• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina

Hear the VTEC roar!

supersousaphone

Pokéradar, GO!
Oh crap, I just realized something... in the process of finally catching Suicune, I realized that I used up my only Master Ball! So there's no way I'm going to continue SRing for Moltres... I won't let the possibility of finding a shiny only to run out of Ultra Balls rear its ugly head. So I think I'm going to have to reset Firered to get another one... BLAST!

Should I make it a speed run to get back to a legendary bird or SR for another Kanto starter?

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
I would speed run if you are at all interested in the SSC. Anyways, I have spent all night raising a serious Gastly from LV.18 to LV. 38. Does anyone know when it can relearn Hypnosis?

Also, can you have a Growlithe at LV. 49 learn Flamethrower, then use a Firestone to make Arcanine learn Extremespeed at LV. 49?

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
well i would say sr for squirtle or bulbasaur to finish you starter trio but you also need meganium and skeptile well its up to you lol

well after a succeful capture of a chansey with lucky egg in leaf green i am going back to unown's lair to find an allnighter shiny maybe lol

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Darn on Haunter, since I need it for the E4 I'll have to wait.
Holy moly thank you, Arcanine can learn Extremespeed on the same level!

Does anyone have a suggested moveset for Haunter. I can't trade to get a Gengar.

Meh, hatched some eggs while the TVs were nopt working, no shiny -.-'

Good luck to everyone ;D *repetitive post o_o'*

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
HUMPH
Well today i found a shiny shuppet while hunting at mt.pyre
I found it on my sapphire which has my shiny sceptile while driving back from my grandmas house. When i got home my pants were muddy so my mom took them and washed them. It took me like fifteen minutes to find my camera (my room is very messy) and I came downstairs and I turned my ds on. The game loaded and it was ruby. I checked my pants pocket for my sapphire and realized that it was in the washing machine. There goes two of my four shines. Now I am sad and I will make a memorial in my sig.

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
umm i'd say shadow punch; dream eater; hypnosis; and Night Shade

he cant have hypnosis otherwise he wouldnt of asked if he could relearn it lol

but this isnt supposed to be here so talk about it in pms

omg dragonrules i am so sorry at least you have your other shinys but you could always try to get them again

btw i will trade you any two of my shinys that you want when d/p comes out for just two wurmples

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Well the thing is I can't learn Hypnosis again untill I go back to the Islands, unless there is a movetutor for it. If I don't have Hypnosis, Dream Eater is garbage. What about:
Shadow Punch
Shadow Ball
Night Shade
Confue Ray/Destiny Bond

If Hypnosis is available:
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball
Nightmare/Dream Eater
Destiny Bond/Confuse Ray/Night Shade

Nike4444

teach it shadow ball and try ur saphy it may still work ive had friend's games dropped in toilet and that have also been in washer and their games still worked.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Hold on, I'll Sleep Powder it with Venasaur and switch in:
New Moveset:
Shadow Punch
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray
Dream Eater/Nightmare

On Topic: Sring for Dratini after giving up on Zapdos.

Rakurai

The Gastly line is much more speciallly oriented then physically oriented.

That said, I wouldn't suggest using any type of Ghost move on it, and rather teach it moves like Thunderbolt and Ice Punch.

On topic: Still resetting for the same shiny (And hoping nobody else gets said shiny before me).

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
I knew that but I didn't remember if Ghost was Attack or SP Attack.

Taylor Ray

Newest shiny
Hah, good idea. I go outside to play, whenever I get grounded.

Today I have about 100 SRs for Dratini, two at a time meaning around 200 chances for one with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.