• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaghz

My tentacool is Rash nature and his IV's/stats are as follows:
HP:10/74
atk:24/40
def:5/30
sp.ak:10/46
sp.def:24/72
speed:26/61

Can anyone tell me what these IV's mean for my tentacool ?

Canis Lupus

I've been hunting AND hatching for a shiny Vulpix. :( Lucky...

Whilst at the same time, soft-resetting for a Sudowoodo or Beldum.

Your looking for a shiny Vulpix? Do you want to race for it?

Yaghz, it looks like it has pretty good Speed, Special Def. and Attack. 31 is the max.

Canis Lupus

Thanks Canis. I still can't believe I just got my first shiny.

You're welcome. And I still can't believe that it's been 7 years since my last shiny.

Wynaut?- It's okay, it's not like I'm actually going to manage to get Vulpix or anything. I'm mainly finding Shuppet's anyway, but hatching takes too long.

Wynaut?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been putting four eggs in my team at a time, then going to Mt Pyre and hunting for them. Sometimes I get 3 Vulpix in a row but other times it's just a load of Shuppet.

Zabi

Not really here.
You're welcome. And I still can't believe that it's been 7 years since my last shiny.

Wynaut?- It's okay, it's not like I'm actually going to manage to get Vulpix or anything. I'm mainly finding Shuppet's anyway, but hatching takes too long.

Use a Camerupt. ;)

Nike4444

hatched over 90 ralt eggs and no luck :( the only shiny i have is a shiny macargo that i traded my friend cuz it was my game and over 300 hours on my Ruby and no shiny

Ex_Strifer

Water Master

XTSCarnage

<-- finally caught
A while ago i was testing to see if i could actually get deoxys shiny by catching it the master ball that i have and checking if its nature changed and if its stats changed. They all did so i guess thats a good sign for me to keep on trying. I just need more time to be able to SR for longer than an hour at times :(

XTSCarnage

<-- finally caught
Ya it should and i was just checking to make sure that i could even get it shiny because if i caught it and it had the same nature and stats all the time there would be no point in continuing to SR for it would there be now.

supersousaphone

Pokéradar, GO!
Heh I didn't say it right out just to see if people could figure it out for themselves. If you have, that'd be a revenge equal to when you got Latias before CC after only one day :eek: Lol imagine you getting onix before me, using MY method for hunting it xD You can post the method if you want, I don't mind a race :)

Well, I'm pretty sure it has to do with Repels... but I'm having a problem finding just where you're hunting and with what level Pokémon. I tried Victory Road and Rock Tunnel but it appears that either the highest-levelled wild Pokémon is not Onix, or Onix and some other Pokémon appears. Wanna help me out? :)

Dragonking

Lets see if your hunting on victory road from the elite 4 entrance Go up the first ladder. That is the best spot I could find. On this level there are no Primeapes. So it only cuts one unwanted pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.