• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

{VR}Trojan
I caught a shiny dugtrio in my fire red and then the next day I caught a shiny zubat in icefall cave and in my emerald I caught a shiny tentacool while surfing and a shiny ditto in the desert underpass.WOW! shiny ditto can change into the pokemons shiny form.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Hmm, the shiny thread has seemed kind of lifeless in the past few days...

Anyway; I continue to SR for shiny Mewtwo. And I've also started hunting for a shiny Numel (I have no idea how many I'm up to - Numel and Spinda are the Pokemon I battle when I go sp.att EV-training, so I've probably already encountered thousands of them).

Good luck everyone. Well done to new shinies.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
I'm happy to say I got my Ruby version back yesterday, the friend who borrowed it got home from his vacation ^^

Now I'm able to SR for Groudon again =)

He bought FR a few days before he left and the next day he caught a Shiny Diglett oO
Seems like new FR/LG games are lucky as my brother found an Adamant Shiny Mankey the very first day he had LG.

I get a Shiny Diglett today, but I first have to clone it =)
Going to start SRing for Groudon now, did 16 hours of SRing before I lend Ruby out.

Good luck everyone.

EDIT: I might restart Ruby to reset for Tochic on there first, as my Sapphire keeps telling me the internal battery has run dry.

EDIT2: Done, I resetted for a nice looking ID No. and it's 00693 =)

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Started up my Charmander resets again in FireRed 2. I changed the ID and stuck with 00800, which I thought was pretty cool.

Spent some time yesterday SRing for shiny Kabuto in LeafGreen as well. I'm around 1800 SR's for it, hoping it'll show up in less than 3000 SR's. Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Ammako

Helio: People must've been busy SRing.

Pokerealm: I found a shiny Weedle at around 40 minutes of game in FR.

Seems like new FR/LG games are lucky as my brother found an Adamant Shiny Mankey the very first day he had LG.
I found the majority of my random encounter shinies in LG, and a shiny adamant dodrio my second time in the safari zone :p they are lucky, I swear.

OMGitscake

Kyuu uuhn.
I just got my third SR shiny, Mudkip!
got it somewhere between 800 and 1000 resets, making it my longest hunt so far. (i got really lucky with my other two..)
Its female and docile natured :D
now i just have to think of a good name..

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Congratulations on your new shiny.

I haven't shiny hunted since my last post here, whenever that was...

Good luck, everyone.

flygon54

i reset my sapphire version and now i really want to find a shiny, hoping a trapinch or a zubat:)

Ammako

What stinks is when people get the shiny we're currently hunting for in no time at all while we take 107 years to find it.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Still beating the hell out of hundreds of non-shiny Numel (not to mention Machop... I'll be kind of annoyed if a shiny Machop shows up instead of Numel).

My "false-swiping" Breloom is up to lv76. I hope I encounter a shiny Numel before it hits lv100.

Good luck everyone.

Jimboman

<- Latest Shiny
When I finished EV training shiny Kyogre and transfered it to Firered to train it in Ceruleam Cave, a shiny pops up. I couldn't believe it, because it's the best shiny ever. =DDDDD
It was one of my targets back in time, but I ended up giving it up, fortunately it came back.

ShinyDitto1.jpg

Closer Look
Stats

Oh, I haven't been posting here these days because I like to post when I get shinies.Thanks everyone who congratulated me on my shiny Registeel and congrats on everyone's new shinies. :)

Good luck, everyone.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Congrats on the Shiny Ditto =D

It remembers me to when I got mine in Emerald ^^

tonyg44x

Poke-Ballin'
if this doesnt go here im sorry but...

i've ben sring for shiny groudoun for a bit and im bored with it is it bad to switch pokemon sring

i was thinking i would switch and go for shiny registeel?

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Buying Abra again in FireRed, in hopes of getting a second shiny one. I got one in LeafGreen, but I'm going to evolve this new one(when I get it) if it has better IV's into an Alakazam.

Also spent some of today SRing for shiny Kabuto and hatching eggs for my secret shiny target. Had to release 7 boxes of eggs today, took about 15 minutes to release the bad ones(had to check all of them with the IV guy ><). Hoping something shines soon before I leave to go on vacation. Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Looks I'm back to hunt for shiny Rayquaza once more. I'm up to 3,850 SRs done. I'd like to get this one to shine by schools starts, which in under 3 weeks. Good luck, everyone!

i am SRingfor Rayquaza as i type, im up to 719 SR's
i hope to SR for it alot today :)

hopefully it will SHINE
congrats to all new shinies
Jimboman, YOU ARE SOOO LUCKY!
so many shinys in a small amount of time

good luck everyone :)

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
@jimboman, I don't mean to cast aspersions, and my eyesight may be playing tricks on me, but in the closer look picture of your shiny ditto, i swear it says the level of that ditto is 44, or at least starts with a 4, but in your stats picture it says it was caught at level 52.

Either way the level of the two dittos definitely looks different, that much i can tell, as the two numbers dont even look alike.

Can anyone else see what i'm seeing or is it just my eyesight?

Encounter level:

1.jpg

Capture level:

2-1.jpg

EDIT: nvm, retract my statement, the levels do both look like the number 58

Last edited:
@jimboman, I don't mean to cast aspersions, and my eyesight may be playing tricks on me, but in the closer look picture of your shiny ditto, i swear it says the level of that ditto is 44, or at least starts with a 4, but in your stats picture it says it was caught at level 52.

Either way the level of the two dittos is definitely different, that much i can tell, as the two numbers dont even look alike.

Can anyone else see what i'm seeing or is it just my eyesight?

Encounter level:

1.jpg

Capture level:

2-1.jpg

i can't really tell if they are different to be honest
they are too blurry, but the blurryness is a bit different

Status
Not open for further replies.