• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyvaughn

PleaseShineSuicune:[
okay i have a question ive been sring for moltres a loooong time and it hasent shown up yet any sugestions

Last edited:

John_pokemonsquare

Happy holidays!!!
okay i have a question ive been sring for moltres a loooong time and it hasent shown up yet any sugestions

I think you should have more patience and don´t give up. If you want so much this shiny, you have to give many efforts but if you don´t want it anymore, give chance to another ones like eevee, mewtwo and many more.

Now this is for all people here: What object should I put on select and start buttons for help me at SR? I don´t have lego heads T_T.
Mega luck for all!!^^

Last edited:

tyvaughn

PleaseShineSuicune:[
I think you should have more patience and don´t give up. If you want so much this shiny, you have to give many efforts but if you don´t want it anymore, give chance to another ones like eevee, mewtwo and many more.

Now this is for all people here: What object should I put on select and start buttons for help me at SR? I don´t have lego heads T_T.
Mega luck for all!!^^

okay thanks for the info

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I'm using 2 erasers(from some mechanical pencils I found lying around my room) to hold down the start-select buttons while I SR.

Did about 500 SR's for shiny Voltorb. I'll continue to SR for it tomorrow afternoon, hopefully it'll decide to shine. No shiny Charmander/Abra in FireRed, will also do some SR's for them tomorrow.

John_pokemonsquare

Happy holidays!!!
I'm using 2 erasers(from some mechanical pencils I found lying around my room) to hold down the start-select buttons while I SR.

Oww, so thank for the tip. I can´t put the rubber band correctly, so it´s giving me troubles.
I´ve done around 250 SRs to get a shiny Voltorb, but nothing happened. Mega luck for you S_D, for tyvaughn and for all!!^^

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
I use those balls little kids play games with, you know, at school breaks and after school.
It's that you have to put them into some kind of bowl in the groud and the winner gets the balls.

We call them "knikkers"
Picture =P

Anyways, did some more resets for Torchic, and evolved one of my Shiny Voltorb clones.
Too bad his name stays Voltorb (I changed it from Voltorbe to Voltorb in my French Sapphire, but recently restarted that game.

I thought calling it Voltorb and then transferring it to Emerald would make it's name change to Electrode -_-"

shinyelectrode1wz2.png

shinyelectrode12dc7.png

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hello everyone. This time next month I won't be here; I'll be off on holiday (or at least, going along the road on the way to holiday. Six hours in a car in the August heat... yay. @_@ )

Yesterday it marked a year since I encountered and KO'ed a random shiny Carvanha in Sapphire, my first ever random shiny encounter. I wish I'd remembered yesterday, since I would have gone hunting for another one.

Oh well, still SR'ing for my shiny Mewtwo. And hunting for random shinies as I make my way through Sapphire and level-up my "False swipe" Breloom in Ruby.

Good luck guys.

Nice pics Pokerealm,
i havent been SRing very much lately
but when i start SRing again hopefully one of my targets will feel sorry for me and shine quickly when i SR again..

congrats to all new shinies

good luck everyone :)

twilightstories

**Twilight**
Great news guys, I caught a shiny Magikarp!

So I was doing a heck of a lot of fishing in my Firered to try and find a Magikarp with decent stats (har har ... that is SUCH an oxymoron) and an Adamant nature, when lo and behold a GOLDEN MAGIKARP appears. Well, I put that puppy ... err, fish to sleep right away and hurled a Pokeball at it, and he was mine!

It has a Mild Nature which is ... erm, not exactly what I was going for, but hey, I think it might still make a decent physical sweeper :) .

I can't really get an accurate representation of its IVs 'cause it's only Level 5, but here's an idea anyways:

HP: 0-19
Attack:0-19
Defence: 0 - 29
Special Attack: 10-29
Special Defense: 0-19
Speed: 20-31

Dunno if they're great or not, and frankly, don't really care, 'cause I'm gonna have one hardcore red Gyarados soon!

I'm gonna name it Eldes, after the red bodyguard in Pokemon XD. He's my favourite character *huggles Eldes*.

Oh, and those are some really cool pics Pokerealm, and have a good holiday Heliotrope.

*zooms off dancing*

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
Congrats on the Magikarp! Red Gyarados is very cool indeed.

I'm still Sr-ing for a shiny Regice. I've been busy so it's been going soon. I'm very close to hitting 8000 SR's. I'm going to try and SR like crazy tonight.

John_pokemonsquare

Happy holidays!!!
Yuhhuu! One more shiny! Well done twilightstories! My next target will me magikarp too.

Oh my, nothing of shiny voltorb. 454 SRs and piff, didn´t shine. But I will never give up.

Mega luck for all!!^^

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Heh seems like people enjoyed my report :p. Sorry I forgot you ScorpionX, I swear I thought I included you, but I guess I must've accidently cut your name as I deleted a couple names of people that got a shiny that I had originally included, but I cut since they only posted once in the thread and left. Yeah this is what boredom produces lol. And resident evil was definitely my inspiration (HUGE fan of the series). Now I hope the "Virus" can mutate to overcome immunities :p....

BTW congrats to all the infected on their shinies!

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Back to my secret shiny breeding project again today. I am still looking for one with a certain nature, but I haven't gotten a female one with it yet. I am now working on my 4th box, would have been 6th if I didn't accidentally turn my DS off :p.

I'll also work on SRing for shiny Charmander in FireRed, I'd really like for it to show up soon. Come to me shiny Charmander/secret target. Congrats to new shinies :D.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Still SR;ing away for shiny Mewtwo in FR/LG. It would be nice if it showed up before the end of the month; but since there's less than two hours of it remaining, I doubt it will.

I hope this August will be good. Last year's was probably the worst of my life...

im going to SR for some of my numerous targets now.. it has been a while since i last SR'd, i hope one of them decides to shine..

good luck everyone

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
SRing for Torchic as I type.

Happy August Hunting everyone =D

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
ok i am sr for my first shiny legend hopefully not the last....in ruby....
ive ben sr for only day for shiny groudoun..im hoping to get it before school starts and before my foot ball season starts

Ammako

I've recently tossed all my items and released all my Pokémon in Fire-Red except the ones I'm gonna trade over to Emerald before restarting Fire-Red.

I'm gonna pick Squirtle in Fire-Red to get Raikou, along with Helix fossil and Hitmonlee, wich will be traded over to Emerald before restarting again to SR for shiny Bulbasaur.

Right now, I'm SRing for Mudkip in Ruby because I don't feel like restarting Emerald to SR (And SRing for a starter in Ruby is much faster than in Emerald, and Lego heads helps :D)

Mega luck for all!!^^

I have two rubberbands over a dime on my gba...
Well, SRing since april and mudkip still won't show up.
I saw a shiny zigzagoon welll I was SRing though... >.>
For some reason it really didn't bother me.
EDIT: 6,000+ sr's.

Last edited:
i Sr'd some more for Torchic
later i will SR for Rayquaza
chaining seems to be the only way i get shinies now.. :(

good luck everyone..

Status
Not open for further replies.