• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Confused

The Ultimate
Anoith Lv 20:impish sane noves and almost same stats as my level 24 one

Relicanth:Lv 43:adament Acient power Secret power Take Down Yawn

Mudkip level 5:Jolly Tackle and growl

Garados Lv 20 Impish Thrash Bite Tackle splash

elekid Lv 12 Bashful Thunder Puch Quick Attack Leer cross Chop(egg move)

All male except elekid

thier not cheated because they have different natures and genders

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
Anoith Lv 20:impish sane noves and almost same stats as my level 24 one

Relicanth:Lv 43:adament Acient power Secret power Take Down Yawn

Mudkip level 5:Jolly Tackle and growl

Garados Lv 20 Impish Thrash Bite Tackle splash

elekid Lv 12 Bashful Thunder Puch Quick Attack Leer cross Chop(egg move)

All male except elekid

Would you trade me your shiny relicanth when wifi comes? please

im gonna search for a shiny spoink
Edit;i hope you guys dont mind they are cloned

Edit:SRing in ruby for shiny torchic

Last edited:

Encyclopedia

Beginning Trainer
why is shiney charmander so hard......2 boxes full already.... so i decided to take a break and soft reset for mewtwo...I SHALL PREVAIL!!!!! one day....

I got sick and tired of trying to hatch a shiny Charmander. It's takes way too long to hatch and I just decided to trade over most of my Pokemon (after over 160 hrs of play on FR) to Sapphire and start over to get a shiny Charmander. Two days and no such luck.

My recommendation: Trade over and restart your game for a shiny starter, if you can. Otherwise, have patience and good luck. :)

My Shinies: Nidoking, Flygon, Porygon, Alakazam
Seeking: Charmander for Charizard, any shiny that looks better than the default.

Charmy_Charm

greenking :D
3 days SRing and still no Torchic, and I swear when I get my shiny, I'm going to kill a billion Zigzagoons cause they're getting on my nerves, although one did come out shiny, again, but no pokeballs :(

Zinimi

Yes, I like Snubbull
Coin trick in an attempt for a shiny abra. I have now tried 12 times without luck.

Havoc Houndoom

Cascade Trainer
You know... the shiny I want, that I have NEVER seen anyone ask for, is Houndoom. The problem is how to get one. The ONLY reliable way I can think of to get a shiny Houndour is to hatch for one - since the only place they appear in the wild is a rare occurence in the Emerald Safari extension. :(

Go Houndooooooooom! ;229;

Arena Tycoon Slaking

lol a carless mistake legendary pkm master(no offece)

OT:I bought a used sapphire today and it had 5 shinies one it

anorith(sorry i was thinking of a cradily so i put that instead),Mudkip,Relicanth,Elekid(YAY!), and a magikarp

does anyone know how to tell if they are cheated or if the games een cheated?
You are so Lucky!

Anyway I've started Simaltaniousley(Sp?) Shiny hunting And Pickupping On the Route Near Rustboro

Icicle

._.;.. I keep thinking that the Mudkip I'm picking is shiny because when you realease it to fight.. its shadow ish purple-y looking ><.. I'm also trying to get a Torchic or Treeko on Emerald (I switch the pokemon each time I SR).

Dragonking

hey Parukia since you have some new shinies you might want to update your wanted list.
New banner forme with my new shiny Latias.

Zahro

What are you going to do with four shiny Abra's? Oo"
I will SR for a Shiny Charmander some more, but it's annoying me now. It's getting very boring. :(
@Encyclopedia: Let's make it a contest. The one who gets Shiny Charmander first wins.:)

Imaketoilets

@leftovers
I never really have been shiney hunting, but i just got my second shiney, it's even a nice looking one: Staryu
I never looked at my pokemon's natures,ev's and iv's. So I decided to do it, my first pokemon was gonna be Starmie, and the third egg i hatched was a shiney.:D
But the nature is adamant, so can't use it:(

Zahro

You can always use it, but it's really sad. It's probably the second worst nature. (Besides Brave.)

Sapphy

Marina is the best!
I got my 4th Shiny Abra, so now I'm gonna try to get a Shiny Beldum.

Heck, how'd you get those? Been hatching for shiny Abra a long time, but no luck :( Given up hunting now tho, gonna trade wi-fi with D/P and concentrate on training pokemons I can clone for trading in stead. Already cloned one of my shiny Zubats and my shiny Machamp, so now I have 3 Zubats and 2 Machamps. Gonna trade them for other shineys soon I hope.

Demonic

<- Hunting You
hey everyone sorry ive been really busy im back now and i still have no shiny treeko........im startin to wonder if ill ever get one but dont worry im not gonna give up ...=) allthough i might start doin less cause im losinmy morale lol and i have FF XI back now so wish me luck another 800-1000 resets today

Necrith

Beginning Trainer
Offtopic: I play FFXI too. What server are you on?

Ontopic: 4 shiny abras? whoa...

superjolteon

TEH-MEH!!!
4 Shiny Abras? Reckon you should have one of each evolution and the other can be whatever!
How do ppl get lucky in hatching shinies? Makes me slightly ticked off!
Anyways, havent really played that much so far but still no shinies seen yet. Thought I saw a green sandshrew but unfortunately it wasnt... :(
Well Demonic never give up! Trust your instincts! Or in this case "trust in luck"!

Btw, someone said b4 about no one having a shiny sandslash. Well I'm 99% sure someone has one on here. But havent seen them in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.