• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

It depends on what kind of piercing you're thinking of. If you just want to put a little diamond stud in your nose, potential employers probably won't care. If you're thinking of piercing your nasal septum and you're going to put a giant bull ring in it, then yes, that will deter you from getting jobs. But also, I'm assuming you could just take out the studs/rings/whatever out of your nose before you interview or go to work...
I would probably get a small stud. One of the jobs I was applying for today specifically said no facial piercings in its dress code section of the application. So.... yeah...

EthanS

Skilled Collector
What a mind you have....

Anyways, try Wal-Mart! You never know what you can find in there...

Wally world!!! :D I like to go there and laugh at everyone, check out a website called peopleofwalmart, it has tons of pictures of weird people, scary people, and just Eww people xD I think its hilarious :p

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
So, this is mainly about 2 girls. A girl named Sabrena who is short-ish, wears glasses, has blonde/light pink hair, and is pretty and quiet, is the person I sit next to on the bus pretty much every morning and afternoon. We talk sometimes, but it seems like she despises me. So, last week, I thought "Okay, if I annoy her, I'll just leave her alone." Well our mutual friend, Tori, told me that Sabrena asked her that she wanted to know why I didn't talk to her anymore. I didn't know Sabrena said that to Tori, but this week and Friday of last week we've been talking again(Me and Sabrena). So in short, Sabrena likes talking to me...but on the bus she barely says a word...I don't get it. I don't know if I like her or if she likes me. Frustration.
Anyways, any advice would be welcome...thanks.

~nightsmith97

Shortman

Salute to humanity.
So, this is mainly about 2 girls. A girl named Sabrena who is short-ish, wears glasses, has blonde/light pink hair, and is pretty and quiet, is the person I sit next to on the bus pretty much every morning and afternoon. We talk sometimes, but it seems like she despises me. So, last week, I thought "Okay, if I annoy her, I'll just leave her alone." Well our mutual friend, Tori, told me that Sabrena asked her that she wanted to know why I didn't talk to her anymore. I didn't know Sabrena said that to Tori, but this week and Friday of last week we've been talking again(Me and Sabrena). So in short, Sabrena likes talking to me...but on the bus she barely says a word...I don't get it. I don't know if I like her or if she likes me. Frustration.

~nightsmith97
I would guess she likes you but she is shy, which might be why she asked her friend why you stopped talking to her instead of asking you herself. As to whether you like her, that's obviously something you need to figure out for yourself. :p

~nightsmith97

You need to give more info on the bus situation. Do you sit next to her?

Yes I sit next to her, usually when no one is sitting next to her. Sabrena's attitude seems reluctant, but her talk with Tori says otherwise. I don't know why I keep sitting by her. It's just, she doesn't seem to mind.

Oops I'm an idiot. I just realized your original post said you sit next to her on the bus, but I didn't see that part xD

Anyway, she seems like a shy girl around guys. You should ask your friend Tori and get some insight on this girl. No point in wasting your time if she's not interested (unlike you're fine being just friends with her).

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
Oops I'm an idiot. I just realized your original post said you sit next to her on the bus, but I didn't see that part xD

Anyway, she seems like a shy girl around guys. You should ask your friend Tori and get some insight on this girl. No point in wasting your time if she's not interested (unlike you're fine being just friends with her).

Haha it's alright xD
And thanks too; I'll talk with Tori more tomorrow. I just have to remember that Sabrena is shy and that I shouldn't be too confrontational with her. I'll tell y'all how it goes after school tomorrow. And once again, thanks!

~nightsmith97

I'm in a pickle; or at least it seems to be.

Our next school dance is coming up, and I want to ask Girl A. I have a feeling she'd say yes; she's nice, pretty, good personality, and we click very well. However, 2 Years ago, I went to a dance with Girl B (EDIT: As friends), and she told me today while we were talking about 2 of our friends who are going as friends to this very dance, "why would you go to a dance as just friends? Usually people are looking for something...". That, to me, is a strong signal that she may have something for me. I'm afraid if I ask Girl A, and Girl B still liked me, then Girl B will be crushed.

Help!? >.<

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I'm in a pickle; or at least it seems to be.

Our next school dance is coming up, and I want to ask Girl A. I have a feeling she'd say yes; she's nice, pretty, good personality, and we click very well. However, 2 Years ago, I went to a dance with Girl B (EDIT: As friends), and she told me today while we were talking about 2 of our friends who are going as friends to this very dance, "why would you go to a dance as just friends? Usually people are looking for something...". That, to me, is a strong signal that she may have something for me. I'm afraid if I ask Girl A, and Girl B still liked me, then Girl B will be crushed.

