• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Ryuken

Steel User
I always get really hungry really quickly, even after big meals. And then I never really know what to snack on because I never really feel like anything. Has anybody got any easy snack ideas which are tasty and filling?

Natural snacks like popcorn (Without butter or salt, prep. without oil.), pistachios, peanuts and grapes are often filling in low quantities and give just a few calories per portion.
Depending on the individual, it is often recommended to eat only about a "fist".
Fruits and vegetables are also an ideal form of a snack.

There are a variety of recipes you can find of healthy snacks, but the difference in calories between those and a couple of pistachios is noticeable.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I always get really hungry really quickly, even after big meals. And then I never really know what to snack on because I never really feel like anything. Has anybody got any easy snack ideas which are tasty and filling?

Natural snacks like popcorn (Without butter or salt, prep. without oil.), pistachios, peanuts and grapes are often filling in low quantities and give just a few calories per portion.
Depending on the individual, it is often recommended to eat only about a "fist".
Fruits and vegetables are also an ideal form of a snack.

There are a variety of recipes you can find of healthy snacks, but the difference in calories between those and a couple of pistachios is noticeable.

I agree with Ryuken - nuts are more filling than you think they are. I personally prefer macadamias, pistachios, almonds, and cashews. But you do have to be careful not to eat tons and tons of them because nuts can be fatty depending on what they are. Fruits are also a great snack, but you have to eat a LOT of them to get enough calories to fill you up. This might sound really weird, but a snack that I eat all the time when I'm hungry at night is lunchmeat (cold cut) ham slices on top of sliced cucumber. I thought it was a strange combination too until I tried it, and it's actually really good.

I'm starting to feel distant from my friends. I'm starting college soon, and I'm really getting the ball rolling when it comes to being a productive adult in society. It seems as though they only really care about playing Pokemon and Yugioh all day, and they dislike the fact I'm starting to do other things now, like study. I don't really appreciate that they aren't being that supportive of me.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I'm in a really difficult situation. I've been talking to three girls for a while (all go to school with me) and I know one of them likes me, so I've talked to her a lot over the last couple of days. I like her a lot, and I've said that we should go see a movie sometime. But I actually like the other two more, and the only reason I haven't asked one of them out is because I'm afraid of rejection. The reason I haven't asked the first one out yet is because I want to hold out for the other two. Have I made a mistake in talking to the first one so much, that it seems like I like them (I also said I would give them cuddles, I know that was a mistake) when I actually like someone else more?

I know this sounds like I'm just some player that has no respect for women, but I really care about all three of the girls and would feel horrible asking out one of the other two when it seemed I would ask the first one out. But I'm not sure if I want to go out with the first one in case I miss out on an opportunity elsewhere, or I make the relationship bad by not loving her as much as I should. Please help.

VS

they/she
Yea so I want to know if I should change schools next year.
If you've seen my latest post my Granny is sick, but she'll be home, but can't watch my brother and I anymore. What we'd usually do is go to her house and our mom would pick us up. Should I go, let's call it FJH, where I'd go home straight from school, or go to MJH and go to her house. Also, I'm going to FJH's high school so if I go there I'll have Friends for high school.

Ryuken

Steel User
I'm starting to feel distant from my friends. I'm starting college soon, and I'm really getting the ball rolling when it comes to being a productive adult in society. It seems as though they only really care about playing Pokemon and Yugioh all day, and they dislike the fact I'm starting to do other things now, like study. I don't really appreciate that they aren't being that supportive of me.
You are simply starting to grow up, consider yourself fortunate, you are maturating a bit quicker than your friends.
They simply dont see a reason to change their life style, and have yet to realize things are changing. New things start coming up, and one has to prioritize trivial ones (such as playing videogames) over important ones, like school and sometimes, work.
I recommend to just give them time, they will grow up eventually, depending on age of course. If this situation is bothering you too much, consider looking for new friends with similar likes. (Not saying you should abandon them, but consider other options as well.)
I'm in a really difficult situation. I've been talking to three girls for a while (all go to school with me) and I know one of them likes me, so I've talked to her a lot over the last couple of days. I like her a lot, and I've said that we should go see a movie sometime. But I actually like the other two more, and the only reason I haven't asked one of them out is because I'm afraid of rejection. The reason I haven't asked the first one out yet is because I want to hold out for the other two. Have I made a mistake in talking to the first one so much, that it seems like I like them (I also said I would give them cuddles, I know that was a mistake) when I actually like someone else more?

