• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
I was going to ask what you meant, but I think I just got it... I'll keep it a secret if you want me to, but as soon as I'm done training a Pokémon on my LG, I think I'm going to use what I think is your method to race you for Onix. You have no idea how happy it would make me to get it before you. :p

Heh I didn't say it right out just to see if people could figure it out for themselves. If you have, that'd be a revenge equal to when you got Latias before CC after only one day :eek: Lol imagine you getting onix before me, using MY method for hunting it xD You can post the method if you want, I don't mind a race :)

OK so i've been working on a site (its still being worked on XP ) and a forum where all shiny hunters from all diffrent forums can go and meet and become one huge Shiny Community . Even tho it's Still a work in progress please visit the site http://www.freewebs.com/shinyhunter/index.htm

AND please also visit the sites forum http://p071.ezboard.com/bshinyinn

I already have the shiny-dex up and soon I will have a Shiny faq , Art page (where hopefully some of you active members will lend some of your art :) ) , a Member Page (where Active members will be listed along with what Shiny pkmn they have caught and any trophies they have won from contest ) , a Contest page ( there is a contest section in the forum where you can get the details and enter the contest for the month :) as more ppl join we will hold multiple contests at once and shiny circuits that you hunters love ever so much . also every race and circuit winner will recieve a trophy they can post in their sigs and will be put in their section of the member page on the site ) , last but not least there will be a hall of fame page Added where hunters will be recorded for many diffrent Shiny accomplishments ( such as Most fire type shiny pokemon collected , completing the unknown collection , having all the baby pokemon Shiny Etc Etc . )

Hopefully lots of you will come visit and make one huge ACTIVE community of shiny hunters and pokemon fans Alike plz feel free to post and give me your opinions :)

That seems pretty nice, I might join too :) Currently I'm still hunting onix and alternating between grimer and aron. Gonna start hunting Zapdos on my LG today too. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I hope you realize, once you get the egg from the daycare guy, its stats are set in stone. This includes gender, nature, IVs, and shinyness. The same egg will never be different. You are only wasting your time. It's a common mistake, I've seen it many times. Don't worry, you're not the only one to try that.

Yeah, but the way he said it "Take the same egg repeatedly, and SR when not shiny", implies to me that he saves in front of the day-care guy, takes the egg and then runs around until it hatches.

If it's shiny = ^_^
If it's not = >_< (resets, takes the egg again, and repeats until it hatches).

The only things that are set in stone once you save in front of the day-care guy are the Pokemon's gender and ability. Its nature, IV's and shininess are only set once you actually take the egg.

Canis Lupus

Meh. Staying home from school today. Well, no Vulpix, but I'm training up an Octillery. (Adamant nature, I'm gonna use him in DP)

Well, good luck to all hunts.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Still no shines on my FR. I'm almost ready for the E4. I'll be able to go to the rest of the islands, and really start going for Dratini. (I want to breed dragon dance on it)

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
Still no Gligar. My cousin called me last night to tell me he is going to stop playing Pokemon, so he is giving me his shiny Vulpix, Abra, and Sableye.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
That's cool of him, some people would just sell it back to the game store with their whole game on it.

Still no shines during my training. :(

lego_man99

Hunting Shiny Zubat
Never seen any shinys so far and ive played all pokemon games :( hopefully get lucky soon

Poke-Hippie

Peace to Pokemon
no shiny trapinch yet man i want shiny flygon so bad!!!! ive started playing emerald and currently in mossdeep, but start hatching eggs soon again for that trapinch.

good on finding yours poke.

mmm Torkoal looks cool shiny

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
No 2nd shiny for me yet. But I'm still searching!

My current shiny hunts:

Ruby 1: Latias
Ruby 2: Torchic
Leaf Green: Abra
Sapphire: Eevee
Emerald: Magnemite

I hope I find one of them soon. U_U

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
Hatched some eggs before class today and there was no shiny Gligar. Cousin called again to tell me he'll trade his shinies to me at the end of the month.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
i've been focusing on ev training as of late, so my targets are as follows

whismur, spinda, aron & lotad, hopefully i'll have some luck and find at least one

Yaghz

OMG ! ! ! ! I was training my Pichu that I just hatched and I chanced upon a shiny lvl34 tentacool, my first shiny ever ! I'm so scared !

EDIT: I JUST SNAGGED HIM IN A GREAT BALL ! ! !

Last edited:

Canis Lupus

^Good Job on the shiny Tentacool! RedGyrados, Your cousin is trading you a Shiny Vulpix? Lucky! That's what I'm hunting for right now.

Anywho, no Vulpix.

RedGyarados

Finally Mine!
RedGyrados, Your cousin is trading you a Shiny Vulpix? Lucky! That's what I'm hunting for right now.

Anywho, no Vulpix.

He caught it in January and now decided to quit playing so he's trading me his shinies and then selling all his Pokemon games at EB Games. Hope you get one soon.

Still no Gligar.

Wynaut?

I've been hunting AND hatching for a shiny Vulpix. :( Lucky...

Whilst at the same time, soft-resetting for a Sudowoodo or Beldum.

Status
Not open for further replies.