• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
shittiest advice

keep talking to your parents until they stop threatening to take your laptop away

or talk to your sister and tell her youll wreck her shit if she touches you again. that should scare her

Doesnt work, Take this from a lttle sister

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Doesnt work, Take this from a lttle sister

I'm a little sister- and that doesn't work. If either of us hit each other, the hitter would be punished. "Just take it and shut up" is very seriously emotionally scarring it can cause deep cuts in the sibling bond, which may affect them in later life. Besides, keeping something like that a "secret" isn't good.

Seriously speak to your parents- to me, it sounds like they're a little lax with her- children from a very young age can immediately pick up advantages in a situation. Have a very serious talk with your parents, if they don't act upon it, have a protest. Seriously, after a few days they might be willing to listen more. If it's really stressing you out, talk to some else you trust- it may be only a sibling rivalry thing, and you'll grow out of it, but it can turn serious.

DMerle

Guess who's back
My sister keeps hitting me, and if i hit her back she cries and tells on me what should i do. If it happens one more time I GET MY LAPTOP TAKEN AWAY.

Hit her so hard that she's physically unable to tell.

Jokes, just explain the situation to your parents in a reasonable manner.

Comebhax

Black & Yellow
Ok guys. I told on her before but she still smacks me when i annoy her. And she always annoys me. Like after a day of fasting i wanna go to sleep and she keeps me up by playing the DS in my room, and even tho i tell her not to play my B/W she still does it -_-.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Ok guys. I told on her before but she still smacks me when i annoy her. And she always annoys me. Like after a day of fasting i wanna go to sleep and she keeps me up by playing the DS in my room, and even tho i tell her not to play my B/W she still does it -_-.

I'm torn to be honest, I feel I should say to tell your parents about it, and say she's in your room and using your stuff - but there comes a time when you just gotta man the hell up and not let her boss you around because then she's not gonna stop.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
My sister keeps hitting me, and if i hit her back she cries and tells on me what should i do. If it happens one more time I GET MY LAPTOP TAKEN AWAY.
My nephew had the same problem with his brother a few years ago. You have to make it so she doesn't want to upset you any more. now how you do that is up to you. In my nephew's case I told him to blacken his brother's eye. As he would get in trouble whether he hit him or not, might as well earn the mom's wrath. Eventually it will get to painful to aggravate you.

Or play her game if she hits you go cry to mom! Not all whiny, but make it clear that she started it and you want it to stop before it escalates. get it on camera if you can!

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
My nephew had the same problem with his brother a few years ago. You have to make it so she doesn't want to upset you any more. now how you do that is up to you. In my nephew's case I told him to blacken his brother's eye. As he would get in trouble whether he hit him or not, might as well earn the mom's wrath. Eventually it will get to painful to aggravate you.

Or play her game if she hits you go cry to mom! Not all whiny, but make it clear that she started it and you want it to stop before it escalates. get it on camera if you can!

QFT. Sage advice, here.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
ok guys I need some advice I wanted to be a veterinarian for the longest time till I learned that it wasn't for me now I wanna do something with computers but don't know what would be a good study field in that yet and I gotta get it picked out or my stepdad will grind my gears.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
ok guys I need some advice I wanted to be a veterinarian for the longest time till I learned that it wasn't for me now I wanna do something with computers but don't know what would be a good study field in that yet and I gotta get it picked out or my stepdad will grind my gears.

What year are you in school?

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I gradulated in feb.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Highschool I was homeschooled since 7th grade.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Highschool I was homeschooled since 7th grade.

Oh okay. Well, honestly, you can't decide what your life's calling is in a night, or even in a week or in months. You find out what you want your career to be through experience. I really recommend that you volunteer at a vet's office for a while to decide if you want to do that. And when you're in college, take computer classes and biology classes and decide which one you like better. I'm assuming that your stepdad has a career. He should know that he didn't wake up one morning and know what he was going to do with his life. He probably found out through experience.

You don't "pick out" what you want to do with your life. Most college freshmen are "undecided" in terms of their major for at least a year; sometimes until their Junior year. Basically, my advice to you is don't "pick out" a career. Go to college and decide what you enjoy most while you're there.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Oh okay. Well, honestly, you can't decide what your life's calling is in a night, or even in a week or in months. You find out what you want your career to be through experience. I really recommend that you volunteer at a vet's office for a while to decide if you want to do that. And when you're in college, take computer classes and biology classes and decide which one you like better. I'm assuming that your stepdad has a career. He should know that he didn't wake up one morning and know what he was going to do with his life. He probably found out through experience.

You don't "pick out" what you want to do with your life. Most college freshmen are "undecided" in terms of their major for at least a year; sometimes until their Junior year. Basically, my advice to you is don't "pick out" a career. Go to college and decide what you enjoy most while you're there.

well i tried a bio lab and it didn't work out very well I have shaky hands and made a big mess plus I am would get way to attached to my patients. I have been trying to decide now for 6 years and found out I really like doing stuff with computers like artwork and fixing problems on them and helping others fix their computer problems.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
well i tried a bio lab and it didn't work out very well I have shaky hands and made a big mess plus I am would get way to attached to my patients. I have been trying to decide now for 6 years and found out I really like doing stuff with computers like artwork and fixing problems on them and helping others fix their computer problems.

Well there are a lot of different computer-based majors. You could get a Graphic Design degree if you wanted to do things like design logos, or you could get some sort of computer engineering degree (not sure what it's called) where you learn to write code for programs.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Well there are a lot of different computer-based majors. You could get a Graphic Design degree if you wanted to do things like design logos, or you could get some sort of computer engineering degree (not sure what it's called) where you learn to write code for programs.

so what your saying is I should check out all my options and try out some to see which one I like and would be most productive.?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
so what your saying is I should check out all my options and try out some to see which one I like and would be most productive.?

I think that sounds like a good idea, yes :)