I know this sounds like I'm just some player that has no respect for women, but I really care about all three of the girls and would feel horrible asking out one of the other two when it seemed I would ask the first one out. But I'm not sure if I want to go out with the first one in case I miss out on an opportunity elsewhere, or I make the relationship bad by not loving her as much as I should. Please help.
The first thing you should do, is simply decide who you really want to have a relationship with. Maybe you see the others as close friends or even (Forgive me for the expression) "back up plan". A somewhat "easy" way of deciding, is to picture yourself in a long term relationship with any of them.
Ask yourself these questions:
Do i really like them? Would we be happy with this? What we would end up doing? and most importantly, Will it work out?
If you are afraid of rejection from the other 2, but not from this girl, it could mean you are not fearing of "loosing much" if things go wrong with the girl you asked out. Maybe you like another girl much more. Most importantly, if you don't feel comfortable with this girl, its better to end things soon, rather than have her live a pointless "false" relationship.
And yes, you in fact made a mistake. For multiple obvious reasons, one should not be dating multiple individuals at once, it shows little respect for them, as well as what litttle you care for their well being.
Also, consider and study what you just said: ". But I'm not sure if I want to go out with the first one in case I miss out on an opportunity elsewhere"
Yea so I want to know if I should change schools next year.
If you've seen my latest post my Granny is sick, but she'll be home, but can't watch my brother and I anymore. What we'd usually do is go to her house and our mom would pick us up. Should I go, let's call it FJH, where I'd go home straight from school, or go to MJH and go to her house. Also, I'm going to FJH's high school so if I go there I'll have Friends for high school.
My personally opinion (Probably not the best one, or the most "efficient one) is to stay in the school you are currently attending to. From what you have said previously in your posts, you care about your school, specially your football team. Consider that if you move to another school, you might be seeing your grandmother less time, and in my personal experience, it is something one should avoid, or risk deeply regretting it in the future.
Keep in mind that changing from one school to another will greatly change your life style, maybe for the better, but keep in mind it can go wrong as well.

DMerle

Guess who's back

Invite each one to hang out and spend time with them, see which you like the most, which you're most compatible with and the ask her out. Hell if she says no you've got two backups.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
The first thing you should do, is simply decide who you really want to have a relationship with. Maybe you see the others as close friends or even (Forgive me for the expression) "back up plan". A somewhat "easy" way of deciding, is to picture yourself in a long term relationship with any of them.
Do i really like them? Would we be happy with this? What we would end up doing? and most importantly, Will it work out?
If you are afraid of rejection from the other 2, but not from this girl, it could mean you are not fearing of "loosing much" if things go wrong with the girl you asked out. Maybe you like another girl much more. Most importantly, if you don't feel comfortable with this girl, its better to end things soon, rather than have her live a pointless "false" relationship.
And yes, you in fact made a mistake. For multiple obvious reasons, one should not be dating multiple individuals at once, it shows little respect for them, as well as what litttle you care for their well being.
Also, consider and study what you just said: ". But I'm not sure if I want to go out with the first one in case I miss out on an opportunity elsewhere"

Thanks, these are some interesting points that I will definitely think about.

Invite each one to hang out and spend time with them, see which you like the most, which you're most compatible with and the ask her out. Hell if she says no you've got two backups.

Sure, sure, but if I was rejected by one and then went for the other, wouldn't that make the second girl feel 'second best'?

Ryuken

Steel User
Sure, sure, but if I was rejected by one and then went for the other, wouldn't that make the second girl feel 'second best'?

