• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

Ludwig

I have recently been told by a friend and her mom (who has studied this for years) that I may have something called Asperger's Syndrome. After looking it up for quite a while I have begun to completely agree with them. Ever since, I have wanted to go get a diagnosis to see if I truly had it. When I brought it up with my parents, they wanted nothing to do with it and wouldn't even consider if I had it or not. It's been a while since I have talked to them last about it, but I still really want to get a diagnosis. What should I do? Should I even bring it up again?

It doesn't matter if you have it or not. It's not like something would be significantly different if you had the diagnosis.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I have got it too. Everybody thinks iam a weirdo. But get your diagnosis, so you just know, so you have an excuse for why you are a bit different.

No
No it is not an excuse for anything

Ludwig said it correctly, nobody is going to care if you have aspergers or not. Your potential is not defined by your condition.

HGaddict

<--- Newest Shiny
See this is exactly what this syndrome does. I might be wrong, but I don't think he meant it the way you guys are taking it. It's extremely hard to explain things right. Please don't be rude :(

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
I guess I want to change the subject. I'm just.. I'm bipolar. But recently I've been having issues dealing with it--moreso than usual. People are noticing (the ones that don't know) and I really want to avoid that. I just.. have no clue what to do.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I guess I want to change the subject. I'm just.. I'm bipolar. But recently I've been having issues dealing with it--moreso than usual. People are noticing (the ones that don't know) and I really want to avoid that. I just.. have no clue what to do.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I would imagine you can't really help your mood changes if you're diagnosed with bipolarity. Via remissions, I guess you could try to diminish the symptoms but there isn't much you can do, and it would obviously be best to talk to a professional about it. I would probably recommend going to a support group session. You'd meet other people dealing with the same thing as you, you could get answers and maybe get more comfortable with being bipolar.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
It seems people are leaning way to close to extremes here.

Having Aspberger's Syndrome certainly doesn't give you a free pass be unpleasant to other people. But it doesn't mean you shouldn't expect some basic consideration from other people either.

As a person actually diagnosed, I am going to say it doesn't mean anything besides you don't have that innate human conscious telling you that you should be nice, you can just choose. It really isn't an excuse for anything besides a little bit of antisocialness, and emotional distance. That is at least as far as being an adult with the disability goes.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I, actually, have Aspergers as well. Do you wanna know how much it's affected my life?

I'm 22 years old, living perfectly well on my own, graduated from college, and with a close circle of friends and coworkers that would never even guess I have anything wrong mentally.

Aspergers is just another one of those mental diseases they named for the sake of people having an excuse. I'm aware that mine is a more mild case, yes, but I've met plenty of people with more heavy cases, and I can tell you now that the only time it's ever an excuse is for people already looking for one.

TanBun

I'm back :3
I don't mean that you can be unpleasant. I don't care about it too, but i always make the wrong comments. And i don'tlike people

Ludwig

As a person actually diagnosed, I am going to say it doesn't mean anything besides you don't have that innate human conscious telling you that you should be nice, you can just choose. It really isn't an excuse for anything besides a little bit of antisocialness, and emotional distance. That is at least as far as being an adult with the disability goes.

A little bit of antisocialness and emotional distance doesn't even require an excuse.

Houka

I, actually, have Aspergers as well. Do you wanna know how much it's affected my life?

I'm 22 years old, living perfectly well on my own, graduated from college, and with a close circle of friends and coworkers that would never even guess I have anything wrong mentally.

Aspergers is just another one of those mental diseases they named for the sake of people having an excuse. I'm aware that mine is a more mild case, yes, but I've met plenty of people with more heavy cases, and I can tell you now that the only time it's ever an excuse is for people already looking for one.
Asperger's mostly effects people as a kid doesn't really do that much as an adult. There are things there but most people will write them of as unplesent, anti-social, ect. Asperger's just have a different way of thinking and function then the norm.

Mye

Someone has to win..
My family beats on me a lot for it. I had a funeral this weekend and it was really awkward, I really never understood why people get so worked up about death.

Neither did I tbh (which made pet deaths in my family even more awkward). The idea that people can get so worked up over something that WILL happen to everyone once has always stumped me.

Pansy :]

anustart
im having a hard time today bc there are no more harry potter books and ive been sad for a while but it really spiked today help me pls i need advice on how to deal w/ feelings

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Read other books.

Hope this helps.

Kiy7866

.. Does anyone have same problem as me ?? Problem code86420 communication problem error Like me?? I cant trade with anyone .. It was fine in the morning and i didnt touch anything but all of suddn after like 2 till now it keep saying that and i cant trade with anyone and internet works fine its been almost wholeday
Last edited by Kiy7866 on < 1 minute ago