• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonking

Resetting For Ho-oh on emerald. You would think I would have gotten it after a year of SRing. Not so much luck on Emerald I guess. History I got Shiny Natu at 20 hours and nothing for the next 430 recorded hours not included SRing hours.

legendary pkm master

Water Pokemon Master
i got a question

do you guyz think that i should just hjatch magikarp eggs instead of goin around fishing for it

is hatching a shiny easier or is finding one easier

Gon Freecss

Defense Deoxys #1
I think finding it would be a bit easier because hatching takes a couple minutes to get the steps for the eggs even if its magikarp steps.

Charmy_Charm

greenking :D
Spent all day searching the woods for it, and still no Wurmple, wish me luck, I'm in there right now :)

I. Diddley

Just a dude
i'm sorta confused, i caught this gligar but it's blue, i tohught gligars were purple, the thing is my gligar doesnt make that little sparkle thing at the end, so is it a shiny?

SWEEET! thanks for the clear up chorusco

hate to burst your bubble but that gligar is not shiny in emerald gligars are a light blueish purplish color if no sparkels its not a shiny sorry i have a box of em.

I agree with you about the star part but can you get a normal light blue Gligar.

i have some maybe its a common glitch in emerald i mean the sprite on serbeii isnt what my gligars are sadly ,maybe its like they won tsparkel in emerald but you trade them for them to idk

Also i went the EB games and looked at some emerald versions one have a lot of cloned pokemon al ot of em shinies :)

They have a level 5 shiny elekid x20 and a level 35 elektabuzz shiny

5 shiny eevee Level 10

A shiny roselia(yay)

A shiny unown x3 all D unowns

And a shiny tyrouge what should i evolve tyrouge into im thinking hitmontop x_X

I. Diddley

Just a dude
Nooo! lol yea i figure it out after wards cuz it had a baby the same color, thats when i realized it wasn't a shiny.(sigh)

Im giving up my hunt im just gonna play the game and hope for the best

Okami_Kage

Omg..Wat did u eat??
Parukia,
I have been doing that for umphteen days. no shiny>.< but good luck
OT:restarted non-shiny game cuz sis tryed cloning and it glitched trying for anything

-Shadow_Chaos;359;
p.s. parukia how'd you get so many eevees!!!??? i've been looking for weeks on my lg and fr

Last edited:
Parukia,
I have been doing that for umphteen days. no shiny>.< but good luck
OT:restarted non-shiny game cuz sis tryed cloning and it glitched trying for anything

-Shadow_Chaos;359;
p.s. parukia how'd you get so many eevees!!!??? i've been looking for weeks on my lg and fr

bought a game(emerald) with em on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.