• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
S.H.L, you're making me want to reset for Jirachi a little bit...but not really.

I dunno how much time I'll have to hunt today, I'm going somewhere for a basketball game ( possibly as part of a tournament)...but, as you all know, I'll be SRing for Bulbasaur.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
S.H.L, you're making me want to reset for Jirachi a little bit...but not really.

I dunno how much time I'll have to hunt today, I'm going somewhere for a basketball game ( possibly as part of a tournament)...but, as you all know, I'll be SRing for Bulbasaur.

How do you do that again I forgot, you told me once but i guess I was not listening quite well.

- For anyone else answer this question: " Has most of the shiny you have ever found in the 3rd generation been on Emerald rather than the others?"

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
^ I only ever found 2 shiny Pokemon in Emerald, my shiny Wingull I randomly found after running away from a shiny Tentacool ;_;, and my shiny Charmander that I hatched.

I just had 8 female Bulbasaur in a row, a little weirded out from that. I have 13000 SR's in for shiny Bulbasaur from all of today. I'm hoping that it will pop up sometime soon.

Shine for me Bulbasaur.

EDIT: Make that 9.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Emerald is the only game I've never found a shiny in (well, apart from FR. But I've only just bought that).

I've restarted my second copy of Ruby yet again. So I'll be hunting for shiny Torchic... yet again.

Tyranidos

Emerald is the only R/S/E I have and it had my only two shinies. A shiny Golbat from Meteor Falls, and a shiny Oddish which I evolved into a Vileplume. I just started SRing for Bulbasaur, hoping I might get something today.

I have also found only 2 shinnies in Emerald.

Wobbefet which ran far away :( damn safari and its freedom >:[

And a whishmur :D

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Hey, everyone.

I'm still focusing on shiny Bulbasaur as usual. I'm beginning to feel a bit more optimistic as to whether or not I'll get it soon.

Good luck, everyone!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
SRing for shiny Bulbasaur has reached Day 22. I'm hoping that it'll show up pretty soon, I'll be SRing for it later on today, I will be busy until about 1 p.m..

Shine for me Bulbasaur. Congrats to new shinies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Been SRing for Bulbasaur on FR all day. As of right now, I'm SRing for it on both; it's the first time today that I've had the time to do them both at once.

Wish me luck!

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Going after Bulbasaur again this morning, I really want to get this shiny, I want my SRing luck back again. I only got about 50 more SR's this morning, I plan to get a few hundred more.

Wish me luck on shiny Bulbasaur, I might need it.

Tyranidos

Going after Bulbasaur again this morning, I really want to get this shiny, I want my SRing luck back again. I only got about 50 more SR's this morning, I plan to get a few hundred more.

Wish me luck on shiny Bulbasaur, I might need it.

Well, good luck, but I need it as well. I got a bunch of SRs today, so total now is around 370.

Thinking about Restarting Sapphire. Nothing left much now, just these 8.

Shiny Crobat
2 Lv100 Groudons
Lv100 Moltres
Lv100 Shiftry
Lv66 Altaria
Lv65 Alakazam
Lv73 Partailly Ev'd Modest Mewtwo

And I'll stick my seven best items and my Lucky Egg on them.

May SR for Mudkip, but seeing as I get a bit too het up when good (ie, not that Cascoon) show up, don't want to risk finding Golden Poochyena. Might intead use my new Sapphire file for Shiny Beldum and Rayquaza (Still there or Emerald, but SRing sucks). Though Cyndaquil on Diamond is my primary target...

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Today is already one of the best days of this year.

At around 12:51 AM today, shiny Bulbasaur had shown its mug!

Basically, my brother had been showing me his shiny Swablu which he encountered on a chain of 15. He was in a battle with it at the time. I truly had no further interest in his shiny Swablu at the time, so I looked at the then-blackened screen of my FR (you know, when you transition from pressing "A" on Summary), getting my fingers prepared to do another soft reset.

Then I saw the blue star in the corner.

