1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Mariya Shidou, Aug 19, 2011.

1. varanus_komodoensis

varanus_komodoensis they call me Varanus

The correct place for this is the Tech Help Forum, although I'm not sure how much traffic it gets. I'd help you with your issue but I'm pretty useless when it comes to fixing electronics. I can barely set up my router correctly :/

2. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

Has anyone here ever dealt with their parents getting divorced? They sat me and my brother and sister down today, and told us flat out. This is completely devastating to me... I cried for the first time in years. I'm looking for advice on how to deal with it, and how to talk to my parents about it. My life will never be the same again. I never thought this would happen; I though my parents loved each other.

3. Ryuken

Ryuken Steel User

While i have no experience in this regard, i can still give you some recommendations that might help a you out a bit. At the very least, they might make you feel a little better.
    -Try talking this with an adult. Anyone helps, specially your close family (Aunts/Uncles), the important thing is that you tell them how you feel about the situation. It is normal to feel scared, anger or loneliness.
    -Try to understand that there are no "sides" in this situation, both are your parents and both suffer from a divorce. No one is right and both are wrong.
    -Find support on your sister. If she is younger than you, this could be devastating for her as well, and she will need her brother.
    -Get into your head that a divorce can happen by a thousand reasons, but never by your fault, or your sister's.
    -Try to understand that this situation might be for the best, if they often fought and rarely spent time together anymore this might have been the best solution.

Keep in mind, that when most parents give their children the bad news, they have thought about it for long. Their decision is most probably final.

4. varanus_komodoensis

varanus_komodoensis they call me Varanus

While I have never dealt with this either, I want to reiterate the most important thing that Ryuken said: it is NOT your fault. You need to remember that, and you need to keep reminding your sister as well that it is not her fault. The most important thing you can do as a big brother is to protect your sister, and make sure that she knows that neither of you are the cause of your parents' divorce and that your parents still love you very much.

5. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be sure to keep it in mind. These next few weeks are going to be tough, but I'll keep trying to get back to normalcy again.

6. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

Here's a question I got an Ipad touch and I was wondering what is the best art app to download for it?

7. Lolsgod

Lolsgod Sexy Trainer

To add on to this wonderful advice I also want to point out to not take sides with either parent. It can be very hard to do but never make them think you like more than another, its a recipe for argument and disaster.

8. Latch

Latch Funky Fresh

The best thing to do is to surround your self with positive people and surroundings. Perhaps taking a couple personal days to enjoy doing fun and sociable things with friends to keep your mind off things.

Definitely do not rush into any other relationships because that's always a bad idea. You may wind up causing yourself more heartbreak than before.

Break ups are also good times to find out a lot about yourself and learn from your past; reflect on what's truly important to you and pursue things that are best for yourself.

Use this new found time in your life to explore opportunities that you couldn't do prior. Eventually, with a good mindset, time will do it's job and you'll find yourself feeling 100x better than you did before. Keep yourself distracted. It's all about time.

9. General Nonsense

General Nonsense Star Glider

So I've been having some neck pain and stiffness and I'm not sure what to do about it. It's becoming a problem since it made it hard to fall asleep. Someone told me to use a heat pad, but I have no idea what to do with that. Do I just leave it on constantly? Does anyone have any other ideas?

10. WildHennaCharizard

WildHennaCharizard Well-Known Member

You can stretch your neck by tilting it to the side of your head (right then left) for 12 seconds per side. Other options include to change your pillow or go see a Chiropractor. Hope this helps.

11. robert150

robert150 Member

Running programmes,has anyone got any for the mile /5000 metre run Also has anyone got a height increase program that adds cms to your height.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  12. Kitt Geekazaru

Kitt Geekazaru Infernape Trainer

So I have a question:
    I have a tablet that runs Android. Recently my only web browser, Google Chrome, has been messing up. It is impossible to see it in my library, my list of apps, and even my web button is gone. I can only access it through the Play Store, where it lists it as disabled. Whenever I re-enable it, it needs an update. I update it every time, but later when I go back into the Play Store it says that it is disabled. Can anyone help? I really need to get it fixed, as I have to use Chrome for school. Another browser won't do.

13. Zazie

Zazie So 1991

Have you tried using other browsers? Sometimes colleges say certain stuff doesn't work on their connections but it actually does.I know my school did that.

I can't really help you on the chrome thing, but you can probably look that up somewhere else, if no one here knows.

14. Sable-Xeno

Sable-Xeno Almighty Idiot

Well, I'm in the middle of a mini-dilemna.

You see, there's this person on here who I was interested in adding as a friend, and while I didn't get any word back on that part, He DID visit my profile page in response. So, I left him a pleasant visitor message., just gushing out of nowhere. (Keep in mind, this person is relatively known for...stuff. That's all I'll say.) But that's not the actual problem- You see, I've noticed that he also has an NNID, and goes on Miiverse, and such. I've thought about offering him a friend Request there, too, but I feel as if I would come off as a stalker. Plus, of those on his friend list, none of his followers are friends, and vice versa, so offering a FR would probably be pointless. What I'm trying to say is...should I attempt to friend him on Miiverse, anyway, despite never once talking to him? Should I wait til' I get the opportunity to talk to him? Or should I drop the matter completely? And if I DO friend request him, what would I possibly say in only 63 characters?

15. VS

VS ♡.♡

How do I get friends at a new school? Simple as that.

16. Murder Doll

Murder Doll Button Presser

Be patient & just passively observe the people around you. If you find a person who enjoys the things you do then try talking to them. Eventually you'll find people you click with and friendships will gradually form as you interact with said people.

17. ellie

ellie Δ Staff Member Admin

dont. it comes across as creepy and stalkery. i would drop it unless he replies to you; not everyone wants to be your friend online esp if this person is well-known and probably busy.

18. torterra_4_the_win

torterra_4_the_win Ya want some?

Wait for him to reply first, you don't want to come off as a stalker. You have to have a VM conversation first and getting to know them before becoming friends IMO. If he doesn't reply at all, you could browse some of the threads he's on and then send him a PM commenting on one of his posts. That's always a good conversation starter. Just make sure you post on the thread as well.

19. Crash & Charm

Crash & Charm Back I guess

Well...
    I always have trouble starting posts in this thread
    Anyhow

My sisters got me really good. And I need good prank Ideas. The're both older and I need creative ideas that aren't too mean.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  20. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

out baby powder in their hair dryer. that should be too bad