• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

maybe he is too old for you.

i mean, your idea is great, but still. he seems a little old.

your parents have every reason to be suspicious and controlling. you should have your boyfriend impress them by taking them to lunch. also i like your plan as well.

just make sure he makes a good impression on your mom, and especially your dad.

They've met before.
He bought them gift cards, he's known in the family. He isn't shady. He's the rare respectful black guy.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Me and my secret boyfriend have been dating for almost 14 months now. He's a senior, and I'm a sophomore. We aren't allowed to date because 3 years is too far apart. We've come up with a plan to convince my parents he isn't 'too old' for me. A lot of my adult friends, (aka, my friends' parents) have agreed to write testimonials about how happy we are when we're together.

Have any of you been in this situation before?
Is there any other way to negotiate a plan with my parents letting me date him?

No I have not been in that kind of situation before.
The testimonial idea seems like a good honest convincing way to do it.

So you're 15 and he's 18 then? Is there anything else your parents are having a problem with or is it just an age thing? Are they racist? (no offense)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Me and my secret boyfriend have been dating for almost 14 months now. He's a senior, and I'm a sophomore. We aren't allowed to date because 3 years is too far apart. We've come up with a plan to convince my parents he isn't 'too old' for me. A lot of my adult friends, (aka, my friends' parents) have agreed to write testimonials about how happy we are when we're together.

Have any of you been in this situation before?
Is there any other way to negotiate a plan with my parents letting me date him?
Well, TBH I'm not sure how your parents are going to react to the news you've been having a secret relationship with an older guy. So most likely this part will start off as a shocker to them (IDK about the full situation, more details would help). However, you're only two grades apart, which is fairly reasonable. Big factor with this I think is how well they know this guy already. You've been together for over a year, have your folks ever met him? If they already know the guy in theory it should make them more comfortable with him.

Be warned, however about the chances of this relationship ending once he goes off to college (or whatever he does after HS). Often it's dependent on who the couple is, but there's no guarantee that he will want to stay. People change once they're on their own.

EchoEcho

eye laws dug aim.
well, if he is, as you say, "rare and responsible", then i would tell your parents.

i mean, if he's bought them gift cards, respects them, has met them, then i'm not sure what else you can do. you can ask your parents why they don't trust him. they'll say why, then argue your point about what a good kid he is.

John Madden

resident policy guy
If I were you, bro, I'd ask the close one first and if she says no, go for the second one. Win-win.

Yeah, definitely going to do this to minimize potential awkwardness.

So I may have complicated matters with the closer girl in my situation by making out with her while we were both drunk on New Year's.

(Complicated matters because we're both shy as all hell when we're sober.)

Josiah

is your favorite
So I may have complicated matters with the closer girl in my situation by making out with her while we were both drunk on New Year's.

That sounds extremely familiar. Is there any problem with just pursuing her?

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
@eBay Huckster - if you're that shy just ask her out with a text to set up a date. Unless for some reason the girl you made out with isn't good enough for you unless you're drunk. :O lol

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
i understand.

as i said before, go with rainbow.

what happened me last year (let's call this girl alyssa) is there was this girl alyssa. she wasn't that pretty, but i found her cute and nice. she didn't have boobs so i have no idea why the hell i liked her she heard from a couple friends i liked her. but, she didn't like me. so she kinda rejected me.

i lost interest in her. because she still doesn't have boobs

well, no other boys really liked this girl because she doesn't have boobs and when she realized this, she came back to me. she acts nice to me, and then i hear from her friends that she likes me. i politely rejected her because she doesn't have boobs.

are you hoping this happens to you and rainbow? because, you said no other guys really like her. but you like them for who they are. and it sounds to me like they're being a little cocky and thinking they can do better than you, like alyssa with me, when in the end she will come back to you.

and do you like one girl enough to give up liking the other?

The thing is that I... don't like these girls a lot... I just want to try something with one of them and then maybe build some love in our relationship... if I manage to get one...

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
The thing is that I... don't like these girls a lot... I just want to try something with one of them and then maybe build some love in our relationship... if I manage to get one...

:(

you gotta find it before you start. just wait a while, and It'll come. If you want to ask a person out before you like them, it'll just be harder on you when you have to dump them~

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

Okay then, so you actually don't like the girls. Not enough anyways. Don't just dive into a relationship for the sake of a relationship.

Frost Emperor

Emperor Of My Legacy
Well, maybe I'll try to be more focused on my studies rather than be worried about love affairs... Maybe later love will get on my way...

Thank You All! =)

John Madden

resident policy guy
@DannyB01 &

That sounds extremely familiar. Is there any problem with just pursuing her?

The whole shyness thing wouldn't be an issue in itself except I'm also unfamiliar with date spots in the general vicinity of OSU aside from a couple restaurants & the ice rink on campus.

Josiah

is your favorite
@DannyB01 &

The whole shyness thing wouldn't be an issue in itself except I'm also unfamiliar with date spots in the general vicinity of OSU aside from a couple restaurants & the ice rink on campus.
Well, obviously not every date has to be somewhere interesting. I know what you mean though. My town has pretty much nothing to do.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD

On the bright side you have made progress. Definitely get in touch with her though; she might feel used if you never call back.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
When I like someone, should I tell them?
I know we have no possible chance of a future, but still.

natie

Mr. F
Sure, why not, best to get this kind of things off your minds asap.

@eBay huckster: I checked out your last.fm and our compatibility is super. Friended you.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3

Well if it is someone, you should probably refer to him or her as a singular entity.