• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3v1n

Know it,Respect it..
I have shiny tangela in Fire Red and Banete in Emerald.Also has anyone ever misssed a shiny i have.Shiny Apiom.

K

kirby

to qeustions why do i need to and y did you ask that im on route 102 with around 40 ultrra balls searching for any shiny i havent even gotten to petalburg yet
Questions are meant to be answered, ya know.

I'm wondering if Route 103 is a good spot, cuz I'm looking there right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Questions are meant to be answered, ya know.

I'm wondering if Route 101 is a good spot, cuz I'm looking there right now.

yeah i know so aw2nser em because i was asking u DUUUUUUH

Demonic

<- Hunting You
DUN DUN DUN DEMONCS BACK !!!!!!!whoooooooooo WASUP anyway done about 20 resets in the past 2 days so im disgusted and will do loads all tommrow im beinging to think ill never get treeko btw LVL 12 on ff xi in 3 day !!!!!!! WHOOOOO nearly lvl 13 ^^; no more of that more reseting for me who missed me
btw NO SHINY TREEKO

my masquirain is lv 29 i wonder what level itll be when i get my shiny

Charmy_Charm

greenking :D
I stopped SRing for Torchic, 5 full days SRing, maybe I'll just wait to breed for one, although I'm on the hunt for a shiny Wurmple(sp?), I want a Beautifly, wish me luck!

K

kirby

I think it'll be lvl 70+ if you don't stop training it.also gl Charm

Demonic

<- Hunting You
good luck to everyone hunting and rember never give up !WHOOOOO unless u go past me on resets then give and if ur afer treeko dnt even try ! :) lol XD jelousy

Encyclopedia

Beginning Trainer
Ok, this is sort of on topic, sort of not. I noticed a lot of people hate cheating devices here. Now here's my thing about cheating to get shinies and cheating in general.

1) If you use a GS or AR to get a shiny in Pokemon, fine, just don't brag about it. Any moron with thirty extra bucks can do the exact same thing.
2) I used my GBC Gameshark on Silver only AFTER I beat the game and had most of the Pokemon in the regions.
3) For anybody on Xbox Live or other online communities, don't cheat against other people. That's just wrong.
----
Also, I'm SRing for a shiny MALE Charmander. Just regarding this "race to the shiny charmander," I just don't like the orange of the female sign is just too loud for me with a shiny. I don't care about anything else, but for shinies, I want to concentrate on the shininess. If anyone understood that, thanks, if not, it was poorly explained by me.
----
I know I'm not a moderator, but kirby and anyone else out there, don't spam and say
Just finished a good long hour of shiny hunting.
That's just BS. Don't waste people's time who are trying to find out something about shinies. Save it for when you've actually caught one or if you're responding to someone.

Last edited:
520 pokemon no shinies

K

kirby

Parukia, is this 520 Surskit/Roselia, or just Pokemon overall? Just asking. :)

Parukia, is this 520 Surskit/Roselia, or just Pokemon overall? Just asking. :)

pokemon in general on route 102 im hoping for a shiny surskit but anything is just perfecto and sorry for snapping at you earlier

ive found only 3 surskits so far and one is a level 32 masquarain!

K

kirby

It's ok. :D

I think you're better off searching for Roselia unless there's a Surskit outbreak, or if i'm mistaken... Or perhaps you can breed.

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I caught my first shiny yesterday! It was a level 38 male Golbat with a sassy nature on Emerald. I was training my Walrein for the Elite Four when I found him and caught him with a Master Ball. After 2 years of playing Pokemon I bumped into him just after entering the dark part of Victory Road.

Last edited:
Finally. I have a shiny exeguttor (sp?)! my step-brother traded it to me for a level 100 altaria. It has a sassy nature (not bad i guess), it has flawless defence, and decent attack and hp. to make use of its nature im doing the following moveset;

@lefties
Leech seed
psychic/giga drain
toxic/sub
explosion/sludge bomb

Finally. I have a shiny exeguttor (sp?)! my step-brother traded it to me for a level 100 altaria. It has a sassy nature (not bad i guess), it has flawless defence, and decent attack and hp. to make use of its nature im doing the following moveset;

@lefties
Leech seed
psychic/giga drain
toxic/sub
explosion/sludge bomb

concragulations

must...find...shiny...wurmple!

Edit:NEw RANKING

Icicle

I am almost positive.. by the way things are going with me I'll end up with a shiny Articuno.. because that damn bird makes me soft reset because it won't stay in teh damn poke/great/ultra balls -.-

Also, still no luck with my shiny Mudkip..

And congrats and good luck to all the shiny hunters =D

525 pokemon and no shiny i geuss my luck is gone x_X

Gon Freecss

Defense Deoxys #1
10k+ encounters with spheals no shiny I'm now SRing for a shiny regice I hope I get one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.