• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Offical NHL Thread!!!

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
After noticing an NFL thread i decided to make The Official NHL Thread!
Post anything about the NHL here!

to the Mods: If there already is an NHL thread then feel free to close it.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
No you guys, Edmonton will win the cup!

Hey how about that Kane incident huh? Pretty sad to see at what lengths a millionaire would go to just for 20 cents. But he's a superstar so it won't hurt his career at all.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
They got no chance this season. Boston 4 the Stanley Cup!
Obviously not, I hope they tank so they could get the highest pick possible to add depth to our prospect pool. Brett Connolly or John McFarland in the 2010 draft would be a wet dream.

No you guys, Edmonton will win the cup!

Hey how about that Kane incident huh? Pretty sad to see at what lengths a millionaire would go to just for 20 cents. But he's a superstar so it won't hurt his career at all.
Haha, the Oilers... :p

Patrick "20 cent" Kane lol

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Well, it's nice to see a thread here for the NHL. And I believe that the Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup. And before you call bandwagoning, I was a Capitals fan before Ovechkin.

And that whole Patrick Kane thing is ridiculous. I mean, 20 cents? Is it really such a big deal?

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
I reckon this year a Eastern team will win the Cup. Even though i'm a Bruins fan I'd rather have Washington/Carolina/Florida win then any team in the west.

And i know Florida will prob never win Stanley Cup cos they need a superstar and who've they got? Stillman, Horton, Vokoun although Vokoun is epic

Vernikova

Champion
The Rangers will win it this year! Okay, maybe not.

I'd like to see Detroit win another Stanley Cup if the Rangers or Islanders don't. Well, I'd hope for anyone who aren't named the Pittsburgh Penguins to win it.

Dewgonger

Im a Calgary Flames fan.

We are looking pretty good for next year, especially in the defensive end. Bouwmeester, Phaneuf, Regehr and Sarich is a pretty solid top 4 as well as Kipper's play in net.

We just need a another solid forward to round out our first line and were pretty set.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I've got to go with Carolina. We had a pretty good run last season until Pittsburgh whooped us (Sid deserved a cup anyway).

I'm glad we resigned LaRose but it is too bad that we lost Seidenberg(sp?). It was great to see Cole return last season as well.

I don't mind if we don't win the cup this year as long as none of the original four win coughdetroitcough

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
i think calgary did well with Bouwmeester from Florida which was a big loss for them, however they've got Bryan Mcabe so... Islanders i doubt will reach the playoffs although i could see the Rangers there specially with Marian Gaborik, thts my 20 cents get it?

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
i think calgary did well with Bouwmeester from Florida which was a big loss for them, however they've got Bryan Mcabe so... Islanders i doubt will reach the playoffs although i could see the Rangers there specially with Marian Gaborik, thts my 20 cents get it?
Calgary overpaid for J-Bo. But damn, I wanted this kid on the Leafs :(

LOL, McCabe... Bryan "turn over the puck in OT" McCabe was a product of Kaberle's insane PP skills. He's washed up.

Also, Rangers may not make the playoffs. Sure, they've got a stud goalie in Lundqvist, but they have one of the worst offenses in the league and Gaborik really won't do anything for them as hindisght tells me that he's going to be on the IR for half a season :p

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Washington has an interesting situation when it comes to the goal. Simeon Varlamov really just came on in the playoffs. But then, there's Michal Neuvirth who has looked really good in the minors as well. Of course, there's also Theodore, but really, the other two are going to end up being in goal for the Caps.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Washington has an interesting situation when it comes to the goal. Simeon Varlamov really just came on in the playoffs. But then, there's Michal Neuvirth who has looked really good in the minors as well. Of course, there's also Theodore, but really, the other two are going to end up being in goal for the Caps.
Theodore was smokin' towards the end of the season, but utterly failed against the Rangers.

I think the starting job on Washington is pretty much Varlamov's to lose.

Neuvrith won the Calder Cup for Hershey :p

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Who do we reckon will be this season MVP? Iginla, Ovechkin, Thornton or Kessel are my picks

Last edited:
Who do we reckon will be this season MVP? Iginla, Thornton or Kessel are my picks

You don't have A.O in your top three? It would be nice to see someone like Iginla win the Hart, but in the end I think Ovechkin will win it (again).

Brave of you to start an NHL-thread in August btw.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Theodore was smokin' towards the end of the season, but utterly failed against the Rangers.

I think the starting job on Washington is pretty much Varlamov's to lose.

Neuvrith won the Calder Cup for Hershey :p

I think Theodore's failure against the Rangers could cost him his job. With Varlamov and Neuvrith ready to go, he's going to have to do a heck of a lot to keep his job. The Caps could trade one of the two young goalies, but I don't think that would be a really good idea, especially if one of them gets hurt.