• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
It all random, there is no average. You could get it after 5 soft resets, you could get it after 5000 or you could get it after 50,000.

I wouldn't advise SR'ing on Emerald. You tend to run into lots of "clones" of the Pokemon.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
SRing for shiny Bulbasaur again. I'm hoping that it'll show up soon so I can SR for shiny Eevee. The last SR count for shiny Eevee was at 4000 SR's. I'll be SRing for shiny Squirtle possibly tonight, if I stop being lazy and trade over my Lvl 100 Pokemon/items to Emerald.

SRing for shiny Mewtwo will officially be on hold, until I get shiny Bulbasaur or shiny Squirtle.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Your better off SRing for something in Ruby or Sapphire, as well as FR and LG, because in Emerald you suffer from RNG(Random Number Generator) clones, where you can have 1000 SR's and only have 200 or less different Pokemon.

SRing for shiny Bulbasaur, I didn't start over LG yet, I'm going to wait until the weekend. That way, I can get all of my items and Pokemon I plan to trade, over to Emerald, so I can SR for shiny Squirtle then.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
i started over ruby and once i get to registeel i will SR for him no matter how long it takes

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Stupid question I know the answer to: How do you soft reset on the Gamecube? I forget and need to know, seeing as I'm going after a legendary dog. I'm thinking it'll be Suicune or Raikou.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I don't think you can SR in Collosseum. I couldn't work out how to when I was hunting for a shiny Suicune. I just had to press the reset button on the Gamecube.

No shiny Moltres yet.

I'm making my way through FR. I might join in the Lapras hunt when I reach it or I might try for another GC shiny (probably Scyther).

phantom1113

Not a random nub
can somebody post the link to the thread saying where u have to send ur 3rd gen game to get deoxys/jirachie depending on the game, a friend of mine needs it

It all random, there is no average. You could get it after 5 soft resets, you could get it after 5000 or you could get it after 50,000.

I wouldn't advise SR'ing on Emerald. You tend to run into lots of "clones" of the Pokemon.

i dont tend to clone. only tow of each legend for some friends who only have fr/lg and no 4th gen either

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
i dont tend to clone. only tow of each legend for some friends who only have fr/lg and no 4th gen either

No, I mean you tend to run into lots of copies of the same Pokemon when you SR in Emerald. You might end up seeing exactly the same Pokemon (same Nature/IV's/stats) many times in a row.

As Storm Dragoon said; if you SR 1000 times in Emerald, on average only about 200 of them are different. The rest of them are just "clones" of each other.

entay

!Yo te quiero!
Your better off SRing for something in Ruby or Sapphire, as well as FR and LG, because in Emerald you suffer from RNG(Random Number Generator) clones, where you can have 1000 SR's and only have 200 or less different Pokemon.

Thanks, sd. Anyways once i go back to treecko ill SR on sapphire instead of emerald thanks to this knowledge. I have another question about shinyness though. I have a pokemon ruby that has been hacked on. I have restarted it since then but i was wondering, will the fact that an action replay was used on it effect the shinyness of the pokemon in the game? Because if it does, I will probably get a new ruby to sr for latias on. back to bulbsaur. good luck

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Using an AR/GS won't effect the chance of you finding shinies. I use them all the time and I still find shinies.

... No new shinies yet. XD

I'm sort of alternating between hunting Torchic/Beldum/Whismur/Regi's in Ruby and Sapphire.

Anaya

Synthesis
STILL SRing for Bulbasaur. NO luck for meeee. I'll PROBABLY try more tonight. That depends on whether I do my math homework or not.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Started over Leaf Green, I'm SRing for shiny Bulbasaur on both FR and LG. I'm going to go after shiny Squirtle in the game I don't get Bulbasaur in. Total SR's for shiny Bulbasaur is 24050 SR's.

Last edited:

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
I finally gotten the shiny Dratini from the Game Corner at Celadon City on Fire Red, 2 nights ago.
All those SRing really paid off.

Here's the summary
Female
Level 18
Hasty Nature
Met at Celadon City

Here IVs
HP-29
Attack-16
Defense-15
Sp. Attack-11
Sp. Defense-27
Speed-27

Overall, not bad IVs, but i wish attack would be over 20.
I might raise it, though.

Good luck everyone on ur shiny hunts!

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Congrats CA, I remember me when I got it ;)

Anyways, I decided to take a break from chaining in D/P and SR for a Shiny Registeel in my French Sapphire.
It's my lucky game as I already have Shiny Rayquaza, Shiny Regice and Shiny Regirock.

Regice took me the most resets which surprisingly only is 3000+

So what's this RNG in Emerald, is there some more information about it?

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Good luck on the Treecko.
I'm SR-ing on my GBA SP as it's quite annoying on a DSL ^^

Anyways, I was 99% I saw a Shiny Registeel when it came across the screen but it turned out to be a normal one xD
Also, getting it that fast isn't even fun, I do want to put some time in it.

Anyways, I might try Articuno today aswell..

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Did a few SR's in LG last night, before I went to sleep. FR will be my main SRing game for shiny Bulbasaur though, seeing as I've SR'd for one more. I'm hoping it'll show up soon, I don't want to wait until 50000+ SR's to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.