpart, but he's in a higher tier, and she has more bulk. So yeah.

Ooh, I love the Nidos. I'll give that a shot. Pretty sure I know what to do with this one.

Eh, I meant that I made a rate that had no EV spread in it.

Uwat. Dear god, when I started rating half the people didn't even know what EVs were. Has it really changed that much?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Your point about Shell Smash is also valid, and I can understand that completely.

-___- of course you were, but it'd be spam on my part if I was all "ohemgeez Whischasz kewl!" So yeah.

That works as well. Haha true, but the Normal/Flying brigade tends to have lolmovepools or lolstats, so it's to be expected.

When I said your team was full of oldies, I meant that you hadn't incorporated any 5th Gen moves or mechanics into your team. Which is a shame, considering all the interesting things this gen has brought.

Like Nidoqueen, lol. And I'm sure you do.

>_< are you a random noob? Lol yes, spreads aren't mandatory, but since I know for a fact that you have at least a decent understanding of the mechanics of Pokemon, I would usually be inclined to provide a more in-depth rate, as opposed to giving you sets and saying "use these." Also, shut up, you haven't been away for that long, lol.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Your point about Shell Smash is also valid, and I can understand that completely.

This is why I'm glad it's you who's a mod and not me or TBR, lol. I would've continued arguing, lol.

-___- of course you were, but it'd be spam on my part if I was all "ohemgeez Whischasz kewl!" So yeah.

It wouldn't be spam, because the rest of the rate was intelligent and you included a set for Fearow. You were also answering a question that I posed to you, so even without that it wouldn't be spam.

Wow, I'm instructing a mod on the rules. This has enough irony to cure anemia.

That works as well. Haha true, but the Normal/Flying brigade tends to have lolmovepools or lolstats, so it's to be expected.

Oh my god, Farfetch'd. It has both.

When I said your team was full of oldies, I meant that you hadn't incorporated any 5th Gen moves or mechanics into your team. Which is a shame, considering all the interesting things this gen has brought.

Eh. I enjoy old school, and tactics really haven't changed much this time around. Hell, halfway through Gen 4 most people still played like it was Gen 3, and that was a huge shift in terms of strategy.

Like Nidoqueen, lol. And I'm sure you do.

Indeed. Now I'm just debating what to put where, lol. Nidoqueen's movepool is insane.

>_< are you a random noob?

Nah, he's been around longer than me.

Lol yes, spreads aren't mandatory, but since I know for a fact that you have at least a decent understanding of the mechanics of Pokemon, I would usually be inclined to provide a more in-depth rate, as opposed to giving you sets and saying "use these."

Lol, I understand.

Also, shut up, you haven't been away for that long, lol.

I really haven't been paying any attention since last December, lol. Also, I've been around almost twice as long as you have, so you should let me feel old if I want to... whipper-snapper ; )

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
Lol well I like to use tanks over all other sorts of Pokemon, so I can relate.

If I had just said "yes," it would've been a pointless sentence, lol. And that specific part would've been spam, even if the rest wasn't. Tsk tsk tsk, shouldn't you know this by now? Also, you've used that joke already...

That it does.

Not true; the game is way more weather- and ability-centric.

Haha can't help with that, so sorry.

-______- oh you're sooo clever...

Cool beans.

Well if that's the case, old-timer, then you should know by now that you should be updating the OP with any changes you've made to the team.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Lol well I like to use tanks over all other sorts of Pokemon, so I can relate.

Tanks > God.

If I had just said "yes," it would've been a pointless sentence, lol. And that specific part would've been spam, even if the rest wasn't.

How? You're answering a question set forth to you by the OP, who basically owns the thread. In addition, it has to do with the topic of the thread, which is the team. By that logic, if such a thing is spam, every relevant post in a thread is also spam. Just because a post is short and only answers one part of something doesn't make it spam. It's the content that matters.

Tsk tsk tsk, shouldn't you know this by now?

I'm not a mod, it's not my job to. A better question should be do you know this by now, Mr. Modz?

Also, you've used that joke already...

In a private social group convo. Now the rest of the masses can enjoy it. COMMUNISM

Not true; the game is way more weather- and ability-centric.

I'm talking in general. True, the OU meta now relies on weather, but Ubers and UU were practically ruled by Rain for half of the last Gen, whereas now Ubers is ruled by Sun and Zekrom and UU is also Sun-centric and runs like a bitch from Kyurem. Abilities, I will grant you, are much more important now, but certain ones have always been a major factor, i.e. Magic Guard Clefable and Poison Heal Breloom in UU and OU last gen.

However, in both cases, Priority has been a major factor. Scizor was #1 in the OU metagame for... iirc upwards of seven months, simply because of Bullet Punch. Absol could cut through most of the UU metagame thanks to Sucker Punch, the most powerful Priority move in the game when she uses it. Lucario still cuts up teams with SD boosted Extremespeed. Hitmontop is and was an extremely potent check for faster threats. Azumaril's Aqua Jet was terrifying. And now, Pokemon like Conkeldurr, Technician Breloom, Metagross, and Kyurem cut through teams like butter. It's still a key component of the Meta no matter how you look at it.

Haha can't help with that, so sorry.

Eh. I'll figure something out.

-______- oh you're sooo clever...

You know it.

Cool beans.

Ahh, beans, beans, the magical fruit.

Well if that's the case, old-timer, then you should know by now that you should be updating the OP with any changes you've made to the team.

I will as soon as I figure out what the hell I'm doing for Nidoqueen. I've been rather busy today.

Last edited:

The Wargle

~The Wargle
I see you chose Pidgeot. Great choice....

I feel as if I know you from somewhere.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Because A.) Bulldoze sucks. And B.) Curse Lapras in general sucks without Ice Shard. Also, I need to have something that can outspeed stuff besides Fearow. Nidoqueen fills that slot now that I'm replacing members.

I'll edit this post to show when I've updated.

EDIT: As stated.

Last edited:

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
maybe use some other NUs that don't look strong at all (like Farfetch'd), and find a good use for them in the team. Nidoqueen and Meganium actually look usable and some people do use them. I'm talking about stuff like maybe Plusle or something. That would be truely great

Forget i said anything

Last edited: