• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Draco.

Dragon Master.
never ask a girl if shes pregenant :/

maybe the best advice a man can get :)

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
never ask a girl if shes pregenant :/

maybe the best advice a man can get :)

95% of the time you can tell without having to ask unless the pregnancy is in the first couple months where they don't look different at all. Realistically I am not going to ask a girl if she is pregnant if she looks pregnant, and if she looks pregnant I know she is pregnant.

Draco.

Dragon Master.
well yeah, but if you look on TV, and movies you sometimes seen that its a bad idea xD

but here is another one:

Dont drink and drive! *drinks juice* (while driving)

Comebhax

Black & Yellow
About how much money would i get for an Xbox, and 5 games
(Madden 07 and 11, Black Ops, A need for speed game, Dragon Ball Z ragging blast 2)

Comebhax

Black & Yellow
15 dollars only?

i'M Giving away my f*cking xbox.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
About how much money would i get for an Xbox, and 5 games
(Madden 07 and 11, Black Ops, A need for speed game, Dragon Ball Z ragging blast 2)

Are you talking about an original Xbox, or an Xbox 360? A year ago, Gamestop would give you ~$50 in cash or ~$70 in store credit for an Xbox 360, so it's probably less now. The games are worth a lot less; probably $1 - $5 each.

blackterminator3

Should I complete my National Dex on Pokemon White?

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Should I complete my National Dex on Pokemon White?

It's a nice little project, and if you don't get there before you get Black/White 2, you can transfer some of the Pokémon you've gotten and continue on that game to get the Shining Charm.

Kacho

You are next.
What Digletto said about internships is important. Internships give you experience, which is what employers are looking for. Even if an internship is unpaid, you should take it. That's what I had to do - I took an unpaid internship in my field (biology), and I'm convinced that having the experience was a major factor in my getting into graduate school. Without it, I think they would have chosen someone else over me.

hey varanus (long time no see lol)
(summer over for you?)

where do you go look for bio related internships for summer haha

Draco.

Dragon Master.
if you gonna buy a iPod for 100$

you should atleast buy a good headphones to it, and not use the
regular ipod headphones you get with it.

those suck, i would buy maybe beats by dre, or some other good headphones

Schade

Metallic Wonder
How do you talk with your crush without feeling like an idiot?

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo

You don't, generally. Unless you can't be with them for whatever reason, the best thing you can do to try and be more comfortable around them is ask them out. Of course, if it doesn't work you'll be less comfortable... but that's part of the risk. It's better than being unsure, though.

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*

I've had that problem my entire life! Try choosing a conversation topic that your are really passionate about and that your crush likes too, I find talking about things you both enjoy really makes you feel closer. Or talk about movies you both like, start quoting funny bits and the atmosphere between you will become really relaxed and you'll find you won't have to think about talking. And don't try to think about how you look all the time, or if what you're saying isn't right, you'll feel even more self conscious and then the conversation could become awkward. And remember, if they like you back, they'll be feeling just as nervous as you, so don't worry about it! :3

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
i think the problem is that you expect gamestop to give you a good deal

Yeah, there's basically an unspoken rule to never ever trade in anything to Gamestop, because they only give you 1/5 of what you could get for it by selling it.

Ever seen that Gamefly commercial where the store (which is supposed to be Gamestop) offers the people $9 for a game they just bought for $60? I've read stories of people who have literally had that happen to them.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
hey varanus (long time no see lol)
(summer over for you?)

where do you go look for bio related internships for summer haha

Hey Kacho!! I haven't seen you around much, either - where have you been? Summer's been over for me for about two weeks now. All of the students are back on campus wreaking havoc and generally disturbing the peace and quiet that I've been enjoying these past three months. But that's okay, because I kind of missed them. :)

I got my internships by talking to my college professors and asking them what they knew about that I could do. They had a bunch of suggestions, and so I started emailing the organizations that they recommended and hit it off with one of them.

I feel like everything I say to the guy I like makes me look like an idiot. And my problem is that I replay the conversations I have with him in my head and convince myself that I looked like a fool the entire time I was with him. I think it's natural to be nervous when talking to someone you like and you never look as foolish as you think you do. Just be yourself, because that's what you are the best at being. You will look like a fool if you try to be something you're not, because you don't know how to be that thing. You are perfect at being yourself, and so you will be the least foolish in front of your crush by being who you are best at being. I hope that made sense.