• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Well, I haven't hunt much since Sunday since I got Brawl.

Congrats on the shiny Rayquaza, CA, and good luck to everyone else.

Good luck on your shinies! I'm over 1,900 SRs for shiny Lugia. Wish me luck!
EDIT: rank up. yay!

Last edited:
Thank you Dragonking!

I am going to start S.R for a shiny treecko later tonight. I hope March Madness grants me the luck I need

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
No new 3rd gen shinies for me... but shiny Giratina did appeared in Pearl today at about 8.50am! ^_^

And I got to make another video of me capturing a shiny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FC-zU_MzEI

That makes two for me in the March Madness.

And a year ago today I caught my first ever shiny Pokemon (Clefairy), so Giratina appeared at the perfect time. ^-^

Good luck everyone.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Congrats on the shiny Giratina Helio.

SRing for shiny Moltres again today, as well as getting a few SR's for shiny Groudon/Kyogre. I want a shiny to pop up soon, even though I know I won't get a second shiny for March Madness.

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Congrats again on the Giratina Helio. Wow so now you're at 2 for march madness? Lol ChaosAngel has some comp, unless he gets a 4th o__O Lol I can't even get one :p Doesn't help that I didn't get any hunting done yesterday due to Brawl. Lol its too fun. I've got no work today so I'll have plenty of time to SR. Hunting Snorlax on LG. I need something to shine :p

Good luck to everyone hunting! Anyone wanting to battle on Brawl PM me!

Congrats on the shiny Giratina, Helio! Anyway, I'm taking a break from shiny Lugia for a while. I forgot how many SRs that I have so far.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Thanks guys. ^.^

I changed ID's again in FR, in the hopes of getting shiny Squirtle. My new ID number is 13666 (gasp! Evil number!)

I haven't really done much hunting in 3rd gen lately; I've been trying to complete LG so that I can trade my shiny Bulbasaur to Emerald and start SR'ing for one of the other legendary birds (probably Articuno).

Good luck guys.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hey, Congrats on the Shiny Giratina Helio!
I've taken a break from my gameboy; I've got no charger for now, so my battery will have to stay on the red :(
I've done approximately 300 resets for Kecleon, I beleive, so there's nothing new for me...yet... ;)

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
After 2 years, 5 months and 15 days, shiny Moltres is finally mine :D. I was originally SRing for it in LeafGreen but turned that off and put FireRed in the DS instead. I did 5 SR's when I noticed the pink fire bird slide across the screen, the sparkles made me jump around in happiness.

I proceeded to battle it with my Snorlax, who didn't do a lot of damage, but it did manage a critical hit to bring it to half HP. I then used Yawn and waited for it to fall asleep, before I chucked Ultra Balls at it. I threw 5 of them at it, before it woke up and killed my Snorlax. I switched to another Pokemon and proceeded to throw more Ultra Balls at it, and poof, shiny Moltres was in the bag :D. Here are the pictures:

Battle pics:

shiny Moltres appeared
Gotcha, nickname screen
DS

Shiny Moltres:

Careful nature
Stats

EDIT: Now I'm up to 2 for March Madness, next target is Zapdos.

Last edited:

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
moltres shiny form looks real sweet, congrats S_D, and good luck on your zapdos hunt

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Nice going on the shiny Moltres SD. It looks lovely, doesn't it? Didn't someone else on here get a Careful natured shiny Moltres?

Hey, would you like to race; you for Zapdos and me for Articuno?

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hey congrats on the shiny moltres S_D! 2 years really paid off! Tbh, I feel happy for you :)

Last edited:
Congratualtions on the Shiny Moltres S_D. Now the only person who has yet to get Shiny Moltres is...

Me...Should I ever be bothered to get any hunting done. I'm still stabbing myself with rusty needles until Brawl comes out in the UK. Got an infected arm now and I'm going to hospital later today. -_-;

Good Luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.