• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Yes but what if someone lie on the internet? I can't really check their body language in that case...

Well, you could insist that all your communication with him be done over Skype or something like that. May I ask what he lied about?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Ze, you worry to much. I understand about the getting in trouble part, but it's almost impossible to know the truth from a lie every time. I'd say the best bet is to accept people at their word until they prove themselves dishonest. It has it's pit falls I know but it beats the alternative of assuming everyone is a liar.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Request for the Japanese Members...

I am an aspiring young artist in the United States. Recently, I have come back to school for my sophomore year and wish to draw and paint sites to be found in Japan. If anyone is willing, I am inquiring as to who might want to help me in my artwork by posting pictures of areas you live in. Specifically, I am very interested in painting a scene in the Nishiki fish market of Tokyo, mountain views, traditional shrines, kyorans, bamboo groves, the neon signs of Tokyo, cherry blossom scenes (wrong time of year but for the future), Japanese cuisine (sushi, udon, hiya-yakko, tama-negi, etc.), geisha, wilderness scenes, wildlife, and of course, the beautiful people of Japan!

I would be very thankful to anyone who would help me further my artistic capabilities by giving me something I would enjoy drawing. Japan seems to be the biggest thing on my mind right now, and I am so excited to think that one day I might be able to live in such a wonderful country. I would LOVE to be able to use pictures of Japan for artwork.

Thank you for reading.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
I am an aspiring young artist in the United States. Recently, I have come back to school for my sophomore year and wish to draw and paint sites to be found in Japan. If anyone is willing, I am inquiring as to who might want to help me in my artwork by posting pictures of areas you live in. Specifically, I am very interested in painting a scene in the Nishiki fish market of Tokyo, mountain views, traditional shrines, kyorans, bamboo groves, the neon signs of Tokyo, cherry blossom scenes (wrong time of year but for the future), Japanese cuisine (sushi, udon, hiya-yakko, tama-negi, etc.), geisha, wilderness scenes, wildlife, and of course, the beautiful people of Japan!

I would be very thankful to anyone who would help me further my artistic capabilities by giving me something I would enjoy drawing. Japan seems to be the biggest thing on my mind right now, and I am so excited to think that one day I might be able to live in such a wonderful country. I would LOVE to be able to use pictures of Japan for artwork.

Thank you for reading.

I can't post any pictures (I'm not from Japan), but I'm sure you could find some of what you're looking for by searching around image search engines or articles online and printing them out.

Ang3l

I just got a puppy. I don't know how old it is, but I do know the breed (tenderfeild terrior x jack russel). It won't sleep at night time and I need some help fixing it. He goes to bed at around 9-10pm, but wakes up 2-3 hours later and starts whimpering, he wont stop until I let him out of his room and if I attempt to put him back in his room he cries again. So my question is this:
Why won't my puppy stay asleep?

Astinus

He's a young dog in a new location and feeling scared and alone. That's why he stops crying when you take him out of the room, because he sees you and sees that he isn't alone or abandoned.

Make sure that he gets plenty of exercise during the day and doesn't sleep in the late evenings so he's more tired when it's time for bed. Make sure that he is let out so he can do his business before settling down. If he's young, he might need to go out again during the night, and that's why he's crying. If that happens, let him out to do his business and then bring him right back to his room. You can also give him an old article of clothing that smells like you to sleep with.

Though I should warn that constantly checking on him every time he cries during the night will lead to trouble. If he doesn't have to go outside and is just crying because he's scared or alone, you going to check on him rewards his crying, which you won't want to do.

Hope this helps.

Ang3l

He's a young dog in a new location and feeling scared and alone. That's why he stops crying when you take him out of the room, because he sees you and sees that he isn't alone or abandoned.

Make sure that he gets plenty of exercise during the day and doesn't sleep in the late evenings so he's more tired when it's time for bed. Make sure that he is let out so he can do his business before settling down. If he's young, he might need to go out again during the night, and that's why he's crying. If that happens, let him out to do his business and then bring him right back to his room. You can also give him an old article of clothing that smells like you to sleep with.

Though I should warn that constantly checking on him every time he cries during the night will lead to trouble. If he doesn't have to go outside and is just crying because he's scared or alone, you going to check on him rewards his crying, which you won't want to do.

Hope this helps.

I have given him my old dressing gown to sleep with, but he still cries. I thought he was lonely because he used to have a sister puppy at night, but she got taken away and that's when he started not sleeping, but I've tried putting him to bed WITH me so he's not lonely and he just won't go to sleep. I've been letting him out to do his business, but he still doesn't wanna go back to sleep once he's done. He's soo cute, but it's driving me (and my family) crazy because he won't be quiet lol.

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Straight foward question from a straight foward guy:

My friend just got dumped, pretty hard, and she can't sleep at night, is there something I can do to help? She saod that whenever she tries to sleep, she thinks of him and she ends up crying and pulling another "all-nighter".

Last edited:

Ang3l

My friend just got dumped, pretty hard, and she can't sleep at night, is there something I can do to help? She saod that whenever she tries to sleep, she thinks of him and she ends up crying and pulling another "all-nighter".

I've actually been in a situation like this myself. I know it's not what you want to hear, but there's nothing you can do except try to keep her mind off it. Try to keep her happy and distracted especially around bed time. Maybe you could text or call her late at night and talk to her until she falls asleep? Other than keeping her mind off it, there's not alot you can do I'm afraid =(

Spookz

Lumos

I've had a few rough nights like this. Aside from the obvious sleeping pills there isn't much to do. Sometimes if I have trouble sleeping I have a hard drink like brandy, but I don't know if your friend is of legal age.

Ang3l's suggestion is probably the best next thing, or reading before bed. I find my mind is less likely to wander onto unfriendly territory when I'm tired from reading, or after having a good, meaningful conversation with a friend. I often find that after opening up to someone else (or even writing in a journal) my mind is much more at ease.

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
^ That's fine with me, i've seen people 6 years apart. As long as its not painfully obvious or the older person is completely "owning" the younger person it's fine. Though if it's by decade then I see something kind of creepy.

Personality > Appearance, but at least look presentable is my advice to anything.

*IZ*

Two school aged kids that are two grades apart and dating/in a relationship: Okay or not okay?

If you think about it, dating 2 grades apart is pretty strangle. Example 6 grader dating a 4th grader.
If theyre in high school or college its fine. Age difference doesnt matter much if theyre both adults, unless if its like 20+ years apart. [my parents are like 6 years apart]

dragontamer98

Modern Genocide
Thnx for the advice! ;3

Two school aged kids that are two grades apart and dating/in a relationship: Okay or not okay?

I'd say theres no okay or not okay. If they really love each other, they wont care about the age difference or what other people say. Of course it might be ackward if they are elementary kids...

Shuam

righteous
No that's horribly disgusting.

My two best friends start dating after something happened while they were drunk together. Ends horribly. I'm stuck in the middle, what do? I brought them together that cursed night.

Guy disliked girl before girl went straight to third base. Guy was ****ing infatuated with girl after that night, and girl just felt like dating. Guy wanted to lose virginity to girl, girl just wanted to date. Girl says hey you're too damn obsessed with me I don't want a relationship yo. Guy still wants relationship. They get drunk again and he starts feeling her up, she is angry. I have to take random guy to ER and bring guy friend with me, he tells me he thinks she's ****ing crazy and that he wasn't feeling her up.

What to believe, oh what to believe.

Last edited:

Ioneos

old geezer
^ Woah wild party man
I say tell the dude what happened (if he didn't already know). Achohol does lots of strange things. I wouldn't take it seriously at all, just the stuff in his blood stream. Then ask both ofthem what they think WHILE SOBER. Then let them make the decision.

Ang3l

A 9th grader dating a 7th grader isn't weird at all, it's only a 2 year difference. A 12th grader dating a 7th grader, now THAT'S a little strange, but still not entirely disgusting depending on the circumstances. If they're happy with each other then it's ok =)

Doodles

Espurr will HM01 you
A 9th grader dating a 7th grader isn't weird at all, it's only a 2 year difference. A 12th grader dating a 7th grader, now THAT'S a little strange, but still not entirely disgusting depending on the circumstances. If they're happy with each other then it's ok =)

Are you kidding!? A 12th grader is ~18 years old, a 7th grader is ~12-13. That is NOT okay.

Half the elder's age + 7.

Of course, this equation doesn't allow for relationships between people under the age of 14. Perhaps that was by design.