• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats on catching your shiny Regice Helio, nice nature too.

When will it be time for me to get shiny Moltres I wonder, 2 years and 5 months is long enough, show up please, lol.

I'm SRing for shiny Lapras as I type, so I'm hoping something will appear soon. SHINE Moltres and Lapras, SHINE.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Thanks everyone. Here's some pictures:

Sorry if they're kind of big...

Wild shiny Regice appeared! Look; no cheating.

SRI1.jpg

Upon capturing it, I put Ruby into my DS Lite to get a clearer picture of it.

SRI2.jpg

Now I have to look through my videos and upload some to YouTube. ^_^

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
Congrats Helio on Regice! It's nice to see March Madness kicking in again and its nice to see the 3rd gen is alive still. I hope March Madness affects me soon.

Shiny Dialga

G/S Remake! :) :)
Congrats Helio! That's a good find! How are the IV's lookin'?
I'm currently SRing for Kyogre (as I type this). I SR'd for Regirock for about an hour today, I should be able to get at least three more hours of SRing in today. Hopefully something, anything (shiny wise) will show up.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
The IV's are looking surprisingly nice:

Regice
Quiet natured
HP: 5 - 7
Att: 15 - 17
Def: 30 - 31 (gasp!)
SpA: 30 - 31 (double-gasp!)
SpD: 13 - 14
Speed: 13 - 17

^.^

I'm trying to upload a video, but I'm not sure if it's working...

Another March Madness! Congrats Helio ^^

Ahh shiny tangela still hasn't shown up yet.
I don't have to worry however, I only just reached 1000 encounters.
EDIT: Woah! Nice ivs on the regice Helio! Congrats again!

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hey Helio, congrats on the Shiny Regice! Quiet nature isn't so bad for Regice either!
Zabi's right, there are a lot of people finding shinies this month!
As for me.....nothing on both games yet...
Pokenicks out!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I uploaded the video of me capturing shiny Regice (it's processing at the moment).

I'm doing some more SR'ing for shiny Mudkip (it would be awesome if that decided to show up today too) and I was thinking that I should hunt for the other shiny Regi's; but I'm not sure which one t go after first. ^^;

Good luck everyone. May the March Madness bring you many shinies! ^-^

EDIT: Here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFwNVjWNjbo

lol. The screen is so dark, you can barely tell that it's shiny (as I kept pointing out in the video. ^^ )

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Awesome video of your shiny Regice Helio, I could tell it was shiny.

I'm back to SRing for Moltres again, after taking a very short break. I want this more than ever now, please shine today. I hope that March Madness will be nice to me today, but I don't think I'll get another shiny this month.

Congrats Helio :D i'm still SRing for Torchic,Treecko,Squirtle,and Charmander wish me luck i got very few resets for torchic in ..... :(

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Shiny Regice has now been dumped into a box, and I'm now saved in-front of Registeel. I hope it appears quickly too. ^-^

I just re-started Fire Red again (I change ID's often in this game). I'm hunting shiny Squirtle in it. And my new ID number is 55555. I keep getting strange ID numbers. o_O

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Shiny Regice has now been dumped into a box, and I'm now saved in-front of Registeel. I hope it appears quickly too. ^-^

I just re-started Fire Red again (I change ID's often in this game). I'm hunting shiny Squirtle in it. And my new ID number is 55555. I keep getting strange ID numbers. o_O

Wow o_O, cool Helio. You seem to get the coolest looking ID's.

SRing for Moltres and about to start SRing for shiny Kyogre, now that I have my business done in Diamond. I hope that they will pop up quickly, even though I know I won't get a shiny this month.

Zabi

Not really here.
Helio, you and your IDs, you get some of the awesome ones! Congrats on a cool ID. lol

Got in four SRs for Abra today which is almost an hour worth of SRing. I would have done more, but I fell asleep SRing cause I was really tired. But now I am back to doing it.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Congratulations on the shiny Regice, Heliotrope! March Madness strikes again! You're accent puts a smile on a face, too. :D

You're ID makes me lol, you should keep that ID, just for the sake of how unbelievably cool it is.

If I had a spare 3rd Gen game, I'd constantly reset it just to get a cool ID. Then I'd SR for another shiny Charmander or Treecko.

Good luck, everyone.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
lol. I must admit I do enjoy hunting for interesting ID numbers. ^^;

As you can see from all my current ID numbers...:
Fire Red: 55555
Leaf Green: 00866
Ruby 1: 07773
Ruby 2: 01122
Sapphire: 00001
Diamond: 09903
Pearl: 00493
Emerald: 19776 (this one is pretty boring; that explains why I haven't found a shiny in it yet. :p )

I've been SR'ing on my new FR file for over half an hour and I've only just this minute recieved my first female Squirtle (sadly it wasn't shiny).

Congrats on the shiny Regice, Helio! That makes about 5 people have their shinies in this March Madness. Anyway, I'm doing only a little bit of SRing for shiny Kyogre. Good luck, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.