• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm EV-training my shiny Kyogre in HP by battling Marill. I'm hoping a shiny Marill might appear in the process.

I'm not keeping count of the Marill, since I must have battled thousands of them already as I always use them for HP training.

EDIT: Didn't find a shiny Marill. Have moved on to Sp.att training - battling Spinda and Numel.

Last edited:
Emerald: Called EMERALD, but then I can clone it and give everyone NICE SURPRISE if it turns out good.
Pearl: Nah. Called PEARL on there, not really good.
Diamond: Called *withholds real name* but hunting for Giratina on there.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
FuFu, could you explain to me why saving every so often make any difference in shiny hunting? cause i can't see how it would make a difference.
In FR/LG/R/S, not in Emerald, saving the game forces it to get a new seed for the RNG. Your basically just randomizing your "deck of cards" everytime you save.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
.............So ya how about those SR's for shiny bulbasuar, is everyone doing well on them? Or did someone get it already, which I will be exstremly mad if someone did.

ScorpionX

820 eggs so far
.............So ya how about those SR's for shiny bulbasuar, is everyone doing well on them? Or did someone get it already, which I will be exstremly mad if someone did.

I don't think anyone got it yet S.H.L, me included.

Thanks fufu, but how come it's not in emerald?

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Because Emerald seeds differently than R/S/FR/LG. Remember, it seeds based on how long it's been since you soft reset/turned on the Emerald version.

Like I thought, the urge to get a shiny Squirtle was only temporary. I'm back to SRing for Bulbasaur on LG as well as on FR.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I've reached the 5000 mark for SR's for shiny Bulbasaur, I knew I wouldn't get it under 5000 SR's like I wanted to. I'm hoping to get it soon, I need more 3rd gen shinies. Out of all of my shiny Pokemon, only shiny Wingull, Charmander and Rayquaza are from third gen, the rest are from 4th gen.

At this point, I don't care if Bulbasaur has a horrible nature and stats. Shine for me Bulbasaur, SHINE.

Anaya

Synthesis
So I have been thinking that I want a shiny Ho-Oh and Lugia. So I was thinking of using a Gameshark to warp to those islands on Fire Red. But on Ruby, I'm not sure what starter I should SR for. Any suggestions?

Edit: On LG, I have decided to join the race in SRing for shiny Bulbasaur. ^_^.

Tyranidos

So I have been thinking that I want a shiny Ho-Oh and Lugia. So I was thinking of using a Gameshark to warp to those islands on Fire Red. But on Ruby, I'm not sure what starter I should SR for. Any suggestions?

Edit: On LG, I have decided to join the race in SRing for shiny Bulbasaur. ^_^.

SR for Treecko, it looks the best.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm planning on breeding for a shiny Treecko (since I want one with Leech Seed) but I'm not sure what game to breed it in.

If I breed for it in 3rd gen I can't get the Leech Seed/Crunch combo. But if I breed it in 4th gen I can't teach it Thunder Punch.

If only it could breed with Smeargle; it would make the whole thing o much easier.

No shiny Bulbasaur yet.

No shiny Moltres yet, either. I've been hunting shiny Moltres since the 7th March, so I hope that it turns up at some point this year... >_>

Good luck, everyone.

Do RNG Clones affect Egg Hatching in Emerald?

i have a question, on my emerald i am trying to get a shiny torchic, will it appear at the little picture, or just in battle. who has a shiny torchic??

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Back to SRing for shiny Bulbasaur, who will never be shiny. Total SR's so far is 5500 SR's, I should be at 6000 by the end of tonight or tomorrow.

SHINE, Bulbasaur, SHINE. *nothing happens*

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
Now that I got a bunch of shiny duskull I'm going to start hunting for bulbasaur almost full time. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.