• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Offical NHL Thread!!!

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Who do we reckon will be this season MVP? Iginla, Thornton or Kessel are my picks
With the likes of Crosby, AO, Malkin and Datsyuk in the mix ( you can throw in Getzlaf as well, he's really emerging as a top player in the world), I highly doubt Thornton and to a lesser extent, Iginla, go anywhere near the Hart.

And wow, Kessel? Really? He's out till December. :p
I think Theodore's failure against the Rangers could cost him his job. With Varlamov and Neuvrith ready to go, he's going to have to do a heck of a lot to keep his job. The Caps could trade one of the two young goalies, but I don't think that would be a really good idea, especially if one of them gets hurt.
Yeah, trading either of em would be too smart. I remember way back when the Leafs had Rask and Pogge (who were both outstanding prospects at the time). We traded Rask for Raycroft (uggggh) and Pogge was recently dealt for a conditional draft pick.

tldr; it's better to be safe than sorry :p

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Yeah, trading either of em would be too smart. I remember way back when the Leafs had Rask and Pogge (who were both outstanding prospects at the time). We traded Rask for Raycroft (uggggh) and Pogge was recently dealt for a conditional draft pick.

tldr; it's better to be safe than sorry :p

You mean wouldn't, right?

Anyway, my MVP favorites are probably Ovechkin (no duh), Malkin (IMO, he's more important than Crosby to the Pens offense), and...hmm, not sure who else. I do like Divy's suggestion of Getzlaf. He emerged as a top talent last season. Datsyuk should again be in the mix as well.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
How come no-ones posted anything?

What about Danny Heatley STILL wants out of Ottawa? if you were a GM would you sign him?

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh yay an NHL thread.

I'm really hoping the Sharks do not trade Marleau. Unfortunately, we may have to for salary cap reasons. DW is waiting an awfully long time to make a move, though. He can't wait forever.

Just to change the subject, are any of you going to get NHL 10/NHL 2K10?
I'm defininetly getting NHL 10 for the 360 as soon as it comes out. I downloaded the demo and it looks awesome.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Oh yay an NHL thread.

I'm really hoping the Sharks do not trade Marleau. Unfortunately, we may have to for salary cap reasons. DW is waiting an awfully long time to make a move, though. He can't wait forever.

Just to change the subject, are any of you going to get NHL 10/NHL 2K10?
I'm defininetly getting NHL 10 for the 360 as soon as it comes out. I downloaded the demo and it looks awesome.
I'm sorry King Edwin, but I need you to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakiqCPKyFU&feature=channel_page

I think the Sharks should trade Marleau during the trade deadline and get a true playoff warrior. He already got stripped of the C and come playoffs, really seems to fade (same with Big Joe).

I'm getting NHL 10 too, Be a GM mode looks sick.

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
That video...was weird. I'm a pretty devoted Sharks fan but I would never bawl my eyes out over a loss, even if it was an embarrasing playoff loss.

Trading Marleau at the deadline seems like a good idea. His contract is expiring at the end of the season anyways. He does fade in the playoffs but almost everyone on the team does. I also think it may be time to let go of Nabby. He's getting older, he's not as good and consistent as he used to be, and he gives up way to many soft 5 hole goals.

IT's too bad the demo is so limiting in NHL 10, but form what the demo gives you it looks really awesome. I actually didn't play NHL 09 because I didn't have a 360 at the time. I only recently got my 360. I'm realy looking forward to Be a Pro because of the aformentioned me not playing NHL 09.