• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
CC Am i still racing you for a shiny starter when i get emerald (i cant belive it hasn't came yet) If so is it any starter or a set one

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Yeah, we're still racing! :) It doesn't matter which starter really, why should it? They all take about the same amount of time to do a soft reset anyway. I can't really even decide either, I often find myself doing soft resets for Mudkip one minute, then Torchic the next!

CC, did you win a shiny Camerupt and forgot to tell us? I'm looking at your avatar... And you should add your shiny Dragonite at your banner º-º

firemaster610

Shiny hunter
I am looking for a shiny slugma!!! Why cant I find you!!!!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
No, I didn't get a shiny Camerupt. A friend of mine, -4J-, had a normal Dragonite as his avatar, and the custom title said "What's that? Win?" At the time, I was hunting for a shiny Dratini, so I thought it'd be funny if I had a shiny Dragonite as my avatar, and that my custom title would say "Yes, -4J-, it's win." It's all pure coincidence that I got a shiny Dratini shortly after I made that change. And if you say something is "win", it usually means it's very cool.

I would ask Nator to add shiny Dragonite, but I just never got around to it. I'm lazy.

Canis Lupus

o_o

I'm lazy too, but if I had a shiny banner... I wouldn't be lazy 8D

I agree with you there. If I had a shiny banner, I wouldn't be lazy either.
Err... Fufu, you say you have a banner, but I can't see it!

Anyways, I'm getting bored with Swinub. Anyone have any suggestions for a new hunt?

I can only see the shiny Pokemon banner. The other one is a square with a red X inside it. Maybe you typed the URL wrong D:

mew lover

2,225 SR
Hi,i still going for the bug type,i getting bored of it and then switch to clamperl.Then the cycle continues.I went to the mall today and it was 45 minutes away,so i had time to search for a shiny.Today i'm going to target to pre-order pokemon diamond.I might go for eevee again,since i stop SR for it 225 times.Wish me luck!

blueracer

<< 3 of them
Still hatching misdreavus with no luck, takes a long time to get the egg and then to hatch it.

warnerbroman

the Blue trainer
No, I didn't get a shiny Camerupt. A friend of mine, -4J-, had a normal Dragonite as his avatar, and the custom title said "What's that? Win?" At the time, I was hunting for a shiny Dratini, so I thought it'd be funny if I had a shiny Dragonite as my avatar, and that my custom title would say "Yes, -4J-, it's win." It's all pure coincidence that I got a shiny Dratini shortly after I made that change. And if you say something is "win", it usually means it's very cool.

I would ask Nator to add shiny Dragonite, but I just never got around to it. I'm lazy.
you did congrats

I think that wishing good luck is bad luck

supersousaphone

Pokéradar, GO!
Se, even SS knows that he's gonna win when he races me!

Lol, I was just kidding. You know there's nothing about either of us that could possibly make one more inclined to lose a SHINY HUNTING race. :p

Which are you hunting? Bulbasaur? Because I'm switching back and forth between it and Squirtle...

kill and run

ShinyHunting Veteran
anyway no new shinys but i am not giving up lol

in emerald should i go for totodile, ditto transformer, or smeargle scetch
my allnighter didnt even happen cause i feel asleep before 12:00 to even hunt anything lol well wish me luck

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Haven't bought anymore Abra yet; I got kind of bored of them. XD

In Emerald I am currently in that little power plant place (can't remember its name...) hunting for a shiny Magnemite.

I've got my trusty Modest synchronising Kirlia with me, so hopefully I'll come across a Modest shiny Magnemite.

In Emerald, if you have a Pokemon with synchronise at the front of your party, wild Pokemon you encounter have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the synchroniser. So in my opinion, that's a great way to try and get a shiny with the nature you want.

Shine Master

Holy Crap! I Got Bored Of Ralts Hatching So I Went Dratini Resetting! I Less Than 100 Resets, I Got A Shiny One! Adamant Nature Too!

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
I agree with you there. If I had a shiny banner, I wouldn't be lazy either.
Err... Fufu, you say you have a banner, but I can't see it!

Anyways, I'm getting bored with Swinub. Anyone have any suggestions for a new hunt?
It's there. It's probably your computer because I never even had to type in a URL. When ~Seanyboy~ made it for me, he didn't provide a URL, just the actual image. I copied that image and pasted it in my sig. Hunt for a shiny Spoink.

warnerbroman, I DIDN'T get a shiny Camerupt! It's just in my avatar!

supersousaphone said:
Lol, I was just kidding. You know there's nothing about either of us that could possibly make one more inclined to lose a SHINY HUNTING race. :p

Which are you hunting? Bulbasaur? Because I'm switching back and forth between it and Squirtle...
:D I knew you were kidding. I was simply playing along. I'm hunting mainly on Bulbasaur, but I sometimes go to Squirtle just for kicks.

Which reminds me, I'm going to try getting a new ID again. I'm looking for either triple repeating numbers, two sets of repeating numbers (i.e. my current 32423) or a palindromic ID (i.e. my current 32423). I'm also switching between Moltres and Snorlax spontaneously, as I decided those are the two shinies I want on FR currently.

Shine Master, do you have any pictures? Congrats on your shiny Dratini.

Shine Master

I just got it less than 15 minutes ago. Pics will come later once I feel like taking them. I need to put it in the gameboy player on my gamecube in order to make my pics somewhat legible because I have a crappy camera.

I have a question:

If you trade a shiny Pokemon do Diamond or Pearl, will you be able to trade it back to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.