• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
VenomX - Took me 2550 SR's to get shiny Rayquaza.

SRing for shiny Bulbasaur in both FR and LG, I'm not going to get it within the next 40 minutes, so I'll aim for the first week in December. I know I will get one eventually, I'm getting a bit impatient. SR count for shiny Bulbasaur is 27900 SR's combined, shine for me Bulbasaur.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I was sitting down on my bed. Dropped my DS, the game crashed, making odd glitch sounds, and when I switched it back on

''The save file has been deleted...''

Tried the file glitch fix I've done twice and saved my Sapphire's Shiny Crobats butt, however this time it didn't work...

Oh well. Back to five again.

While I'm making a new file, should I SR for a shiny starter, or just go on w. the game?

Good Luck to everyone here.

Yeah, I agree with Venom. Go for a shiny starter.

I've been SRing for only shiny Lapras. I haven't been hunting for Squirtle because I don't want to get stuck in a similar situation as I am with my Bulbasaur. So I'm trying to get through FR first, meaning that I'll have to get shiny Lapras (and eventually Moltres) first.

Wish me luck. Good luck to everyone else!

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Are you sure you don't mean dusclops?

1,600 resets for rayquaza, nothing yet dammit.

Anyone with a shiny rayquaza, how many resets did it take you to get yours?

It took me 3,218 SRs until I got my shiny Rayquaza.

Yeah, I agree with Venom. Go for a shiny starter.

I've been SRing for only shiny Lapras. I haven't been hunting for Squirtle because I don't want to get stuck in a similar situation as I am with my Bulbasaur. So I'm trying to get through FR first, meaning that I'll have to get shiny Lapras (and eventually Moltres) first.

Wish me luck. Good luck to everyone else!

Good luck ShinyFufu! The Lapras race continues. I was also wondering what is the best nature for Lapras? I was thinking Bold but I am not sure. Anyway I have only done about 300-500 SRs for Lapras so far.

Ouch DT157 that stinks. When you get up to Moltres again I wish you luck on it. Hopefully it will have a better nature than mine.

Last edited:

Anaya

Synthesis
Oh God. Can't believe this has happened.

My FireRed file has gone and deleted itself when I dropped my DS with it in. My Shiny Moltres. GONE.

I've dropped my games a million times before...why then when I had a Lv87 Shiny EV'd Mixtres eh? Lifes just not fair...

Another shiny had better show up...compensate for my pink fire eagle getting mashed up in cyberspace.

Good Luck to all shiny hunters here.

Oh man. That really sucks. :(. Yeah I would just go for a shiny starter. I recommend Bulbasaur. :p.

entay

!Yo te quiero!
VenomX i was very very lucky with my 4 shinys(obtained from 3rd gen. radared ones dont really count). my rayquaza only took about 400. my charmander took about 9 eggs lol which i was hatching for a friend not even trying to a shiny. and my mew, which the ticket was hacked i believe but i still count it as legit because i sred for it, took the longest at about 2000 srs(i cant remember how hard dratini was for me). as you can all see im very lucky with my shinies. but my luck pretty much ran out this year. havnt gotten anything since my rayquaza last like december? anyway back to chaining/bulbasaur. good luck everyone especially DT157 and getting a new shiny quickly =\

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Anyone with a shiny rayquaza, how many resets did it take you to get yours?

I didn't count the number SR I did, but it took nine days of SR'ing for mine to appear.

No new shinies for me yet.

I did some more Whismur hunting yesterday (with my army of Linoones, so I got lots of nice items) I'm almost up to 7000 encounters, so I hope a shiny one shows up soon.

I've put my Moltres hunting on hold, I think I might join in the hunt for shiny Lapras.

Good luck, everyone!

I don't really like Bulbasuar much. I might go for Charmander. Black Dragon ftw.

Which of the three is best without egg moves?

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Charizard is probably the best without egg moves. Venusaur is pretty good as well, but you said you didn't like it that much.

To the person who asked how long it took to get shiny Rayquaza, I don't really remember. I think I got it pretty quickly, but I remember for a time back in April of '06 when I started SRing, I began SRing for Rayquaza every now and then, but I stopped after a few weeks because I wanted a shiny Charmander more.

Today is a December 1st, which was the day I got my shiny Latios last year. Maybe I'll get lucky and find another SR shiny today?

