• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Kacho

You are next.
For family issues.. is it better to hold your tongue from blasting come backs or swallow your thoughts and have one less arguments? >_>

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
For family issues.. is it better to hold your tongue from blasting come backs or swallow your thoughts and have one less arguments? >_>

Those two options sound about the same to me. Hold your tongue; prevent from having arguments. I think whether or not you should hold your tongue depends on what it is that you're arguing about. If it's something petty, like whether you should buy plain or cinnamon applesauce, let it go. If it's something dire or life-changing, like whether or not you should consider putting someone in a nursing home, you should probably add your two cents to the discussion. Of course, no matter what the discussion is about, if everyone is arguing, heated, and loud, nothing will get done, and no one will be listened to, no matter how wise their contribution may be. People seem to think that being the loudest makes them the most correct, which is not true. Serious discussions need to take place in a calm and respectful manner.

Kacho

You are next.
Those two options sound about the same to me. Hold your tongue; prevent from having arguments. I think whether or not you should hold your tongue depends on what it is that you're arguing about. If it's something petty, like whether you should buy plain or cinnamon applesauce, let it go. If it's something dire or life-changing, like whether or not you should consider putting someone in a nursing home, you should probably add your two cents to the discussion. Of course, no matter what the discussion is about, if everyone is arguing, heated, and loud, nothing will get done, and no one will be listened to, no matter how wise their contribution may be. People seem to think that being the loudest makes them the most correct, which is not true. Serious discussions need to take place in a calm and respectful manner.

let me add on to that...
how about dealing with family members (mother and sister), who pretty much 99.9999% of the time thinks they are right, and you are the youngest person in the family?

Anus

Banned
General advice for anyone - learn to cook. Even if it's just simple recipes like a stir fry, it'll come in handy to know how to prepare food, eat healthily and cheaply. Cooking is an essential skill, if you're young, ask your parents to help you prepare a meal.

Also don't do cocaine.

*IZ*

General advice for anyone - learn to cook. Even if it's just simple recipes like a stir fry, it'll come in handy to know how to prepare food, eat healthily and cheaply. Cooking is an essential skill, if you're young, ask your parents to help you prepare a meal.

Also don't do cocaine.
Nobody's going to listen to some guy called "Anus" j/s

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.

Also don't do cocaine.

why, do you live with roommates who don't know how to cook and have terrible diet of takeouts?
are you in college or beyond college?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
So my computer with all my music went kaput and I recently got a new one. Now I have no music that I downloaded anymore so when I download iTunes I'll only have the songs I bought. I'll be going from about 350 songs to 90. Should I redownload the songs before I sync up my iPod again or just sync it and then slowly download it?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
you'll loose all your unbought songs, if you Link and Sync, and the way things are going you might even get in trouble if iTunes Store can see what you have vs what you bought. But thats why you always back up your music video files!

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
So my computer with all my music went kaput and I recently got a new one. Now I have no music that I downloaded anymore so when I download iTunes I'll only have the songs I bought. I'll be going from about 350 songs to 90. Should I redownload the songs before I sync up my iPod again or just sync it and then slowly download it?
Sync up the iPod first. I've downloaded two copies of the same song on more than one occasion because I didn't sync.

Anus

Banned
why, do you live with roommates who don't know how to cook and have terrible diet of takeouts?
are you in college or beyond college?

I'm beyond college. People starting from a young age should take an active interest in food and cooking. Yeah it might be easier to call for pizza, but actually preparing a healthy meal can be a lot cheaper than getting take out. When I have kids I want to teach them to cook froma young age, so that they have the skills to live healthily, eat right and take care of themselves. I am enuthastic about cooking and food, and I just think people should educate themselves a bit more on the food they put in their body. I do eat unhealthy food, but I try my best to eat as healthily as possible.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
If you still have the computer I can help you with this as I had the same problem.
you'll loose all your unbought songs, if you Link and Sync, and the way things are going you might even get in trouble if iTunes Store can see what you have vs what you bought. But thats why you always back up your music video files!

Itunes gives this many. --> 0.

Prelude

Prelude
If you still have your old hard drive then you could take that out and dig through the files to find the iTunes library. Hopefully you consolidated all your files or have them stored somewhere predictable.

Same thing happened with my old laptop, luckily all of my data was untouched. Flashing BIOS is not for the unprepared.

Fatal

Banned
Okay so I found some rare lizard in the neighborhood and apparently it is like a blue bearded dragon or something. It's very rare and they are an endangered species. It belongs to a scientist that works at my cousin's school, and apparently my 9-year-old cousin and all of his classmates are all really sad about the disappearance of the stupid thing. So I looked online and apparently I can sell it for close to 9k (that's nine thousand dollars). I've been feeding it whatever leftovers I have from work cus I don't know what to feed the damn thing. The other day I fed it some chicken nuggets and now he looks really fat. What do I do? Do I make my cousin and his brat friends happy or do I sell the rare lizard and buy a new car?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Send a note to the school with newspaper clippings saying you have the lizard, and if they won't pay 9K sell it.

Fatal

Banned
I was trying to figure out what kind of things a rare lizard would like to eat and these are the things I've ruled out so far:

-sponges
-chicken nuggets
-double cheeseburger bun
-eggs

and I tried feeding it a blueberry muffin that I dropped in a puddle and it climbed on top of it and licked it a little bit with its weird looking lizard tongue, but it didn't like that either.

I am gonna try feeding him a snake tomorrow. Maybe he will like to eat a corn snake.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I was trying to figure out what kind of things a rare lizard would like to eat and these are the things I've ruled out so far:

-sponges
-chicken nuggets
-double cheeseburger bun
-eggs

and I tried feeding it a blueberry muffin that I dropped in a puddle and it climbed on top of it and licked it a little bit with its weird looking lizard tongue, but it didn't like that either.

I am gonna try feeding him a snake tomorrow. Maybe he will like to eat a corn snake.

I'm think return it to the school. It's the right thing to do - money can't buy happiness.

PS Try feeding it vegetables and insects if you find any, crickets especially.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Depends on how you define true happiness.

Sapphire Dragon

A Silver soul.
Money can make people happy, but it would be short term. After they've done whatever they felt like doing with the money, unless they used it proactively (i.e. investing, retirement, donation, etc) then they will go back to feeling just like they had before after it's gone.