It will, and most probably she will find out, specially if there is little to no time between each relationship, or even worse, if she is somehow related to the other girl.
Not to mention, this kind of behavior might hurt your chances with other girls in the future, specially if the rumor of you having multiple dates at the same time spreads out.

DMerle

Guess who's back

I can't speak for them but I wouldn't think so, be open with her, tell her you've been hanging out with the other girl but she didn't want a relationship and you want to take her out for dinner just to see what happens. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking multiple girls out on dates, and 99% of us don't strike gold on the first attempt so there's no shame on moving from one chick to the next, especially if you and the first one are gonna stay friends.

VS

they/she
You are simply starting to grow up, consider yourself fortunate, you are maturating a bit quicker than your friends.
They simply dont see a reason to change their life style, and have yet to realize things are changing. New things start coming up, and one has to prioritize trivial ones (such as playing videogames) over important ones, like school and sometimes, work.
I recommend to just give them time, they will grow up eventually, depending on age of course. If this situation is bothering you too much, consider looking for new friends with similar likes. (Not saying you should abandon them, but consider other options as well.)

My personally opinion (Probably not the best one, or the most "efficient one) is to stay in the school you are currently attending to. From what you have said previously in your posts, you care about your school, specially your football team. Consider that if you move to another school, you might be seeing your grandmother less time, and in my personal experience, it is something one should avoid, or risk deeply regretting it in the future.
Keep in mind that changing from one school to another will greatly change your life style, maybe for the better, but keep in mind it can go wrong as well.
I forgot to mention that I'd still see her once/twice a week.
Also my current school is kinda becoming trashy. Last year there were a few school shooting threats and it still scares me.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
So I met this guy at camp, developed a big crush on him, and we exchanged numbers. We texted a lot back and forth and had some pretty nice talks, and we know we'll see each other (sparingly) in the future. But after Thursday of last week, he suddenly stopped texting so much and hasn't texted for the past 2 days. I may be freaking out over it too much but could anyone offer an explanation as to why? He seemed interested...

Ryuken

Steel User
So I met this guy at camp, developed a big crush on him, and we exchanged numbers. We texted a lot back and forth and had some pretty nice talks, and we know we'll see each other (sparingly) in the future. But after Thursday of last week, he suddenly stopped texting so much and hasn't texted for the past 2 days. I may be freaking out over it too much but could anyone offer an explanation as to why? He seemed interested...

There is a high chance you are feeling highly unsure about this long distance relationship, this is fairly normal, and he should talk again after a few days, depending on the situation he is going through.
It is normal to stop texting for a while, specially if you already have this relationship for a long time, as people tend to "calm down" after the first weeks.
He might be having a rough week as well, there are certain situations that might make people feel stressed, and most of the time they rather just rest from the whole ordeal rather than talking with friends/family as they normally would.

Try to talk with him (Not text) and ask him about what is going on with him these days. (Do not ask him why you haven't texted as much, you might make him feel 'pestered")
If you notice he is not interested anymore, or he simply evades conversation, it is better to move on.

Please take in mind that distance relationships are really hard to maintain, as it gives the couple a lot of freedom and time to look for "potentially better" partners.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

If you really are 16 like your profile says you are, then you're definitely old enough to try out a relationship and see how it goes. However, high school is a time in everyone's life when they are discovering a lot about who they are, and people change drastically and rapidly in their high school years. It is difficult to have a long-distance relationship in high school not only because of this, but also because a lot of high schoolers haven't had serious long-term relationships before but also because they're just starting to date and find out what types of people they like, and this might apply to both you and him.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it; he might have gone on vacation or ran out of minutes or something. But if this relationship doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be heartbroken over it either because you're only 16 years old. You have decades more of your life to meet the right person - most people meet the person they marry in college or while they're in their late 20s or early 30s. Use this time to get to know people, learn how to flirt, learn how to date, and learn how to have a relationship. If it works out, then congratulations, but if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

