• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Odd Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychic

Really and truly
What Pokemon hatched from your Odd Egg in Crystal Version? Did you soft reset to get the one you wanted? Did you use it during your play-through? The baby Pokemon hatching from it had a %14 chance of being shiny in international game versions (50% in Japan), one of the highest in any Pokemon game. Did you get a shiny?

When replaying Crystal, I got a Tyrogue egg and kept SR-ing it for a shiny - except that I didn't know how to SR eggs, and I had saved while the egg was a step away from hatching! I kept soft-resetting, frustrated that my Tyrogue wouldn't shine!

Tell us about your Odd Egg experiences!

~Psychic

PikaSnap

Joan Ranger
My Odd Egg hatched into a Shiny Pichu on my first try on my first save file on Crystal!!
It was awesome that it was a shiny, but it didn't look very different than a regular Pichu so I was a little disappointed lol

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My Odd Egg hatched into Tyrogue both times that I played through Crystal version tbh. It wasn't Shiny either time sadly, plus I never bothered training it. :x

Kalosian

So long
I have played through Crystal twice and recieved the Odd Egg both times. The first time, I got it after I had beaten the game and was very surprised. Since I didn't know what could hatch from it, I thought it would hatch into some super-rare or legendary Pokemon, was hoping for a Celebi. Instead, it hatched into a shiny Elekid. Which is better than nothing I suppose, especially since the chance of getting a shiny was rather low in the international versions. On my second playthough, it hatched into a non-shiny Smoochum. I had planned to train this Smoochum and leave it unevolved as it gained better moves through level-up compared to Jynx, and I liked Smoochum better than Jynx (and I still do). But I never got around to training it since I just didn't have the motivation to do it.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On my last full playthrough of Crystal, I really wanted to get a shiny Magby or Smoochum from the Odd Egg to use on my team. So, I ended up hatching the egg and soft resetting many times. I remember hatching at least one shiny, an Igglybuff iirc.

I never got the shiny Magby/Smoochum I was looking for. Eventually, I was just so bored with soft resetting over and over that I gave up and saved after hatching a Tyrogue. Don't think I ever used that Tyrogue lol.

I also hatched the egg during my previous Crystal files, though I can't remember what I got at the moment.

Seachran

My first two files I didn't even know it could be a shiny and I got Tyrogue both times, so for years I thought that was all you could get.

The Odd Egg is something I missed in the remakes.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Since I have only played Crystal once,I remember that the Odd Egg hatched into a regular Cleffa.Later,I found out that the baby Pokemon had a chance to be shiny,but never really bothered with Crystal again because of low motivations.Too bad the Odd Egg wasn't in the remakes,though.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If I had known that the Pokemon inside the Odd Egg had a high chance of being Shiny, I would've SR'd it honestly. I was obsessed with Shinies in Gen 2, and a Shiny Igglybuff or Shiny Smoochum would've been cool to have.

grey wing

Johto League Champ
I got a non-shiny tyrogue, and I only trained it enough to get a hitmontop out of it. It wasn't until years later I realized I could of SR'd for a elekid or magby, which I would have liked for my team.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
First would be Magby.

I was lucky enough to get a Shiny Pichu, on follow up runs. Though to my dismay back then, it was female. Nothing of that sorts, just tried to keep all male Pokemons..

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I obtained a shiny Igglybuff once. Unfortunately a little sibling decided to sneak into my room and save over it back then and my Clefairy was gone.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Having recently decided to give Crystal another try,I obtained an Odd Egg that eventually hatched into a shiny Tyrogue.Despite this,I still didn't want to put it on my team,since I didn't really like using any of the Hitmons before the Physical/Special split was introduced.

Mike_

Just hatched a Shiny Pichu, it's now a Raichu.

NitroLightningFlash

When i first hatched the Odd Egg on Crystal; it was a Magby i think, it wasn't shiny and i didn't know until years later that it could be shiny or i would have soft-resetted. After i found out though, i replayed Crystal and got a shiny Pichu after like 20 soft resets, it may not of been the best possible shiny from it, but needed an electric type (no Mareep in this game ;-; ) so was happy nevertheless, too bad it didn't look much different from the normal Pichu though :p

Blazing Charmander

I've had a few shiny Pokemon hatch from the Odd Egg in various playthroughs of Crystal in the past. From memory i've hatched a shiny Igglybuff, Tyrogue and Cleffa, with only Igglybuff remaining to this day in the N64 Boxes on Stadium 2 (unless Cleffa which I trained into a Clefable is still on there). On my most recent playthrough a couple of years ago I hatched a regular Pichu, and i'm sure i've had a Smoochum hatch from the egg before as well.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I've never hatched a shiny from the Odd Egg. I've only ever gotten non-shinies, usually Tyrogue, for some reason.

Cool-K

I got a shiny Magby without having to soft reset. I was so thrilled!

Darrkvolt

I've played through new files of Crystal so many times, and I remember hatching a shiny almost every time without SRing. I know I've gotten Pichu and Igglybuff, and I'm pretty sure I got a Smoochum once as well. I didn't SR for a specific one or for it to be shiny though. My last playthrough of Crystal was years ago when I didn't know all that much about that egg besides what my paperback guidebook told me hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.