• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Shuam

righteous
^ Woah wild party man
I say tell the dude what happened (if he didn't already know). Achohol does lots of strange things. I wouldn't take it seriously at all, just the stuff in his blood stream. Then ask both ofthem what they think WHILE SOBER. Then let them make the decision.

Oh they were "dating" if you'd like to call it that for about 3 weeks. It was mainly just texting nonstop on his part, and eyah. She said she had a little kindergarten crush on him, and he wanted to lose his virginity to her. She didn't want it. He still wanted her when she said nah man it's over. They went to the same party again, he got drunk, she got drunk, he started feeling her up, she was mad about that and told him to stop.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Two school aged kids that are two grades apart and dating/in a relationship: Okay or not okay?

So 2 years apart age wise. That doesn't sound bad at all lol. Only if they're really young should they not be in relationships, but the age gap is hardly unacceptable.

Ang3l

Are you kidding!? A 12th grader is ~18 years old, a 7th grader is ~12-13. That is NOT okay.

I was only 16 in year 12, I forgot that I was younger than everyone else haha. Sorry about that, you're right that is a big gap, definitely not one I would feel comfortable with. I was thinking more along the lines of a 16 year old with a 13 year old still squeezing into the acceptable category (just)

Arceus94

Soooh.. I kinda love this guy.. in my class. he doesn't know, nothing wil happen and I can't get over him.
I can't go to anyone I know, because they don't know i'm.. "on the oposite team"
Love is new to me, and I h8 it. It is distracting and useless, but I still can't help it.
I feel butterflies whenever he talks to me, and I always have to turn away in a retarded manner (Like in movies) or else, I'll blush like an idiot.
I know very well nothing will ever happen with us, but I can't give up on him, even though I've tried. Soooeh.. Any advice? anyone?

No that's horribly disgusting.

My two best friends start dating after something happened while they were drunk together. Ends horribly. I'm stuck in the middle, what do? I brought them together that cursed night.

Guy disliked girl before girl went straight to third base. Guy was ****ing infatuated with girl after that night, and girl just felt like dating. Guy wanted to lose virginity to girl, girl just wanted to date. Girl says hey you're too damn obsessed with me I don't want a relationship yo. Guy still wants relationship. They get drunk again and he starts feeling her up, she is angry. I have to take random guy to ER and bring guy friend with me, he tells me he thinks she's ****ing crazy and that he wasn't feeling her up.

What to believe, oh what to believe.

That's kinda disturbing in my eyes, how old was she if you even know her age? did she look 18 or did she look under 16? if she was under 16 then that guy did something illegal. :O

Spookz

Lumos
Oh they were "dating" if you'd like to call it that for about 3 weeks. It was mainly just texting nonstop on his part, and eyah. She said she had a little kindergarten crush on him, and he wanted to lose his virginity to her. She didn't want it. He still wanted her when she said nah man it's over. They went to the same party again, he got drunk, she got drunk, he started feeling her up, she was mad about that and told him to stop.
Sounds like they need to sit down, sober, and just have an honest talk. Obviously there are a lot more details you could go into but left out for the sake of brevity, but it sounds like he's not really listening to what she's telling him or maybe she's not saying it clearly. It doesn't sound like it's one person's fault more-so than the others, but they are both suffering from miscommunications. Love (or similar) can make you blind, but it seems like he might be in denial, and honestly, he needs to realize what's going on (or not, in this case), deal with the heart break and move on.

It sucks, I've been in a similar situation to his, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Last edited:

Priceless

**** this, i'm out
No that's horribly disgusting.

My two best friends start dating after something happened while they were drunk together. Ends horribly. I'm stuck in the middle, what do? I brought them together that cursed night.

Guy disliked girl before girl went straight to third base. Guy was ****ing infatuated with girl after that night, and girl just felt like dating. Guy wanted to lose virginity to girl, girl just wanted to date. Girl says hey you're too damn obsessed with me I don't want a relationship yo. Guy still wants relationship. They get drunk again and he starts feeling her up, she is angry. I have to take random guy to ER and bring guy friend with me, he tells me he thinks she's ****ing crazy and that he wasn't feeling her up.

What to believe, oh what to believe.

Wow...that's wild.
Really wild.

Yeah, just make them talk about it when they're both sober. Believe me, alcohol really f*cks you up sometimes.

