• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

JD

As a girl, if I got a message from a guy that I liked, I wouldn't care if I read it hours later, I would still reply or try and talk to him the next day. If I were you, I wouldn't do it.

Well I did it and I think things went fine.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I'm not really sure if this would go in the Advice Thread or the Questions Thread, but since it is more than a question, I figured it would go here.

Anyways, I have been working on getting "ripped" for several months now, but I haven't had professional training, and have simply been going to the gym a lot. I've gone to the gym almost every day this summer, and I've already gained about 3 pounds (I'm currently at 140 lbs). My friends have pointed out that my pectoral muscles are noticeably larger (they stick out from the sides, which is cool, but not from the bottom, which I need to work on).

I've found this website that has specific 12-week-plans, or just body building advice in general: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm

Rather than just going off my own improvised routine and not even paying attention to my diet (though I generally eat healthy food, and I NEVER have junk food and I NEVER drink soda), I figured I should actually follow a routine if I want better results. Unfortunately, there's only about 6 weeks of summer left, and my schedule is already busy enough due to my job, and during the school year I'm always involved in a lot of activities, so it's going to be hard for me to do a 12-week schedule.

So my question is, which one should I do:

1) simply have a workout/diet schedule that's exactly the same every week (this schedule, in particular) until the school year starts

2) should I do a 12-week-program (such as this) despite the inevitable scheduling conflicts when the school year starts (AKA quit the program once school starts, since I'll only be able to hit the gym on weekends)
To be honest with you, I go by no plan. I just lift.

My only real rule is not to eat junk food or anything unnecessary. And eat a shitload of protein and workout a on a semi regular basis. Granted I do this for a sport (powerlifting), but it should work for just about anyone.

Now, if your going for body building, which is just adding tons of muscle mass, you have to do fewer reps at higher weights. This builds, well, more muscle tissue, and more strength, perfect for my sport. Less weight at more reps will tone your muscles. I go for less reps more mass.

To me I don't stick to a set plan someone else has built. I do better lifting on a whim. But that's just me. Find what suits you.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
I have about 5000 pokemon cards and Im not sure what they are really worth. Most r in good condition and I hope to sell them to some store. what should I do, look up every card then set a price, or just take a bunch in and c what they're worth?

JD

Well, usually it doesn't. But if things went well then good for you.

Are you talking to her more often now or was it just the a few facebook comments?

Just a few comments I think I might wait until school so we can talk a bit more in person.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
If you are or were a kid, around 10 years old, how do you make any money? Just asking. :)

Right now that been moved-

A neighbour hood chore round is most likely- you cannot really get a job around that age, as many employers would want to deal with insurance/ child work permits/ pay for 9-10 year old. Doing chores for neighbours or your parents is a good way- make a cute sign, it pulls in more suckers customers.

Last edited:

An00bis

Wicked Witch
If you are or were a kid, around 10 years old, how do you make any money? Just asking.

Ask your parents.

Not for money. Not for money.

Tell them that you're looking to make some money. If you show that you have the initiative they might be able to help you get started. They might have some friends who can be your clients or give you some funds to get started. It helps if you have a general idea of what you want to do (mow lawns, wash cars, bake cookies, sell candy / drinks, computer related work, dog walking, ect.) when you go to them and how much you will charge so they can tell their friends. Generally it's a good idea to charge low and hope that others will spread the word then charge high and get just a few customers.

As far as pricing goes ... you can go one of two ways. If you're a good business (wo)man you can haggle a price for your services. I found people paid more then expected for computer work then manual labor. Having a general ballpark number in your head and hoping for a tip can work. $5 for a small task seems to be the magic number these days. If you're doing something labor intensive like mowing a lawn in 100 degree weather you might be able to get away with a few dollars more. Tip for that, by the way: start early. If you know you're doing work outside get up early when it's cooler. Not only that, but you're more likely to catch people before they go to work on a weekday.

There's a lot of people who want work done for them for a few bucks, so ask around.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
If you are or were a kid, around 10 years old, how do you make any money? Just asking. :)
Help out your neighbors or your parents friends. A lot of people hate shoveling snow, so this winter would be a great opportunity to make some cash. Until then, washing cars and raking leaves in the fall would probably be your best bet.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Dont mess with wild cats.
True story: I was trying to catch a cat. well I caught it and it tried to rip my hand off. I may jhave cat bite fever or whatever its called. And it hurts like hell
any typos I have is because I have my mi9dllle finger half broken from the cat

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Dont mess with wild cats.
True story: I was trying to catch a cat. well I caught it and it tried to rip my hand off. I may jhave cat bite fever or whatever its called. And it hurts like hell
any typos I have is because I have my mi9dllle finger half broken from the cat

Are we talking wild cats (like bobcats) or feral cats (domesticated cats that are now wild)? Either way, if a wild cat - wildcat or feral - bit you and broke the skin, you need to go to the doctor immediately and get a rabies shot. Seriously.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I have about 5000 pokemon cards and Im not sure what they are really worth. Most r in good condition and I hope to sell them to some store. what should I do, look up every card then set a price, or just take a bunch in and c what they're worth?
Most of them aren't that valuable TBH. The older, the more valuable, as a rule of thumb. Unless it's holographic, foreign, part of a special collection, or older than 10 years, you're probably getting less than $1 per card at best (and I'm talking about the Pokemon ones, not energy of trainer cards). You're probably better off just holding on to them unless you really need some cash.

pkmncards.net.

They give you an avg price of the cards. It's individual, but it should work.

Comebhax

Black & Yellow
My sister keeps hitting me, and if i hit her back she cries and tells on me what should i do. If it happens one more time I GET MY LAPTOP TAKEN AWAY.

REL720

The Elusive Man
My sister keeps hitting me, and if i hit her back she cries and tells on me what should i do. If it happens one more time I GET MY LAPTOP TAKEN AWAY.

Lol.
Well when she hits you, go and tell on her.
Hitting her back only seems to be hurting you even more.
If none of that works then I would just... try and endure the hits?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Don't hit her?

Flame Mistress

Rule #731 of life: adults will always believe the one who tells first. No exceptions.

I'm an only child, and even I know that. So never hit her back. Ever. If they don't listen to you, then just ignore her until she gets tired of hitting you.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
Most of them aren't that valuable TBH. The older, the more valuable, as a rule of thumb. Unless it's holographic, foreign, part of a special collection, or older than 10 years, you're probably getting less than $1 per card at best (and I'm talking about the Pokemon ones, not energy of trainer cards). You're probably better off just holding on to them unless you really need some cash.

I need to buy BW2. Let me say I have 5000 pokemon, and about another 2000 energy/trainers (very adicted to them)

Are we talking wild cats (like bobcats) or feral cats (domesticated cats that are now wild)? Either way, if a wild cat - wildcat or feral - bit you and broke the skin, you need to go to the doctor immediately and get a rabies shot. Seriously.

Went to the doc yesterday morning and she said Im fine.
This was a cat that roams the neighborhood. My hand hurts but its healing

Also Haxy. dont hit her.just take it and shut up. if u even touch her, she will scream and ythen ull be in even more trouble

Prelude

Prelude
Also Haxy. dont hit her.just take it and shut up. if u even touch her, she will scream and ythen ull be in even more trouble
shittiest advice

keep talking to your parents until they stop threatening to take your laptop away

or talk to your sister and tell her youll wreck her shit if she touches you again. that should scare her

Last edited: