• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
ok so theres this girl right(originol i know) and she went up to me and asked if i got milk....what am i supposed to say after that???

Arceus94

If you don't plan on telling him how you feel, then you might as well try to move on. You'll just make yourself miserable pining over him... =/

You can try to find a hobby that you can distract yourself with. That's what I've done in the past when dealing with bad breakups, anyway.

That hobby part sound like a great idea. And he's really difficult to get over xD
But i'll try :)

Arceus94

Does anyone here have any techniques for dealing with anxiety or depression?

Face your fear! that's my advice. It worked for my friend and her weird phobia against puke :/
Depression.. I don't know. Dealing with it myself too but.. No answer in sight, sorry :(

Spookz

Lumos
If you're feeling depressed then it's best to surround yourself with supportive people. Even if you don't feel like it, hang out with your friends. Stay busy, pick up a new hobby, go for a long walk when you have nothing better to do. The worst thing you can do when feeling depressed is to sit at home alone and wallow in your thoughts, that always makes it worse.

If it starts to get really bad, you want to hurt yourself or start thinking suicidal thoughts, contact a friend or close family member and talk about it.

Ces

Thank you for the replies. I'm getting better, but there are still those days where I just want to lay in bed and do nothing. School starts tomorrow, so that will keep me occupied.

Spookz

Lumos
It happens to a lot of people, it's unfortunate, but true.

School will definitely help you stay busy, and if you feel you're relapsing join a new club. I'm happiest when I'm the busiest. Just don't stay idle and you'll be fine.

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
Well, Thusday she borrowed my calculator for like 5 minutes then gave it back with a message claiming that i was sexy, then she asked if i was a virgin cause i look like someone who is a freak in the bed
Part of me wants to ask but it's rare that I'm alone with her (mostly cause my friends don't understand the term "cockblocking") and a good friend of mine was crazy about her last year, he claims to be over her but I don't know for sure

Her calling you sexy and then asking you if you were a virgin and saying you look like a freak in the bed kind of gives me a feeling that she may like you. Asking her might be a good choice in your situation. It all depends on if she really likes the other guy.

Dear Insanity

above average

If you can pinpoint the time when your anxiety/depression started, you could try and see if there was anything that played a part in causing it, and then attempt to avoid whatever that may be or find a solution to the problem.

If that doesn't work, or there isn't a solid cause, all you can do is surround yourself with happy and uplifting people as much as possible. The more you're alone, the more your depression and anxiety will have time to develop and become worse.

Ces

Thanks again for the kind words. I'm actually starting a new school this year, because I felt I needed a fresh start. A lot of my old classmates weren't the kindest people in the world, but that's a whole different story.

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Just going to express it all out.
I need an outside view on this confession. So I just recently started getting back into the groove of school, I started back in August but it takes time for me to adjust. Sadly I'm the kid thats potentially smart enough to sleep through class but still pass with A-, so I fell asleep in Physics for the past week and I start having dreams. Started to become recurring dreams of like married life, fantasies of your dream girl. I then started to realize that my dream girl actually resembled someone I knew. I met this girl named Chloe back in June and agreed she was cute but added her on fb and occassionally talked and hung out as friends with her group. I never thought of her as more than a friend. After these dreams, I realized she mirrors my "dream girl". She even started saying, "Thats because we think alike, Kyle". But then a really old crush she had just go out of a relationship and was with us at a local fair intown. They were totally on another and my friend Layla knew she was gonna be a rebound for him since he just got out of a year relationship. They claimed to be leaving to grab Taco Bell, Tanner hinted how it was obvious and made the makeout signal and she flipped him off for telling everyone. I felt crushed. I mean I don't have her number, since we both go to different schools. I also don't wanna ruin the friendship we have but these feelings seem to be hard to hide since the old crush on him has reformed. She also hasn't been the luckiest in relationships, Total jerks dating her for maybe two weeks tops, although she did break up with one of my best friends. I've never been interested into a girl through this method, apparently the subconscious method. I'm just curious to outside opinions from reading this situation.

Needs a Deoxys

Wow haven't been here for a while. Here's the story:

Okay so at the beginning of school last year I liked this girl 2 years younger than me. For a couple of reasons I never really talked to her. A) she had a boyfriend B) I'm shy C) I didn't know how she felt about me, etc. So I still thought about her a little from time to time but never pursued a relationship.

So toward the end of the year I caught wind that a girl wanted me to ask her to prom. I also liked this girl (she was my age). So we went to prom and everything seemed great. Then inexplicably this girl wants nothing to do with me and wouldn't even talk to me. I became really depressed ever since spring break. It became inescapable. She was my first love and I didn't know what to do when she ignored me.

Then at the very beginning of summer the original girl (2 years younger than me) facebooks me telling me that she likes me. She said that she knew I was going to college and that it didn't matter but she just wanted to get it off her chest. She went on to say that she always thinks "what if" and didn't want to regret not telling me.

At this point I am still caught in my endless depression trying anything to make the girl I went to prom with like me again. So naturally I told her that I thought she was a great girl but there were a couple reasons why we couldn't be together. She didn't expect us to be plus she already suspected that I liked the girl I went to prom with.

So over the next few months we talk all the time. She deeply likes me and I no longer realize that I like her. I'm still dead set on the girl I went to prom with. Well because she liked me so much she did everything she could to help me get back with the original girl. All she wanted was for me to be happy. Meanwhile this girl has problems of her own. She's really sensitive and basically cried herself to sleep most nights over her problems.

So we continue texting nonstop every day and we became really, really close. I was there for her and she was there for me. We cared about each other like no two people I have ever seen in my life. It takes a really long time for me to realize how great she is and how not so great my prom date was. I was very happy for her when she got a new boyfriend. After all I really didn't like her like that anymore, I was still holding out hope for the girl I hadn't talked to in two months or more.

But then I started to realize something. The prom date never really cared about me and she did. Then one day she tells me how awesome this guy is and that he's just like me and can make her smile and laugh even when she's feeling the worst. That's when it hit me and I immediately wanted to start crying. I had fallen in love with her but couldn't have her. Immediately I no longer cared about the prom date. I could have never been happy with her. I simply didn't know what to do.

So come to find out her new boyfriend wasn't the greatest of guys. He told her all the time that he really liked her. But he never showed it. He wouldn't respond to her texts and he even went to jail for smoking marijuana. She told me that it was okay and that she wouldn't make him change because she really liked him. All the while I kept telling her how great she was (like I had been doing before but even moreso now). I kept telling her that if it didn't work out it would be okay and she would be happy. I told her that there is a guy out there that will treat her right and never break her heart.

Turns out they never officially became a couple because this guy didn't like the 45 minute drive. She was upset because she really wanted it to work out. Now during week and a half period we started to really connect. We kept talking about how much we liked each other without actually saying it. I kept telling her she deserved better, etc. So one day I ask her how things are going with the other guy. She said he hadn't responded to her in about five days or something and that she had given up on him.

So now I figure it's my chance and we keep basically saying we like each other until she says something that makes me finally come out and say it. I tell her everything, the whole story. I told her I wanted to tell her sooner but I didn't feel right interfering with her relationship. She told me it would have been fine and that the whole time, even a year ago when she was with her original boyfriend she always thought about me.

So now everything is good and we went to meet each others families (this is literally the first two times we've talked in person on purpose). We really like each other and a couple days later make it official. We are bf/gf. The only problem is in a few days I have to head off to college. So we see each other one last time and I give her flowers and a card and promise her that I'll come back as much as possible (I'm 1.5 hours away) and that we willl text each other all the time like before. She says it's fine and just wants to be with me.

So it's sad that we are apart but I got her a nice card that I was planning on mailing her and everything seemed like it would be okay. For the first few days everything was as great as ever. We talked all the time and deeply missed each other. She still had her family issues and I kept telling her how much I cared about her and how if she ever needed me no matter what I would be there for her.

Then a couple days ago she started to act differently. It seemed like I couldn't say anything to help her. She started replying to my texts infrequently and with only a few words. I kept telling her how much I would always be there for her and that everything would be okay, etc but she just kept telling me not to worry about it. I asked her if it was anything else and she just kept saying it was nothing. I told her I wished so badly I could be home with her and be there for her. I told her we would do something fun when I got back in a couple weeks and she said she didn't even know if we would see each other. She insisted she wasn't mad at me though. Then she seemed to be getting annoyed that I kept trying to help her so I apologized and said that I just wanted her to be happy, etc.

So this goes on for a couple days and I begin to worry. Then yesterday she broke it to me. She told me it was okay and that she didn't want to hurt me but she didn't think it was going to work. She told me I was a great guy and she can tell me anything and everything but she thinks we're better off as friends because I'm away at college and she's still in high school. She said she wanted me to be happy and really cared about me but felt that was the best thing for us. She even agreed that we cared about each other more than anyone she'd ever seen. She said it wasn't just because of the distance.

She went on to say that there was nothing I could do because the relationship wasn't what she thought it would be. She said she was even losing feelings for me. She said I was kinda clingy and it was hard and she just met a guy that she kinda has feelings for.

Sorry for the really long story.

I can't understand any of this. The whole relationship was based on being clingy and being there for each other when things got really bad. I don't understand how in such a short period of time she can lose her feelings for me. After all we went through, after everything that happened, I don't understand how someone that was so into me and I was so into could want to break up so quickly. I feel like she has me all wrong. I'm not clingy, I just want to be there for her. She gave up really quickly and I don't know what to do. I sort of convinced her to wait and see and take it slow but honestly it doesn't look good right now. For three months we had something really special that I can't believe she'd want to throw away in a week.

I had made up my mind even before any of this that I was leaving college this weekend and going home because I just didn't like being so far away from home on my own. How can I convince her to talk to me in person and at least take it day by day and see where things go. I feel like this is a horrible mistake. Something like that just doesn't go away like that. She's always been really confused but now I just don't know. She still wants to be friends but how can we just be friends if we care about each other so much. I care so much about her and I just want her back.

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
Wow haven't been here for a while. Here's the story:

Okay so at the beginning of school last year I liked this girl 2 years younger than me. For a couple of reasons I never really talked to her. A) she had a boyfriend B) I'm shy C) I didn't know how she felt about me, etc. So I still thought about her a little from time to time but never pursued a relationship.

So toward the end of the year I caught wind that a girl wanted me to ask her to prom. I also liked this girl (she was my age). So we went to prom and everything seemed great. Then inexplicably this girl wants nothing to do with me and wouldn't even talk to me. I became really depressed ever since spring break. It became inescapable. She was my first love and I didn't know what to do when she ignored me.

Then at the very beginning of summer the original girl (2 years younger than me) facebooks me telling me that she likes me. She said that she knew I was going to college and that it didn't matter but she just wanted to get it off her chest. She went on to say that she always thinks "what if" and didn't want to regret not telling me.

At this point I am still caught in my endless depression trying anything to make the girl I went to prom with like me again. So naturally I told her that I thought she was a great girl but there were a couple reasons why we couldn't be together. She didn't expect us to be plus she already suspected that I liked the girl I went to prom with.

So over the next few months we talk all the time. She deeply likes me and I no longer realize that I like her. I'm still dead set on the girl I went to prom with. Well because she liked me so much she did everything she could to help me get back with the original girl. All she wanted was for me to be happy. Meanwhile this girl has problems of her own. She's really sensitive and basically cried herself to sleep most nights over her problems.

So we continue texting nonstop every day and we became really, really close. I was there for her and she was there for me. We cared about each other like no two people I have ever seen in my life. It takes a really long time for me to realize how great she is and how not so great my prom date was. I was very happy for her when she got a new boyfriend. After all I really didn't like her like that anymore, I was still holding out hope for the girl I hadn't talked to in two months or more.

But then I started to realize something. The prom date never really cared about me and she did. Then one day she tells me how awesome this guy is and that he's just like me and can make her smile and laugh even when she's feeling the worst. That's when it hit me and I immediately wanted to start crying. I had fallen in love with her but couldn't have her. Immediately I no longer cared about the prom date. I could have never been happy with her. I simply didn't know what to do.

So come to find out her new boyfriend wasn't the greatest of guys. He told her all the time that he really liked her. But he never showed it. He wouldn't respond to her texts and he even went to jail for smoking marijuana. She told me that it was okay and that she wouldn't make him change because she really liked him. All the while I kept telling her how great she was (like I had been doing before but even moreso now). I kept telling her that if it didn't work out it would be okay and she would be happy. I told her that there is a guy out there that will treat her right and never break her heart.

Turns out they never officially became a couple because this guy didn't like the 45 minute drive. She was upset because she really wanted it to work out. Now during week and a half period we started to really connect. We kept talking about how much we liked each other without actually saying it. I kept telling her she deserved better, etc. So one day I ask her how things are going with the other guy. She said he hadn't responded to her in about five days or something and that she had given up on him.

So now I figure it's my chance and we keep basically saying we like each other until she says something that makes me finally come out and say it. I tell her everything, the whole story. I told her I wanted to tell her sooner but I didn't feel right interfering with her relationship. She told me it would have been fine and that the whole time, even a year ago when she was with her original boyfriend she always thought about me.

So now everything is good and we went to meet each others families (this is literally the first two times we've talked in person on purpose). We really like each other and a couple days later make it official. We are bf/gf. The only problem is in a few days I have to head off to college. So we see each other one last time and I give her flowers and a card and promise her that I'll come back as much as possible (I'm 1.5 hours away) and that we willl text each other all the time like before. She says it's fine and just wants to be with me.

So it's sad that we are apart but I got her a nice card that I was planning on mailing her and everything seemed like it would be okay. For the first few days everything was as great as ever. We talked all the time and deeply missed each other. She still had her family issues and I kept telling her how much I cared about her and how if she ever needed me no matter what I would be there for her.

Then a couple days ago she started to act differently. It seemed like I couldn't say anything to help her. She started replying to my texts infrequently and with only a few words. I kept telling her how much I would always be there for her and that everything would be okay, etc but she just kept telling me not to worry about it. I asked her if it was anything else and she just kept saying it was nothing. I told her I wished so badly I could be home with her and be there for her. I told her we would do something fun when I got back in a couple weeks and she said she didn't even know if we would see each other. She insisted she wasn't mad at me though. Then she seemed to be getting annoyed that I kept trying to help her so I apologized and said that I just wanted her to be happy, etc.

So this goes on for a couple days and I begin to worry. Then yesterday she broke it to me. She told me it was okay and that she didn't want to hurt me but she didn't think it was going to work. She told me I was a great guy and she can tell me anything and everything but she thinks we're better off as friends because I'm away at college and she's still in high school. She said she wanted me to be happy and really cared about me but felt that was the best thing for us. She even agreed that we cared about each other more than anyone she'd ever seen. She said it wasn't just because of the distance.

She went on to say that there was nothing I could do because the relationship wasn't what she thought it would be. She said she was even losing feelings for me. She said I was kinda clingy and it was hard and she just met a guy that she kinda has feelings for.

Sorry for the really long story.

I can't understand any of this. The whole relationship was based on being clingy and being there for each other when things got really bad. I don't understand how in such a short period of time she can lose her feelings for me. After all we went through, after everything that happened, I don't understand how someone that was so into me and I was so into could want to break up so quickly. I feel like she has me all wrong. I'm not clingy, I just want to be there for her. She gave up really quickly and I don't know what to do. I sort of convinced her to wait and see and take it slow but honestly it doesn't look good right now. For three months we had something really special that I can't believe she'd want to throw away in a week.