...I was gonna say something else, but I can't remember it...all I remember is that I've had a 3-month period of writer's block. It's just hell.

phoenragon

Mew Trainer
Soooh.. I kinda love this guy.. in my class. he doesn't know, nothing wil happen and I can't get over him.
I can't go to anyone I know, because they don't know i'm.. "on the oposite team"
Love is new to me, and I h8 it. It is distracting and useless, but I still can't help it.
I feel butterflies whenever he talks to me, and I always have to turn away in a retarded manner (Like in movies) or else, I'll blush like an idiot.
I know very well nothing will ever happen with us, but I can't give up on him, even though I've tried. Soooeh.. Any advice? anyone?

If you don't plan on telling him how you feel, then you might as well try to move on. You'll just make yourself miserable pining over him... =/

You can try to find a hobby that you can distract yourself with. That's what I've done in the past when dealing with bad breakups, anyway.

Shuam

righteous
That's kinda disturbing in my eyes, how old was she if you even know her age? did she look 18 or did she look under 16? if she was under 16 then that guy did something illegal. :O
She's my best friend. She's older than me.

Sounds like they need to sit down, sober, and just have an honest talk. Obviously there are a lot more details you could go into but left out for the sake of brevity, but it sounds like he's not really listening to what she's telling him or maybe she's not saying it clearly. It doesn't sound like it's one person's fault more-so than the others, but they are both suffering from miscommunications. Love (or similar) can make you blind, but it seems like he might be in denial, and honestly, he needs to realize what's going on (or not, in this case), deal with the heart break and move on.

It sucks, I've been in a similar situation to his, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Yeah, I was talking with her about it and told her to talk to him so she had a talk with him with him basically just nodding his head and saying uh huh uh huh and that's all that basically went down. I was going to lunch with him then she called me and wanted to know if I wanted to go to lunch and I said yeah so I kind of brought them together like right after their little talk which according to both sides went "ok". Then later I heard him talking **** about her to his friend because we were all at the spa, partaking in different conversations due to the amount of people.

SOO I don't know, I guess he's just gonna dislike her being around from now on, but kind of has to deal with it because myself and her are best friends and me and him are best friends.

Spookz

Lumos
Oh okay! Sorry I'm new on here. And idk this one seemed kinda dead
Not everyone needs advice all the time. It'll pick up, it's far from dead.

SOO I don't know, I guess he's just gonna dislike her being around from now on, but kind of has to deal with it because myself and her are best friends and me and him are best friends.
That's the unfortunate result in these sort of situations. :/ I don't blame him for being upset around her though, I think given some time things will calm down. Obviously things won't return to how they were before, but if the two of them value your friendship (which it sounds like they do) they'll be perfectly civil with one another. Who knows, if enough time passes they may get over it completely.

FroTW

*** gladio et sale
Alright so there's this girl (original right?). There have been multiple times when she's said that i'm sexy or that she loves me and when we hang out with our group of friends she is always hugging or pinching me. I was convinced that she liked me but now she's talking about some guy she's pretty much started dating (she hasn't officially said it but it's pretty obvious).
My question is does she have any feelings for me and if so why the other guy? If she doesn't then why do girls feel the need to do this to us guys?

Alright so there's this girl (original right?). There have been multiple times when she's said that i'm sexy or that she loves me and when we hang out with our group of friends she is always hugging or pinching me. I was convinced that she liked me but now she's talking about some guy she's pretty much started dating (she hasn't officially said it but it's pretty obvious).
My question is does she have any feelings for me and if so why the other guy? If she doesn't then why do girls feel the need to do this to us guys?

Well has she "flirted" with you as of recent? If not then she's probably just moved on to this other guy. If she's doing this all at the same time then she's either goofing off with you, or just exploring her options.

The only real way to find out %100 if she likes you is if you were to ask her (it's obvious, but nobody ever goes this route).

FroTW

*** gladio et sale
Well has she "flirted" with you as of recent? If not then she's probably just moved on to this other guy. If she's doing this all at the same time then she's either goofing off with you, or just exploring her options.

The only real way to find out %100 if she likes you is if you were to ask her (it's obvious, but nobody ever goes this route).

Well, Thusday she borrowed my calculator for like 5 minutes then gave it back with a message claiming that i was sexy, then she asked if i was a virgin cause i look like someone who is a freak in the bed
Part of me wants to ask but it's rare that I'm alone with her (mostly cause my friends don't understand the term "cockblocking") and a good friend of mine was crazy about her last year, he claims to be over her but I don't know for sure

So I'm about to finally get fired from my job that I've been at since 2007.
Long story short, I basically told off my assistant manager because she's a total hypocrite. So she took away all of my hours.

Should I find a new job and quit before they fire me, or let them fire me and be like "BITCHES I'M FREEEEE!!" in her face, to make me feel so much better?

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Long story short, I basically told off my assistant manager because she's a total hypocrite. So she took away all of my hours.