All was silent for a moment, I could even hear my brother breathing, and he was standing right beside me! Then I looked at the nature:

Calm.

All in alll, this is going to be an amazing day. Stats at level 5 were

HP: 20
Atk: 9
Def: 10
SAtk: 12
SDef: 12
Speed: 9

ShinyBulbaishere.jpg

It's at level 14 now...I'm still in Viridian Forest, though, "EV Training" it in HP and Defense. I won't be able to evolve it right away because I want to have clones of it as a Bulbasaur, and since I can't trade with Emerald until I fix the Network Machine...though I JUST might evolve it into a shiny Ivysaur, but then I may be tempted to evolve it again...

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:
Today is already one of the best days of this year.

At around 12:51 AM yesterday, shiny Bulbasaur had shown its mug!

Basically, my brother had been showing me his shiny Swablu which he encountered on a chain of 15. He was in a battle with it at the time. I truly had no further interest in his shiny Swablu at the time, so I looked at the then-blackened screen of my FR (you know, when you transition from pressing "A" on Summary), getting my fingers prepared to do another soft reset.

Then I saw the blue star in the corner.

All was silent for a moment, I could even hear my brother breathing, and he was standing right beside me! Then I looked at the nature:

Calm.

All in alll, this is going to be an amazing day. Stats at level 5 were

HP: 20
Atk: 9
Def: 10
SAtk: 12
SDef: 12
Speed: 9

ShinyBulbaishere.jpg

It's at level 14 now...I'm still in Viridian Forest, though, "EV Training" it in HP and Defense. I won't be able to evolve it right away because I want to have clones of it as a Bulbasaur, and since I can't trade with Emerald until I fix the Network Machine...though I JUST might evolve it into a shiny Ivysaur, but then I may be tempted to evolve it again...

Good luck, everyone!
Huge and I mean HUGE congrats to you Shiny Fufu

I am jealous so bad X_X

Congratulations SFF! Bulba has finally showed up! I think Calm is quite a good nature too.

As for the IVs, you are in these ranges

HP: 10-29
ATK: 2-31
DEF: 2-21
SP.ATK: 10-29
SP.DEF: 0-9
SPD: 0-9

Gonna wait till tomorrow to restart Sapphire. Then I can pal-park a second time to get EVERYTHING off it. Then once I've beaten it, I can get Shiny Rayquaza.

November Raine

My Bulbasaur sr count is 8300 something. I have posted in here recently because I didnt want to post until I got shiny Bulbasaur but I think I'm withdrawing and going for shiny Squirtle instead, or I just change a starter every 100 sr's or so.

good luck everybody.

edit: rank up :)

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Thank you, Midnight Rain.

I've been neglecting Squirtle ever since I got a shiny Bulbasaur. I'm happier than ever that I got it, but I'm a shiny hunter; I'll never be satisfied. So while I'm playing through FR, I'll be SRing for a shiny Squirtle on LG (if my brother isn't using it to chain Vulpix...).

Good luck, everyone.

Tyranidos

Thank you, Midnight Rain.

I've been neglecting Squirtle ever since I got a shiny Bulbasaur. I'm happier than ever that I got it, but I'm a shiny hunter; I'll never be satisfied. So while I'm playing through FR, I'll be SRing for a shiny Squirtle on LG (if my brother isn't using it to chain Vulpix...).

Good luck, everyone.

Congrats, the only reason why I posted on the Hall of Fame is because you didn't finish your really long post and I wanted to Congratulate you. So CONGRATS!! You really deserve this one. Now, How do you feel? (I ask that question to anyone who gets a shiny after a long time)

Well, now I can go back to SRing for Shiny Charmander, I only joined the race because it was a huge race. And I am also SRing for Shiny Rayquaza on, you guys are going to shoot me for this, Emerald.

EDIT: Oh, and a big congrats to Heliotrope for the Shiny Palkia!!!!!! Since you have him/her, how do you feel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.