• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
Hey guys.

Been sick all week (Including on my Birthday :() so havn't had much time to be on forums/hunting. I'm up to about 1000 now.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Shiny Bulbasaur, come on out! It's been 10 and a half months! Though, admittedly, I haven't been soft resetting for everyday for those ten months...

I still haven't gotten all my games back yet, and to be honest...it's kinda nice! Since I only have FR and LG to hunt on (in the 3rd Gen, at least), I can devote all of my attention to them without actually worrying whether or not I could have found shiny so-and-so if I had been soft resetting on one of my other games.

Edit: Sorry to hear about you being sick on your birthday, MKen. I hope you have some shiny luck!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Changing my FR ID again, I'm pretty bored with the one I have already. I've had that ID since yesterday, I am going to change my ID everyday just to have some variety. I'm just hoping one of them is lucky enough so I can get a shiny Bulbasaur.

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
I really want a shiny torchic. I'm quiting the shiny bulbasaur race because I'm playing through the game to get a masterball. Hopefully I'll come across a shiny during the game just like the shiny sandshrew I got. I'll start SRing right about...... now!
1 reset done so far :p

Anaya

Synthesis
Nothing to update right now. But I will try to SR more tonight. Of course I haven't had a chance today, seeing as how I had school.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Hey guys.

Been sick all week (Including on my Birthday :() so havn't had much time to be on forums/hunting. I'm up to about 1000 now.

LOL Mken same with me, been sick with fever and cold. Haven't done much hunting for bulbasaur. Only did 6 hours of hunting it on the weekend only along with uxie. That's been my main focus. Hope you feel better soon and Mken, maybe we will both have some luck when we feel better too :p

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm doing some more Moltres hunting before I go to bed. Please be shiny soon.

Been sick all week (Including on my Birthday )

That's bad luck to be sick on your birthday. I don't think I've ever been sick on my birthday. Although a few years ago my period did start on Christmas eve - that was so much fun... >_>

Most of my family (including me) was sick last week; cold, snotty nose, sore throat, you name it. I can't stand sore throats. I think any affliction from the neck up (so that includes sore throats, head ache and tooth ache) are the worst non-life threatening things you can get.

I hope you feel better soon.

Jolteh

The one and only.
I've been getting lazy with the SR's. D:
I might take a break with Charmander and hunt for a shiny Golbat in Leaf Green.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Changed my ID twice yesterday, I'm keeping the one I have, 33990 until tomorrow, then I'll switch again. I have 11000 SR's in for shiny Bulbasaur from SRing all day yesterday and the ones I did this morning. I should be at 12000 or so by either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Although a few years ago my period did start on Christmas eve - that was so much fun... >_>

No wonder Dialga didn't come. That was too much information for even green time dragon.

Nothing on my 3rd Gen games, though Pearl has given me a Shiny Cascoon. Yay, shiny dustox >_> and where Budew inhabit too...

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Still no shiny Moltres. I bet November is going to be a month where I get no shinies.

I feel rather sad at the moment; it's three months today since my mother died...

I know how you feel Heliotrope. I hope you feel better and get some shinys this month.

No Mudkip or Anorith for me yet. I might start some hatching in Emerald.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
November was also the month that I got no shinies, at least it was last year. And, assuming that I won't get a shiny Bulbasaur this month, which I most definitely won't, this November would probably be the same as last November: shinyless. Murkrow doesn't count, due to it being obtained through the PokeRadar.

I'll be SRing for Bulbasaur as usual. Good luck, everyone.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Sring for shiny Bulbasaur, as most everyone else is, haven't gotten a lot of SR's in since this morning. I'm actually finding female Bulbasaur more than male ones, I'll probably get a female shiny Bulbasaur when I get one.

I'm hoping that if I get shiny Bulbasaur/Azelf, the other won't be far behind, as what happened to me with Dialga and Giratina, Heatran and Rayquaza, finding them 2 days apart.

SHINE for me Bulbasaur. Congrats to new shinies.

EDIT: SR count is now at 11700 SR's, will be SRing for a little while longer, then try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

seeker85

after i got a shiny treecko from breeding, i started to SR my ruby to get a shiny mudkip so far im at about 530 SRs and no luck yet.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
after i got a shiny treecko from breeding, i started to SR my ruby to get a shiny mudkip so far im at about 530 SRs and no luck yet.

Tch same here except I didnt get shiny treeko but I just recently started to go for Mudkip again but this time on Emerald I have a theory that I am trying to test, Wanna race?

- By the way I think that it would not be a good Idea for me to go for bulbasuar anymore, good luck to you guys though in the mean time I will be going for Mudkip again. I had some previous SR for mudkip as well, thats why my SR count is so high for it.

seeker85

Tch same here except I didnt get shiny treeko but I just recently started to go for Mudkip again but this time on Emerald I have a theory that I am trying to test, Wanna race?.

sure lets get started

Status
Not open for further replies.