Should I find a new job and quit before they fire me, or let them fire me and be like "BITCHES I'M FREEEEE!!" in her face, to make me feel so much better?

BITCHES IM FREEEEEE! in her face. Tip over the thrash can and leave.

You'll feel high.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan

Think about the next job.

Except you probably won't want to list her as a contact because you called her a hypocrite to her face. :|

Up to you.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens

Don't get fired. It looks awful on job applications. And try to at least patch things up a bit so she gives you a decent reference. It sucks, but that's how you get future jobs.

DooblyDooHaxorus

Sometimes On.....
Okay so this is a new thing.

I need advice for this:

About a year ago I had a rock band. We have since then broken up, due to fighting among the guitarist and bassist, and me and the singer really not taking sides or caring.

At about the start of this Summer, the guitarist started another band with a few inexperienced musicians from our school. I heard them, and they sucked. I didn't say anything though. The guitarist called me today, wanting to try to start a new band with me playing rhythm guitar and singing this time, him playing lead, and the second chair percussionist from our school band (who i'm great friends with) playing drums. We will find a bassist at the place I take music lessons. I wish to have a new band, as I find it very fun, but I don't want to waste more time with another band that could fail for the same reason as the last one.

Any advice?

Cipher_Admin

Creepy Coney Man :)
I need some advice:

New year = New girl. Anyway, I did start to take interest in someone else who is in one of my classes. She looks like a sweet girl. Last Monday, I did sit by her in class, kinda talked about something of my interest, and complimented on how she looked that day by saying, "You look pretty today," and she responded, "Thanks." When the class started, after some of the instructor's words to the class, I told her some funny interpretations of what he said to the class, made her laugh a little. Is her laughing to some of the things I said to her in class a good sign that may lead to a good friendship? I do want to get to know her a little more before even thinking about going out, what should I do? Should I go ahead and get her number the next time I see her in class? Advice please, thanks! :)

MaskedManAbsolkid

I've had LOADS of girls (and some guys) flirt with me yet not love me. They've done some of the stuff you've mentioned there, and more, but they're just being close, flirty friends. It's not always about them loving you.

However, at the same time, she might like you, and these might be clear signs of her flirting.

She seems to like this guy, so my advice is to be a good friend and support her with when she goes out with this guy. It might be difficult, but you'd rather be a good friend than someone who's going to go against her relationships and ultimately be someone she hates. Spend more time with her to see if it's just her being a close friend to you or if she fancies you. I'm the kind of person who has people flirting with me but as close friends and not as someone they'd date. It might be a case of you being a good friend.

It's going to look incredibly bad if it's discovered that you were fired from your previous job. Try and patch things up at least. Look for a new job, but you don't want to leave your job with your assistant manager, and possibly others at the job, hating you. You might not be bothered if they hate you, but your future employers certainly will.

Okay so this is a new thing.

I need advice for this:

About a year ago I had a rock band. We have since then broken up, due to fighting among the guitarist and bassist, and me and the singer really not taking sides or caring.

At about the start of this Summer, the guitarist started another band with a few inexperienced musicians from our school. I heard them, and they sucked. I didn't say anything though. The guitarist called me today, wanting to try to start a new band with me playing rhythm guitar and singing this time, him playing lead, and the second chair percussionist from our school band (who i'm great friends with) playing drums. We will find a bassist at the place I take music lessons. I wish to have a new band, as I find it very fun, but I don't want to waste more time with another band that could fail for the same reason as the last one.

Any advice?

I think you have to take things less seriously, yet still be devoted. The problem with many bands is that they take things too seriously and end up arguing about the future of the band. It depends on whether you see a future in this band or not. Personally, I'd say if you find it fun and you're with friends, then you should take part, but you should make everyone else realise how you feel about the band.

I need some advice:

New year = New girl. Anyway, I did start to take interest in someone else who is in one of my classes. She looks like a sweet girl. Last Monday, I did sit by her in class, kinda talked about something of my interest, and complimented on how she looked that day by saying, "You look pretty today," and she responded, "Thanks." When the class started, after some of the instructor's words to the class, I told her some funny interpretations of what he said to the class, made her laugh a little. Is her laughing to some of the things I said to her in class a good sign that may lead to a good friendship? I do want to get to know her a little more before even thinking about going out, what should I do? Should I go ahead and get her number the next time I see her in class? Advice please, thanks! :)

Her laughing is definetely a good sign. One of the things girls tend to look for in a guy is a good sense of humour. It should lead to a good friendship, but I'd suggest talking to her a bit more before you get her number - get to know her a bit more. Get to know more about what she likes, what she does after school, etc. Then you can get her number and invite her out to places, even just as a friend.