• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
A few years ago I got rejected by a girl after a few months talking to her. It has lowered my confidence in building relationships if people will think it's fine to make someone think they have a definite chance but end up saying no. Is there any way I can imply to girls I don't want to talk to them frequently if they will never have any interest in me?

She is a tease, and you don't want to date a tease in the first place.

As for other girls, every once in awhile flirt with them, but don't make it to awkward, as the causes a whole other mess of problems.

Not entirely sure what you're implying here. She spoke to me on several occasions about her feelings for me, and then proceeded to treat me like garbage.

He wasn't even talking to you, bro......

Houka

Not entirely sure what you're implying here. She spoke to me on several occasions about her feelings for me, and then proceeded to treat me like garbage.

Sounds like you've been played. Either she lost interested with you or she may have been using you for one reason or another. I would just enore her and move on.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
She is a tease, and you don't want to date a tease in the first place.

As for other girls, every once in awhile flirt with them, but don't make it to awkward, as the causes a whole other mess of problems.

I was kind of hoping the first sentence of this post was being funny the same way Bel's was, but I'm pretty sure you're serious.

Talking to someone does not make you a "tease." It does not mean you are romantically interested in someone. It does not mean you owe them anything just because you talked to them. Unoin needs to get over himself, grow up, and move on. It's as simple as that. (Which could honestly be said for just about every young man who has sought advice in this thread.)

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
I was kind of hoping the first sentence of this post was being funny the same way Bel's was, but I'm pretty sure you're serious.

Talking to someone does not make you a "tease." It does not mean you are romantically interested in someone. It does not mean you owe them anything just because you talked to them. Unoin needs to get over himself, grow up, and move on. It's as simple as that. (Which could honestly be said for just about every young man who has sought advice in this thread.)

It was a joke, just so you know, I was being serious on the second line though.

Unoin

BS. I made her happy and now I'm damaged permanantly while she walks away scot free. How is this a morally acceptable thing to do?

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
BS. I made her happy and now I'm damaged permanantly while she walks away scot free. How is this a morally acceptable thing to do?

Because she doesn't owe you jack for being nice to her. You are not damaged permanently from one rejection. Get over your victim complex and grow a pair.

Grey Wind

Also throwing out that blaming her for rejecting you is idiotic. She's not obligated to go out with you just because you're attracted to her, and nothing about rejecting you was morally wrong. She can go out with whoever she likes. Also, your idea that you can't be friends with a girl unless there's a potential relationship is dumb and misogynistic.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed

smh, my advise is too ignore all these playa haters, they obv just dont get u. nex ttime u start taking to a chick jsut let here know what your all about ;) works everytime so u know whose a ho and whose down 2 get down lol

Unoin

OK, for the record, I'm friends with her and I'm damaged in the sense that I worry this will happen to me again with a different girl/s. Is there any way to prevent me from being "played" again?

Just tell her she looks fat in whatever clothing she is wearing. Ultimate payback.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
OK, for the record, I'm friends with her and I'm damaged in the sense that I worry this will happen to me again with a different girl/s. Is there any way to prevent me from being "played" again?

There will always be women who will hurt you until you find the one you'll end up with indefinitely. Even then, life doesn't become peaches and rainbows. The problem shouldn't be avoiding heartache, but learning to cope with it.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3

Be upfront and honest. Ask a girl out

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Ok really
You got rejected get over it. Plenty of other women to obsess over.
There will always be women who will hurt you until you find the one you'll end up with indefinitely. Even then, life doesn't become peaches and rainbows. The problem shouldn't be avoiding heartache, but learning to cope with it.

You've made a brilliant turnaround haven't you?

Well, I don't think that's the first thing you should say, talk and flirt with her for a bit first.
Isn't this, oh I dunno, A GIVEN?

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
You've made a brilliant turnaround haven't you?

I've made no turn-around. Keep in mind, in my question posed, all I inquired about was methods of coping. I fully acknowledged from the beginning that the initial problem was no one's fault but my own.

Edit: I hate simply responding to someone without staying on-topic, but the more I look, the more it's obvious that what needs to be said has all been said. Basically, "sorry that happened bro, but she's not obligated to give you anything in return. It sucks, but push on and try for the next one."

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Feeling so paranoid on these forums lately, I don't know why and I can't help it.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master