• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
SD, don't you think 18 days is a bit soon to think about giving up? I mean, it's not even three weeks yet! :p

Soft reset for Bulbasaur on FR since that's really where I want to get it. I have a total of 36 days of which I've soft reset for Bulbasaur on FR. I haven't been SRing for Bulbasaur on LG much.

Last edited:

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Hey Guys guess what!...............I didnt get shiny bulbasaur yet. But I am getting higher on my SR's which means that I need to change my Profile option.
How everyone one their SR's?

Shiny Fufu how long has it been now for bulbasaur? lol Gl to everyone.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Heliotrope, don't you think 18 days is a bit soon to think about giving up? I mean, it's not even three weeks yet!

I think you meant Storm Dragoon. :p

No new shinies. Did a few SR for Bulbasaur. I think I'll keep going until I find either a shiny one or a Modest female one. Let's see what shows up first.

I really want my shiny Moltres. I started hunting for it before I had any shinies at all (so that's just over eight months).

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Well I did say I was giving it until the end of the month. SRing for shiny Bulbasaur, of course, managed to get a few SR's in for shiny Treecko, its just not a priority for me right now. Did a few SR's for shiny Mewtwo as well, not many though, probably only 20 or so.

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
I think you meant Storm Dragoon. :p

No new shinies. Did a few SR for Bulbasaur. I think I'll keep going until I find either a shiny one or a Modest female one. Let's see what shows up first.

This is funny. I was once SRing for shiny treecko for a month. I decided to give up and SR for a female treecko since I didn't have any dittos. A shiny male popped up on my first SR after I decided to give up. Convinient isn't it?

Shiny bulbasaur SRs: 550

I only got fifty in yesterday.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Oh, lol. I just turned on Fire Red and the first thing to appear was a Modest female Bulbasaur. Sadly not a shiny one. But I've decided t keep it. ^^;

I think I'm going to try and get a shiny Scyther from the GC when I get to it; they're a FR exclusive, aren't they?

My FR ID number has tripple 7's in it, so I hope it'll be lucky and bring me a shiny Moltres at last.

Good hunting, everyone.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I have a lot of h/w to do today (including stuff that's not exactly h/w but must be completed anyways, thanks to my parents :(), so I'm not sure how much hunting I'll get in... I already did about 150 soft resets for Bulbasaur today, and I'm hoping that I will be able to finish my work quickly. I doubt it, though, I'm just typing a whole bunch of essays. I can't wait until Thanksgiving Break, lol.

Edit: Yes, Heliotrope, Scyther is exclusive to FR.

Great Bulbasaur Race Participants:

VenomX
tyranidos
dragonzrule
Storm Dragoon
mrrrrrr kennedy
Dark_Steelix
ShinyFufu
~*OliverTwist*~
November Raine
kill and run

Am I forgetting anyone?

Edit2: Correction, it's been 10 months and 2 weeks, S.H.L

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
SRing for shiny Bulbasaur all night, as well as tomorrow. I'm hoping to get a shiny one soon, I am now at 9000 SR's from all day. I have a feeling that I will get it soon, I hope.

Tyranidos

OFMG!!! I just painfully turned down a female Modest Bulbasaur with 21 HP points instead of the usual 20. I'm so sad :(. Anyway, got around 320 SRs.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Just changed my ID on my sapphire and got 00044. Pretty interesting ID. I hope I get Mudkip soon because all of a sudden I really want to go after Kyogre.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
OFMG!!! I just painfully turned down a female Modest Bulbasaur with 21 HP points instead of the usual 20. I'm so sad :(. Anyway, got around 320 SRs.
Sorry to hear that, but Modest isn't even that great for Bulbasaur. Calm, Bold, and even Relaxed or Sassy would have been much better.

*recalls the amount of Calm Bulbasaur with perfect HP and SDef that were SR'd over*

Okay, that's it. Bulbasaur needs to shine. NAO.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Changed my ID in FR earlier than I was going to, my ID is now 55833. I'm going to try and get 2 more hours of SRing in before I go to sleep. I'll wake up early tomorrow and get a lot of SR's in, don't have to work.

Congrats to new shinies everyone, please let Bulbasaur shine for me.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Hm, I've had the ID 53333 on my FireRed for quite some time now. Should I change it?

I won't change my ID on LG anytime soon because I haven't really soft reset on it much. But that will change soon.

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Hm, I've had the ID 53333 on my Emerald for quite some time now. Should I change it?

I won't change my ID on LG anytime soon because I haven't really soft reset on it much. But that will change soon.

I'd keep it, seems like it will be a very good number.

Shiny Mewtwo will be put on hold until I get shiny Bulbasaur. Treecko is put on hold as well.

Anaya

Synthesis
I SR 23 more times. And I also changed my ID at SR # 117. Oddly and amazingly the ID# is 49999. I think that may be lucky! Lol. More updates tomorrow.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
I SRed alittle for bulbasaur today but I still think that it is unexceptable to only have like 2 hour of SRing for a day, thats like only 240 Softresets. Not good enough.

Heliotrope good luck on your moltres I hope you get it you make me miss my shiny articuno. I may just hunt for it once I get this shiny Bulbasaur.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Day 18 of my quest for shiny Bulbasaur, my total Sr count from last night and the ones this morning is 9400 SR's. I'm going to be SRing for it all day today. I'm hoping that it will show up under 10000 SR's but I don't think so.

SHINE, for me today Bulbasaur, please! Congrats to any new shinies.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
I probably have about 7000 + Sr's for shiny bulbasaur but still no sighn of it good luck to all others.

Status
Not open for further replies.