1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Shining Mew, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkParukia

DarkParukia Dragon Lord

someone help me find a shiny

2. how can we help you?(sorry)but it depends on your luck nothing will change that unless you get a AR or GS

3. DarkParukia

DarkParukia Dragon Lord

hey sorry i just freaked out because everyone else here has the luck to find a shiny except me

4. Charmy_Charm

Charmy_Charm greenking :D

When you first use your started pokemon against the Ziggy in Emerald, if your starter is shiny, it'll come out shiny right, or do you have to check on it's status? Cause I have SRed about 200 today and yesterday and still no Torchic

5. thatas not a lot of soft resets look at demonic he does a lot well itll come out shiny in the battle with the ziggy hope i helpwed ^_^

6. Charmy_Charm

Charmy_Charm greenking :D

okay, I know it takes a long time, but I thought I had to look at the stats, cause when it comes out of the pokeball and it's not shiny, I just reset it, so, I'm releaved, you helped alot, thanks :)

7. DarkParukia

DarkParukia Dragon Lord

thanks but i dont want to take anyone else's i would just feel better knowing that i caught it for myself no offense

8. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

So why were the old threads deleted?

In Em, I'll be hatching for a shiny Treecko and SRing for a shinY Ray and Beldum after I beat the E4. Those aren't my only targets on Em, just the one I'm determined to get. On Ruby, I'm SRing for Latios(having no Eon Ticket sucks, especially when I used to have one :() and in FR, I'm going to SR for Moltres and Mewtwo after I beat the E4... but I'll be SRing for a secret pokemon really soon ;)

9. Icicle

Icicle Well-Known Member

I currently don't have any shinies.. but I'm SRing for a shiny Mudkip on Ruby, this could take a while o_o; *really wants a shiny*

10. sorry to bum you out but unless your will to reset you game entirely to get a shiny latios then you wont get it because you dont have an eon ticket :( its preset at the beginning of the game

11. Expert Evan

Expert Evan Old Fogey

I now have a 7th shiny pokemon as I was able to clone magby in emerald and evolve it into magmar. I shall soon update the image in my signature.

Edit: signature is now updated.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  12. Arena Tycoon Slaking

Arena Tycoon Slaking Well-Known Member

I Might start Trying to get A Shiny Swampert and Latios Soon On Ruby and Emerald

13. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

It's values are set when you watch the television broadcast abou them, after you beat the E4. I've tested it, and I've confirmed it to be true. The first time I saw Latios, I caught it, and it was Sassy, then I soft reset(I had saved right before I watched the TV), and the second time I caught it, Latios was Rash. No worries for me, except for the monumental amount of time it takes just to do one soft reset.

14. Dragonking

Dragonking Well-Known Member

The others were integrated together into one thread and problems occured, so The mod just decided to start a new universal 3rd gen. shiny thread.

Here's proof of my latias capture as well as my others shinies, I added Aggron but have not taken a pic of Magneton yet.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5205/shinygroupbz1.jpg

15. Cain

Cain RAWR

Seeing as the R/S/E discussion is gone'd, I'll tell everyone here what I'm doing! 8D

I'm on Route 114, riding a bike and growing berries, hoping to find a Shiny. Hopefully a Seviper, but I'll be happy with anything at all.

16. Dragonking

Dragonking Well-Known Member

Me too anything will do, since I got Latias I'm going for brother Latios in Emerald also on Southern Island.

Yay, Johto Champ.

17. chorusco

chorusco Well-Known Member

I still have no Shiny Bagon. I really hope i'll get one soon.

18. superjolteon

superjolteon TEH-MEH!!!

Well I think I've lost the bet of Demonic finding his shiny treecko by Wednesday goddamnit! Unless secretly he is over estactic and has found one but not yet informed us if hes found one yet.

Hey Chorusco. R u hatching for a shiny bagon? Good luck to yas anyways. Bagon looks sweet as a shiny form. Once into a Salamence though, it will look even sweeter!

19. matrix_Logic

matrix_Logic Nothing of interest.

Right now I'm hatching/Sring/encountering the shinies that I am looking for. I think I have around 40 shinies. Right now I am looking for a shiny Charmander, Abra, and Yanma. I may start to look for a Bulbasaur.
    I plan to evolve my charmander into a charmeleon when I get it.
    My Abra into a Alakazam.
    And the rest I will keep the same.
    I have been searching for a while and I am starting to get bored.

20. chinzozak

chinzozak The Wingull Abides

caught a shiny marill pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.