1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Shining Mew, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilit Dragoon

Twilit Dragoon *omnious thunderstorm*

I'd join the shiny Charmander race, but I already have one :p.

I'm SRing for shiny Bulbasaur again in FR, I might start over LG and double hunt for shiny Bulbasaur, but I don't think I should. I'm hoping that shiny Bulbasaur will pop up soon, I want to at least get 1 SR'd shiny in November, only 5 days left.

Congrats to new shinies everyone. I haven't had any 3rd gen shinies since October 31st, when I got shiny Rayquaza.

2. entay

entay !Yo te quiero!

Hey guys! I dont know if you all remember me. The only people i remember seeing are shinyfufu, dark steelix, Mr Kenedy, ampharos spark, and storm dragoon but anyways i turned on my ds for the first time today since july 22 =\. i just stopped playing i guess i lost intrest. but anyways i was bored today and went to check serebii for the first time in awhile. it got me the urge to get some shinies =) so right now im sring for bulba and chimchar on pearl and leafgreen simultaneously. and this is probably a noob question but i couldnt remember; does the id effect your shiny chances? thanks in advance. and BTW shinyfufu, HUGE congratz on latias. you deserved her. good luck everyone.

3. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

entay! You're back, I remember you! We were racing for a shiny Latias quite a while ago. Are you still hunting for it? Good luck with Bulbasaur and Chimchar!

I'm almost at Celadon City. I should be able to soft reset for Eevee by the end of today! Wish me luck.

4. Anaya

Anaya Synthesis

I'm probably really late, but the site is being too slow to look back on previous pages. But congrats on the shiny Bulbasaur ShinyFufu!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  5. entay

entay !Yo te quiero!

Hey fufu glad you remembered me! =) Yeah i'll be going for latias later. My main target is bulba because everyone's getting him and hes just so sweet. good luck with evee and good luck everyone else!

6. Anaya

Anaya Synthesis

I SRed more today for shiny Bulbasaur. No luck yet. I want it to be the first shiny I get on my own.

7. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

I'm finally able to soft reset for a shiny Lapras! I basically sped through the game to get to it, and as a result, everything besides my shiny Bulbasaur is a bit under levelled. I'm hoping to get it quickly since I spent all that time hunting it last year/early this year.

On LG, I will be SRing for Squirtle. Since I'm done playing through FR for possibly a long time, I'll be able to focus more attention on it. Hopefully it won't take as long as Bulbasaur to be shiny. ;)

Good luck, everyone.

8. Heliotrope

Heliotrope it shone! ^_^

I'm doing some more SR'ing for shiny Torchic in Ruby. I'd like to get it at some point this year.

I change ID's quite often. My current one is 33342.

Good luck, everyone. ^-^

9. Twilit Dragoon

SRing for shiny Bulbasaur again this morning, I have until 1 p.m. to SR for it. I'm hoping thay it'll pop up, I really want a SR'd shiny soon. Stopped SRing at 20300 yesterday, going to probably get to 21000 before I leave.

Haven't SR'd for shiny Treecko in ages, I might switch back to Torchic, seeing as half the time I don't pay attention and click on Torchic instead -_-.

EDIT: Welcome back entay :).

10. Tyranidos

Tyranidos Well-Known Member

So I was SRing for Shiny Rayquaza on Emerald, but then I lowered its HP to less than half but still yellow. I thought it would be fun if I tried to catch it in a Timer Ball, so then I threw it and it *clicked* and I decided to move on after that :/. SO NO SHINY RAYQUAZA!!

11. Jolteh

Jolteh The one and only.

I've spent about 3 hours SR'ing last night. No shiny. :/
    I've also changed my ID No.; it's 30069 now. :3

Good luck everyone~

12. seeker85

seeker85 Well-Known Member

so what does changing id # do? better odds?

13. seeker85

so what does changing id # do? better odds?

14. Tyranidos

Tyranidos Well-Known Member

Omigawd! Double post :eek:! It doesn't do anything, but people like to because they are superstitious.

15. seeker85

yeah the double post was a slip of the click finger My b

16. Twilit Dragoon

Changed my ID in FR, it is now 05359, I'm thinking I had the exact same ID before. SR count for shiny Bulbasaur is now around 21000 SR's. I will get a few more in, and continue tonight.

17. seeker85

should i evolve a shiny treecko or keep it the way it is with an everstone?

18. Ampharos_Spark

Ampharos_Spark Gen 6 = <3

Congrats on the Bulbasaur! So do you want to race for Lapras?

19. micrec

micrec Well-Known Member

I really want the pokemon that I'm looking for but it's so boring and dismotivating...
    I hunted for ;322; just for 5 min. because I was sleepy and got bored...

20. entay

entay !Yo te quiero!

Hey thanks storm dragoon! and congratz AS on groudon im not sure when you got it but i knew you were hunting for it when i stopped. At about 400 for bulbasaur. good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.