Help!? >.<
Hello my friend, I have not been in that exact situation but I can tell you this, you may want to ask one of her friends if she (girl A) still likes you, or just go and ask girl B I have been to awkward dances before, mainly because of me, I've sat there for 98% of the time watching everyone else have fun and then one of my friends comes up and asks if I want to dance so I told her I can't dance (it was embarrassing) she still offered after I said that, anyway back to your question, I believe that you should ask your girl A or one of her friends if she likes you and tell them you were curious because you were liked another girl but don't want to hurt Girl A's feelings so if you do this ONLY ASK one of her friends, and if she (Girl A)doesn't like you then GO AFTER GIRL B and win her over for the dance, let her know how you feel get a corsage (flower for the dance) and then give it to her the night of the dance and dress nice for her girls (at least most) enjoy that
I hope I was somewhat able to help you out

I have my own question, I'm a hopeless 18 year old senior in high school, freaking head over heels in love with 1 girl only at my school, she has a boyfriend, and he kisses her a lot in school, I only want her to be happy since she is the only one at my School who acknowledges me and smiles at me so I'm hoping she likes me, I LOVD HER I would never do anything physically or emotionally bad to her, she is the only One at school who can turn a day at school that for me is a living hell she turns it into the best day of my life, I'm not to fond of her boyfriend but I don't want to break them up if she is happy, however, she does hint sometimes that she isn't happy with him, she looks away or doesn't smile, and I would treat her like the only person on the planet, a queen etc... If I had her, but sadly I don't have any luck with always getting girls, I chicken out a lot, so my question is what should I do she is almost the only person I like on the planet now, she can't tick me off, she is awesome, I need suggestions, help, etc.... I would do anything to make her happy I will very much appreciate any help also its not easy for me to get girls because I'm not the best looking you can tell by my profile picture thank you to anyone who helps me out

Last edited:
Hello my friend, I have not been in that exact situation but I can tell you this, you may want to ask one of her friends if she (girl A) still likes you, or just go and ask girl B I have been to awkward dances before, mainly because of me, I've sat there for 98% of the time watching everyone else have fun and then one of my friends comes up and asks if I want to dance so I told her I can't dance (it was embarrassing) she still offered after I said that, anyway back to your question, I believe that you should ask your girl A or one of her friends if she likes you and tell them you were curious because you were liked another girl but don't want to hurt Girl A's feelings so if you do this ONLY ASK one of her friends, and if she (Girl A)doesn't like you then GO AFTER GIRL B and win her over for the dance, let her know how you feel get a corsage (flower for the dance) and then give it to her the night of the dance and dress nice for her girls (at least most) enjoy that
I hope I was somewhat able to help you out
I could try that, I'm not sure how much of a response I'd get from her friends, but i'll have to think about it before I ask (it's something you can't un-say, persay). Yeah, the dance me and Girl A went to was a ton of fun, mostly because we stuck together when our group broke off. I really liked that feeling of "it's our night". Gives me the eebie-jeebies ;D.

I have my own question, I'm a hopeless 18 year old senior in high school, freaking head over heels in love with 1 girl only at my school, she has a boyfriend, and he kisses her a lot in school, I only want her to be happy since she is the only one at my School who acknowledges me and smiles at me so I'm hoping she likes me, I LOVD HER I would never do anything physically or emotionally bad to her, she is the only One at school who can turn a day at school that for me is a living hell she turns it into the best day of my life, I'm not to fond of her boyfriend but I don't want to break them up if she is happy, however, she does hint sometimes that she isn't happy with him, she looks away or doesn't smile, and I would treat her like the only person on the planet, a queen etc... If I had her, but sadly I don't have any luck with always getting girls, I chicken out a lot, so my question is what should I do she is almost the only person I like on the planet now, she can't tick me off, she is awesome, I need suggestions, help, etc.... I would do anything to make her happy I will very much appreciate any help also its not easy for me to get girls because I'm not the best looking you can tell by my profile picture thank you to anyone who helps me out
My suggestion is two things. Get some confidence, that always looks good. If she brings up any sign of her being unhappy (while you're around and her BF isn't), and elaborate with her.
"Hey, you've been doing _____ often, is there anything wrong?"
Just a little thing I thought of. I'll edit if I think of something else.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I could try that, I'm not sure how much of a response I'd get from her friends, but i'll have to think about it before I ask (it's something you can't un-say, persay). Yeah, the dance me and Girl A went to was a ton of fun, mostly because we stuck together when our group broke off. I really liked that feeling of "it's our night". Gives me the eebie-jeebies ;D.
Yeah gotta love that feeling

