• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Advice Thread

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
you probably will when your friends start to drop like flies

probably won't happen for another few decades but

I guess, it would be a lot more difficult for me to lose my best friends, and a 72 year old family member where death was soon imminent anyways.

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
About 5 months ago I was in a relationship while talking to a previous ex. It was chill, they were friends and knew about each other.
But, I was getting nudes and having secret rendezvous with my ex. Then out of the blue she decided to become super Christian like her family and told me that I was manipulating her and we couldn't be friends. She hasn't talked to me and I haven't talked to her since.

Now I'm kinda wanting to start over with her, as friends. Then maybe become something more in the next few years? We're both about to go off to college, both 18 y/o seniors.

I need some advice on how to approach this situation.

Zazie

So 1991
About 5 months ago I was in a relationship while talking to a previous ex. It was chill, they were friends and knew about each other.
But, I was getting nudes and having secret rendezvous with my ex. Then out of the blue she decided to become super Christian like her family and told me that I was manipulating her and we couldn't be friends. She hasn't talked to me and I haven't talked to her since.

Now I'm kinda wanting to start over with her, as friends. Then maybe become something more in the next few years? We're both about to go off to college, both 18 y/o seniors.

I need some advice on how to approach this situation.

No offense, but this kind of sounds like one of those times where you should just forget about it. This already sounds confusing and full of drama. I don't think things would go well if you continued to try and pursue a relationship with this person.

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
No offense, but this kind of sounds like one of those times where you should just forget about it. This already sounds confusing and full of drama. I don't think things would go well if you continued to try and pursue a relationship with this person.

That's what I've been trying to do. But it's turning out harder to ignore her than it is to deal with her emotional side

GreatGonzales

The Master
I have recently been told by a friend and her mom (who has studied this for years) that I may have something called Asperger's Syndrome. After looking it up for quite a while I have begun to completely agree with them. Ever since, I have wanted to go get a diagnosis to see if I truly had it. When I brought it up with my parents, they wanted nothing to do with it and wouldn't even consider if I had it or not. It's been a while since I have talked to them last about it, but I still really want to get a diagnosis. What should I do? Should I even bring it up again?

There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't have a diagnosis. But you shouldn't feel as if anything will change after. And if you are diagnosed, pay it no mind. Don't let it bother you, simply regard it as an idiosyncrasy of yours. It won't make you any less of a person or affect your capabilities.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
What does this even mean?

I need help. A girl likes me but when I asked her out she wanted to stick to music. Can somebody help me stop thinking about it

*points to top quote* Yeah, It would help immensely if you were a more specific with your question. ^^' Do you mean like, she wanted to keep listening to her music instead of going out with you?

Rave

Banned
get a job or find a hobby.

do something and be productive.

Zazie

So 1991
No she is a musician. And she said she liked me but that she needed to focus on her music. I need advice more for getting her out of my head

You clearly don't watch enough T.V. What you;re supposed to do is get really into playing music yourself so you can impress her.

But in all seriousness there is much advice to give about getting rid of emotions. It's pretty much just think about something else.

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
1) be funny
2) be old enough to perform at pubs and bars
3) get a friend who has good hookups in that scene
4) try really hard

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I think its because he cant stand not dating her or something.

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?

From what I know about this from reading Michael McIntyre's autobiography, basically never give up. Get as many gigs as you can, and make improvements based on the reaction of the audiences. I think you can probably get away with reusing good jokes when you're doing smaller gigs, but as you start doing more, try not to reuse them too often. Also, I'd try around with different comedy styles to see what suits you and what gets the most laughs. Be yourself when you're doing comedy, too, or you'll seem detached.

I think its because he cant stand not dating her or something.

Anyhow, I would like to go into stand up comedy when I'm older. How do I go about doing this?

You need to start getting lots of jokes together, test them on a few people to check they are funny (but don't let everyone hear them!) get a few themes of jokes together for your routine, so its slightly story like, and use a few funny anecdotes to keep it together.