• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Zazie

So 1991
Well, I don't think that's the first thing you should say, talk and flirt with her for a bit first.

Bad advice. Obviously it is important to introduce yourself first, but the whole "butter people up" thing is pretty dumb. Particularly if one is a person asking for dating tips on an online forum. (which suggests they aren't exactly a smooth operator to begin with) The point isn't to try and trick or persuade someone to date you, either they are interested or they aren't.

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Just being snapped at, people also come off very harshly. It makes me feel horrible.

This is the internet. Serebii does have some people that seem to take every opportunity to bash others, yeah, but you'll find that anywhere. Relative to other forums I'm frequented, I can safely say that this is one of the friendlier ones.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Bad advice. Obviously it is important to introduce yourself first, but the whole "butter people up" thing is pretty dumb. Particularly if one is a person asking for dating tips on an online forum. (which suggests they aren't exactly a smooth operator to begin with) The point isn't to try and trick or persuade someone to date you, either they are interested or they aren't.

I don't think you can decide if you want to go on a date with someone just by looks.

Also parachomp, stop insulting TTGL I like it.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I don't think you can decide if you want to go on a date with someone just by looks.

That's where I disagree, Jonny-boy. The best relationships start by meeting someone and deciding you want to know them better based on first impressions. Oftentimes, a short conversation and their appearance are the only two things you have to go off of. The date, then, is perpetrated with intent on getting to know each other better, and learning if you're willing to move on from "a date" to "dating."

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
How did you know!?

Just being snapped at, people also come off very harshly. It makes me feel horrible.

I wouldn't take it personally. I agree with Rayze Darr. I know it can be a bit too much sometimes but it's best just to do your own thing

That's where I disagree, Jonny-boy. The best relationships start by meeting someone and deciding you want to know them better based on first impressions. Oftentimes, a short conversation and their appearance are the only two things you have to go off of. The date, then, is perpetrated with intent on getting to know each other better, and learning if you're willing to move on from "a date" to "dating."

I think each person has different luck with this. Looks can be deceiving sometimes. I usually have bad luck with this...my advice would be to just focus on getting to know someone first, instead of having the pressure of wanting to ask someone on a date.

Sometimes people click, sometimes they don't. I don't understand why people get hung over having a boyfriend or girlfriend so early and so often. Don't stress over it, people come and people go. Focus on things going on in your life

Last edited:

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
This is the internet. Serebii does have some people that seem to take every opportunity to bash others, yeah, but you'll find that anywhere. Relative to other forums I'm frequented, I can safely say that this is one of the friendlier ones.

I agree with this 100%.

The reason I don't visit many other forums that I used to visit regularly is because the overall atmosphere is so tense all the time. People just love to lash out at other people who have a different opinion, at least here there is some understanding towards fellow human beings.

Unoin

I am over it, I just don't want something similiar to happen again. I can take a simple no from some girl I just met, but over an extended period I expect more

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I am over it, I just don't want something similiar to happen again. I can take a simple no from some girl I just met, but over an extended period I expect more

So quit expecting more than friendship. Problem solved. You aren't entitled to a relationship just because you were friends with her.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

Well this kind of entitlement no wonder why nobody wants to be more than "just friends"

Smokay

Let madness take you
I'll make this brief...

A girl that i was "besties" with for about a year now, who has helped me with my personal problems(and I helped with hers) is now getting herself and those sheep she calls friends to block me on Facebook, and is sworn to never talk to me again. This is because after she said she was done with me, a promise I made to keep shut about her cutting and pill problems no longer applied and I reported them to the guidance department. I used to almost depend on this girl for some things and now I need advice on moving on. The worst part is she's such a social butterfly that i can't really avoid her; I'll pretty much always have her as a mutual friend as long as I live in this town. I'm even at her bus stop.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I'll make this brief...

A girl that i was "besties" with for about a year now, who has helped me with my personal problems(and I helped with hers) is now getting herself and those sheep she calls friends to block me on Facebook, and is sworn to never talk to me again. This is because after she said she was done with me, a promise I made to keep shut about her cutting and pill problems no longer applied and I reported them to the guidance department. I used to almost depend on this girl for some things and now I need advice on moving on. The worst part is she's such a social butterfly that i can't really avoid her; I'll pretty much always have her as a mutual friend as long as I live in this town. I'm even at her bus stop.

Why would wait to report her? If you were really her friend, you would have done this from the start. I mean, you weren't in a relationship with her so it shouldn't be too hard to move on.

Either make up for leave her be.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I'll make this brief...

I'm very sorry that happened. It'd be best to just ignore her and her "friends". Although I'm confused...she's done with you because you reported her problems? Or you reported them because she said she was done with you?

I'd try to focus on school and find a friend you have things in common with and can pal around with.

Smokay

Let madness take you
I'm very sorry that happened. It'd be best to just ignore her and her "friends". Although I'm confused...she's done with you because you reported her problems? Or you reported them because she said she was done with you?

I'd try to focus on school and find a friend you have things in common with and can pal around with.

I reported her after she said she was done with me, now she's pretty much sworn to avoiding me. I attempted to apologize through a friend, to no avail.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I reported her after she said she was done with me, now she's pretty much sworn to avoiding me. I attempted to apologize through a friend, to no avail.

Honestly, if she's sworn to avoiding you, blocked you on facebook, and wants nothing to do with you, it sounds like she's done all of the hard work for you already. Just because you see her around town or at the bus stop doesn't mean you have to interact with her. It sounds like she doesn't want anything to do with you and you don't seem to lament the loss of her friendship so it should be pretty easy to move forward.

Smokay

Let madness take you
Honestly, if she's sworn to avoiding you, blocked you on facebook, and wants nothing to do with you, it sounds like she's done all of the hard work for you already. Just because you see her around town or at the bus stop doesn't mean you have to interact with her. It sounds like she doesn't want anything to do with you and you don't seem to lament the loss of her friendship so it should be pretty easy to move forward.
So, what do I do about others who are against me, when logically it isn't their problem anyway, taking whatever one-sided exaggeration she told them and following suit, hence my sheep reference?