In the short term of texting him, though, I would say give it a couple more days. If he doesn't text you, then just send him a text back that says something like "hey I haven't heard from you in a while; how are you doing?" or something. Or better yet, just give him a call. I definitely agree with Ryuken - NEVER ask him why he hasn't texed. He will feel nagged.

cinderkitteh

Pretteh Kitteh Khat
If you really are 16 like your profile says you are, then you're definitely old enough to try out a relationship and see how it goes. However, high school is a time in everyone's life when they are discovering a lot about who they are, and people change drastically and rapidly in their high school years. It is difficult to have a long-distance relationship in high school not only because of this, but also because a lot of high schoolers haven't had serious long-term relationships before but also because they're just starting to date and find out what types of people they like, and this might apply to both you and him.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it; he might have gone on vacation or ran out of minutes or something. But if this relationship doesn't pan out, I wouldn't be heartbroken over it either because you're only 16 years old. You have decades more of your life to meet the right person - most people meet the person they marry in college or while they're in their late 20s or early 30s. Use this time to get to know people, learn how to flirt, learn how to date, and learn how to have a relationship. If it works out, then congratulations, but if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world.

In the short term of texting him, though, I would say give it a couple more days. If he doesn't text you, then just send him a text back that says something like "hey I haven't heard from you in a while; how are you doing?" or something. Or better yet, just give him a call. I definitely agree with Ryuken - NEVER ask him why he hasn't texed. He will feel nagged.

Thanks for the input guys, helps a lot and makes me feel better. It just weirded me out because at first he was really engaged in conversation, asking me questions and flirting and such, texting me the next day after I was sick to ask how I was doing, and the like, but then he just stopped talking to me regularly. I'll ask him how he's doing in a while. thanks again.

VS

they/she
Yea so I'm probably going to FJH. I'll probably meet up with my friends at a football game against my old school.

Peter Quill

star-lord
Without going into too much detail, I've recently broke up relationship (It was LDR and distance was too hard) and I have absolutely no skills with how to deal with a breakup. It's been days and I'm miserable. What do? Sorry for brevity I just don't want to share too much about it here.

Ryuken

Steel User
Without going into too much detail, I've recently broke up relationship (It was LDR and distance was too hard) and I have absolutely no skills with how to deal with a breakup. It's been days and I'm miserable. What do? Sorry for brevity I just don't want to share too much about it here.

The best way to deal with a breakup is to try and forget about your previous relationship as fast as possible.
I recommend going out with friends, as well as trying to focus on hobbies or other things that you couldn't enjoy in your previous relationship.
Even if it was costly, or very important, it is recommended to get rid of any reminders of her. This includes things such as gifts, teddy bears ,rings and jewelry, and specially photos. (Because it was a LDR, you might want to just avoid things like her Facebook page instead.)
Depending on the time spent on your previous relationship, it might hurt for a couple days, weeks even. But it is important to learn when it is enough and to start moving on to another relationship.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

I'm with Ryuken in that you need to start doing things that you enjoy doing. I wouldn't say try to forget her (or him), because s/he was a part of your life and you shouldn't regret that, but rather focus on your hobbies and interests so that you have something to do, so you stay busy, and so you are able to hang out with other friends/coworkers/people. The worst thing to do during a breakup is mope around and be sad all the time. You can do that for a day or two, but you need to remember how to be happy and single again by focusing on your hobbies and interests.

Ryuken

Steel User
Apologies if this is not the correct place for this kind of post, but i could not find anything resembling help with Misc. Tech. support.
(I would appreciate if anyone could tell me the correct place to post this issue)
Yesterday i had a small power outage that lasted for a few seconds.
However, since then i have been having issues with my wi-fi on my laptop (Ethernet works completely fine). After several reboots of both my router and my laptop, my internet connection started working again, however, it never fully worked on my laptop.
At a glance, everything seems to be fine, but for some reason it appears my connection is limited, as it is barely working, and it can only receive/send small amounts of data. (At least enough to visit this forum)
My laptop seems to be the only device affected by this. Everything else (Phones, my DS, my wife's laptop) seems to be working accordingly. I would really appreciate any help with this issue.