I had made up my mind even before any of this that I was leaving college this weekend and going home because I just didn't like being so far away from home on my own. How can I convince her to talk to me in person and at least take it day by day and see where things go. I feel like this is a horrible mistake. Something like that just doesn't go away like that. She's always been really confused but now I just don't know. She still wants to be friends but how can we just be friends if we care about each other so much. I care so much about her and I just want her back.

A few thoughts on your matter bud. First distance even though you tell yourself nothing is wrong with takes a serious and I mean serious tolls on relationships and feelings. Secondly it sounds like to me that maybe she is having trouble and just didn't wanna tell you because like she said you do seem a tad bit clingy. Not saying you are but telling a girl you always wanna be there for her and that you wanna be there and all that all the time makes a girl think you are clingy. They like it in moderate amounts but not all the time. Thirdly it seems to me that even though you two were a happy couple you made much better friends and I know those feelings aren't easy to push aside but friends maybe what you two should be because you seem more like friends anyway. Lastly, She may have feelings for the new guy because unlike you he is right there. The power of being able to actually see someone and being able to hug them and kiss them is a major thing in feelings and without that relationships almost never work. This is all from a guy who two months ago went through almost the same thing you are but not exactly. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk

Manly Blissey

I'll make it simple for you guys. I'm starting college in two weeks, and I think I'm set. I just have to pack everything up. For those of you in college now: is there anything that you would definitely suggest bringing or getting? Even if I may have already gotten it, I'd appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!

Nephos

Lelouch Lamperouge
I'll make it simple for you guys. I'm starting college in two weeks, and I think I'm set. I just have to pack everything up. For those of you in college now: is there anything that you would definitely suggest bringing or getting? Even if I may have already gotten it, I'd appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!

Def bring something to do. College life is great for hanging out but when your alone in your room you should have something to do. Also biggest advice I can give on what to bring is an open mind. Dorm life is awesome don't get me wrong but there are so many different types of people you can meet that if your a closed mind person you may find yourself making someone angry without meaning to

Manly Blissey

Def bring something to do. College life is great for hanging out but when your alone in your room you should have something to do. Also biggest advice I can give on what to bring is an open mind. Dorm life is awesome don't get me wrong but there are so many different types of people you can meet that if your a closed mind person you may find yourself making someone angry without meaning to

I definitely consider myself an outgoing an open-minded person. I'm going to Ohio State, which has roughly 65,000 students, so there is bound to be diversity. I'm actually really excited about this. I grew up in a small farm town of only 1,000 people, where there was virtually no diversity (we were all white). Last year, I moved to Columbus, Ohio, which is, of course, the capital and major city of Ohio. I was exposed to a new array of people and cultures. I initially had "culture shock," but I eventually got over this and began to appreciate my new environment.

As far as having something to do, I'm not too worried about that. I'm running varsity cross country, which has already consumed a good chunk of my summer break. I also plan to join a few special interest clubs (there's a Pokémon club!) and organizations. I'm also going to join the 8th Floor Improv Comedy Group, a group that does comedy both at Ohio State and various places all over the U.S. I'll also being doing some screenwriting and stand-up comedy on the side. So yeah, I'll be busy.

Arceus94

Soeh.. I sent the guy a facebook message about my feelings. (Stupid idea much?)

pirate555

Word.

Best advice I was given on what to bring before going to college/university - take some teabags/coffee/hot chocolate and a few packets of biscuits. As soon as you move in, you can knock on the doors of everyone else and invite them for drinks and biscuits; an easy excuse to get to know everyone right away and settle in with those people who'll soon be no strangers.

Then again, when people were giving me that advice, they were giving advice to a shy girl who was nervous about being uprooted from the few close friends she had. Maybe that'll be no concern for you anyway :)

If you're in residence long-term, you may want to take a sleeping bag so that local friends can come visit, that's always good fun.

Arceus94

Well. I sent him a mail telling him I' in love with him xD
he's in my class, and I'm a guy.
can you see the problem? XD