I'm re-thinking my decision of not SRing for Squirtle. Sure, I would like to evolve it ASAP, but if I WERE to get it, could I not just "stop" playing LG while I speed through FR? That way, I'd still get shiny Squirtle, but I just wouldn't train it at all, meaning that it wouldn't try to evolve.

Meh. Good luck, everyone.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Day 31 of SRing for shiny Bulbasaur, I didn't get it yesterday like I wanted to. I want Bulbasaur to show up soon, I'm getting bored with SRing for it. Maybe it would be better if I hatched for one, but I don't want to go through the trouble of getting one with good IV's and nature, then hatching for a shiny Bulbasaur with that nature/IV's.

Congrats to new shinies everyone, shine for my Bulbasaur. Stupid thing won't shine, I need all the luck I can get, hopefully it will show soon.

Last edited:

S.H.L

Blah just battle
I didn't count the number SR I did, but it took nine days of SR'ing for mine to appear.

No new shinies for me yet.

I did some more Whismur hunting yesterday (with my army of Linoones, so I got lots of nice items) I'm almost up to 7000 encounters, so I hope a shiny one shows up soon.

I've put my Moltres hunting on hold, I think I might join in the hunt for shiny Lapras.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Yesterday, I thought I found yet another shiny pochyena because I did step away from my game for a while and as I was walking away to clean my dogs pooh that was on the carpet I could have sworn I heard a shiny noise but then imediatly after that I saw that my game fell and as I picked it up, it froze on me >_> FIgures. Too bad i couldnt see if there were even any shinies or that if my mind was playing a trick upon me. I hate that.

Took me four days to get mine but then I lost it on my pearl version from a mishap.

Torchic is not showing up anytime soon I know this for a fact but now that I think about it I get way lucky when I predict my own shinies.

Havent even done 1 SR for shiny squirtle thats how mch I dont even care about it now Im so focused on the Ruby and Saphire. Friend of mine told me not to SR on emerald so I took his advice and did not.

- Someone tell me should I go on ahead and beat my emerald version so when and if a get a shiny Torchic I can clone it? or should I just keep SRing for a shiny one until it is shiny?

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I say you should beat your Emerald version, like every other time you've asked that question. You might as well make your Emerald useful for something.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
:D Yeah I guess you know best about that and there is no doubt about it that it will come in handy at times so I guess I could do that, Should I try to get a good ID number atleast? Just In case.

entay

!Yo te quiero!
Started hunting treecko for fun today. I hunted him back in july but never saw him. Shinyfufu your banner makes me want kyogre so thats why i went to my sapphire to hunt treecko. good luck everyone

Zabi

Not really here.
Well, I decided to pick up my LG, and decided this - Get all SRable Water shinies. Water is my favorite type, and I have been planning this for weeks, but never got around to it. I will first start with Squirtle, then, move on to the Magikarp you can buy, then, Eevee(going to be Vaporeon or Glaceon, can't decide), next is Lapras *shot*, then Kabuto, and finally, Articuno, even though it is ice, I still want it badly. This is going to take a VERY long time, but, I will pull through.

I will start hunting for Squirtle (once again, quit like, 10 times before) today. Wish me luck, I will need it. @_@

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
I've been busy with homework soooo much lately. Now I'm back to Torchic hunting. (Yes, I'm still at 10 -_-)

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Good luck, with your Water Shiny Quest, BoF. Shido from PokeCommunity was on a similar venture, I think. If you'd like, we can race for Squirtle.

Hm, what can I say? I'm still SRing for Lapras, and I haven't really SRed for Squirtle today yet. Oddly, I would have thought that I would have been bored of SRing for Lapras by now, but I'm more motivated than ever...

Good luck to everyone else as well.

Started on Shiny Charmander SRing. Only done about 25. Cyndaquil on Diamond and Emerald are more important right now...

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Still SRing for shiny Bulbasaur, making me feel like it will never show up. Going to possibly put shiny Bulbasaur on hold for a while, I'm not motivated to get one anymore. I will most likely switch to shiny Squirtle for a while, just to get my mind off of Bulbasaur.

I'm going to SR for shiny Treecko for a bit in Sapphire. Hopefully this one will show up shiny, or at least let me see the shiny Pooch, so I'll know I will be closer to getting shiny Treecko.

Congrats to new shinies.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Hey Dragonzrule Wanna race for shiny torchic I just got done with my Sr's today I got about 580 of them in today totaling 1580+ "Wha da ya say?"

Status
Not open for further replies.