• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtloopa

Nintendo!
Man, you are all so lucky. I have 320 hours + total from LG and emerald and i have not even SAW a shiny once.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Finally doing some SRs for my secret shiny... obviously I haven't gotten it yet. I really hope I turn up SRing for nearly 3 months like charmander, lol

I WILL KILL MY BROTHER *starts sobing and kicks his arse*he reset my game again :'( but now hes going to live with my dad because he was caught smoking =^_^=

sorry everyone

Right now im in petalburg woods hoping for a shiny wurmple-silcoon

Okami_Kage

Omg..Wat did u eat??
egging for a torchic for 2 reasons: 1 my blaziken is screwed 2 i wanna shiny
im on my first egg still T.T
Nevermind bout that they hatch into absol

Last edited:

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
I'm aware this isn't about a Shiny I own but it's a funny story.

The first time I played Ruby, one of the first pokemon I ever came across was a shiny Ralts. But as I had never seen any normal Ralts I didn't recognise. Man, I kicked myself so hard!

K

kirby

One question before I start hatching; what is a good round number of eggs to hatch every day?

I WILL KILL MY BROTHER *starts sobing and kicks his arse*he reset my game again :'( but now hes going to live with my dad because he was caught smoking =^_^=

sorry everyone

Wel thx everyone for wishing me luck and thx fdor all your sympathy(jerks)

Pancakes11

Boulder Trainer

sorry everyone

Aww thats so sad:( . No one in my family has ever deleted my save file.

Good luck catching your shiny Wurmple-Silcoon :)

OMG i just started my emerald over and i picked torchic and the zigzagoone was shiny but not only the zigzagoone was shiny so was my torchic(female)!!!!

K

kirby

Very sorry, but would any one mind answering my question?

Congrats, Parukia! That has got to be one of the amazingest shiny stories i've ever heard.

swimmercyndaquil

too legit to quit.
In Leafgreen, my brother found two shinies. A golden onix, and a gold exegcute(now exeggutor) Otherwise I'm not very lucky.

Diven

Thunder Trainer
OMG i just started my emerald over and i picked torchic and the zigzagoone was shiny but not only the zigzagoone was shiny so was my torchic(female)!!!!

Err... Do you have a picture of that ??
WTF.. That's really luck..
Too bad you couldn't cautch the Zigzagoon...

Pancakes11

Boulder Trainer

Congrats :)

I haven't ever had a shiny starter...But I haven't really been looking.

Last edited:
Err... Do you have a picture of that ??
WTF.. That's really luck..
Too bad you couldn't cautch the Zigzagoon...

im saving for a digital camera and i have a webcam but i have no clue how it works so if you can pm me if you know i can record a wild battle of it :)

Last edited:

Diven

Thunder Trainer
im saving for a digital camera and i have a webcam but i have no clue how it works so if you can pm me if you know i can record a wild battle of it :)
Just read the manual ^^
I never had a Shiny on the ADV games :sad:
Oooh, I really want a Shiny Manectrik and Shiny Camerupt ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.