My suggestion is two things. Get some confidence, that always looks good. If she brings up any sign of her being unhappy (while you're around and her BF isn't), and elaborate with her.
"Hey, you've been doing _____ often, is there anything wrong?"
Just a little thing I thought of. I'll edit if I think of something else.
Okay bro I
will get me some confidence I need to at least try, worst that can happen is she could reject me, would be a blowback to me but, I'm gonna try and see if I can do it thanks bro :)

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus

Be careful with this - you can't ask her out if she has a boyfriend. That's not a good idea. Do what Rayce said and just get to know her and make sure that she's happy with her boyfriend. If she is, don't make any advances - you'll just push her away if you do that.

Secondly, I know you said you'll treat her like a queen if you had her and all that, but it's REALLY important that you realize that no matter how much you love someone and no matter how much they love you, we are all human and we all have flaws. You have flaws. This girl has flaws. I have flaws. If you date her, she WILL irritate you. She WILL do things you don't like. Don't go into this expecting perfect bliss. Relationships are work and love is a choice - a very hard choice - that you have to consciously make every day. And if you truly love someone, you can accept their flaws and accept their good qualities at the same time.

Secondly, I know you said you'll treat her like a queen if you had her and all that, but it's REALLY important that you realize that no matter how much you love someone and no matter how much they love you, we are all human and we all have flaws. You have flaws. This girl has flaws. I have flaws. If you date her, she WILL irritate you. She WILL do things you don't like. Don't go into this expecting perfect bliss. Relationships are work and love is a choice - a very hard choice - that you have to consciously make every day. And if you truly love someone, you can accept their flaws and accept their good qualities at the same time.
Answer Smeargle, but leave me hanging, that's fine. ;_; </3

On a serious note, this is very, VERY well said. Like, keep this somewhere safe. I really like how you worded this, it's very nice.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
One of my roommates is depressed and dropping all of his classes. I don't know him as well as my other roommates know him, but he bluntly told me about the depression and withdraws. I know he lost a close friend this time a year ago and his ex cheated on him when they were together last spring. What do I do?

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Be careful with this - you can't ask her out if she has a boyfriend. That's not a good idea. Do what Rayce said and just get to know her and make sure that she's happy with her boyfriend. If she is, don't make any advances - you'll just push her away if you do that.

Yeah I know that, and u wouldn't disrupt their relationship to make me happy and her unhappy, I have had experience with bad relationships I am 99.9999999999999999% sure she cheated on me but I have no solid proof, she is in the past in my head now
Answer Smeargle, but leave me hanging, that's fine. ;_; </3

On a serious note, this is very, VERY well said. Like, keep this somewhere safe. I really like how you worded this, it's very nice.
Yeah they did make a valid point that helps and I will keep an eye out to see if she shows any more signs of unhappiness
One of my roommates is depressed and dropping all of his classes. I don't know him as well as my other roommates know him, but he bluntly told me about the depression and withdraws. I know he lost a close friend this time a year ago and his ex cheated on him when they were together last spring. What do I do?
I suggest you leg them know you have their backs, tell them not to give up, keep going on not to quit and that they can make it but they need their friends to help get them through

Calamity™

aka Lamia

I don't think there really is much you can do. Just continue to be a good friend to him and maybe offer to talk about whatever he wants to. He might, however, decide that he doesn't want to discuss his problems, but if he is a good friend I would probably just mention that all of this depression will just make things worse. As it already is. I think this is one of those situations where your interference may not be at all helpful.

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
If anyone remembers me and my whole Sabrena situation, I have very good news! After a long, depressing weekend and a lot of prayer, something finally happened this afternoon. I sat by Sabrena on the bus, and for the ENTIRE ride home, we talked. I got to know her more than I ever had in the past, and I'm so super happy right now! :D I told her that her hair looked different, and she said "I didn't have any hairspray." Then I said to her "It looks all Repunzal-like, 'cause it's all flowing and stuff." I think she blushed at that c:

Anyways, thanks for the advice; just wanted to tell y'all how it went.

~nightsmith97