• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official American Election 2008 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
-_-' Come on, do we need proof for every little thing? Every news station is biased. Fox is biased for McCain, CNN was biased for Hillary, but then Obama, MSNBC is biased for Obama; you only need common sense.

True. I can't argue with that.

And what has McCain done to prove that his experience in foreign policy? ._.

BigLutz

Banned
And what has McCain done to prove that his experience in foreign policy? ._.

Short Answer: Basically all of last week with the Russia thing.

Long Answer: He showed toughness on Russia when Obama stupidly tried to play both sides. McCain was right on the tough talk on Russia, and that comes from experience.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Short Answer: Basically all of last week with the Russia thing.

Long Answer: He showed toughness on Russia when Obama stupidly tried to play both sides. McCain was right on the tough talk on Russia, and that comes from experience.

You mean his, "In the 21st century, countries should not invade other countries" gist? Hello. Iraq much?

There is also reason to believe that this whole thing is all some clever plan to promote McCain. (I still don't know the whole story. I'll get back to this later).

BigLutz

Banned
You mean his, "In the 21st century, countries should not invade other countries" gist? Hello. Iraq much?

We invested every single resource to do the right thing and go through the UN before going into Iraq. Russia didn't even do one iota of what the US did.

There is also reason to believe that this whole thing is all some clever plan to promote McCain. (I still don't know the whole story. I'll get back to this later).

I am sorry but that is the most IGNORANT, the most INSANE thing anyone has said in this thread. I mean there have been some crazy things said in this thread, but you take the Taco pal.

Last edited:

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
We invested every single resource to do the right thing and go through the UN before going into Iraq. Russia didn't even do one iota of what the US did.
That's not the news I heard. :|

I am sorry but that is the most IGNORANT, the most INSANE thing anyone has said in this thread. I mean there have been some crazy things said in this thread, but you take the Taco pal.

Did you not listen to the news lately? Not only did I learn about it on T.V. but it was also on the radio. NPR to be exact. I did not make it up, but now knowing that the Iraq war was also unnecessary, it isn't hard to believe.

BigLutz

Banned
That's not the news I heard. :|

We spent nearly 10 years at the UN, 4 of those years trying to get Weapon Inspectors back into Iraq AFTER THEY HAD BEEN THROWN OUT! Russia did not spend 1 single day in the UN trying to resolve the situation peacefully, before they invaded. Now I have no problem with a nation going vigilante when the UN completely fails. I DO have a problem and so should you, when a nation goes Vigilante with out even trying to settle things peacefully by using the UN.

Did you not listen to the news lately? Not only did I learn about it on T.V. but it was also on the radio. NPR to be exact. I did not make it up, but now knowing that the Iraq war was also unnecessary, it isn't hard to believe.

Then you seriously are not only watching but listening to ultra partisan idiots. The utter and rank stupidity at the thought that Russia would comit Resources, Energy, and LIVES, Russian LIVES so that McCain could get a poll bump NEARLY 3 MONTHS BEFORE the election. It is so mind boggling stupid. Both Russian and Georgia soldiers died in this war, Russia nor Georgia are going to blindly kill their people so that some cannidate half a world away gets a meaningless poll bump that possibly wont even last A WEEK!

And yes at that time, with the information we had, the Iraq war was necessary.

Last edited:

Ipwnyou

I think it's funny that Mccain and his supporters spent so much time bitching about how Obama is "playing president" by traveling to Europe and the middle east but now they are praising Mccain when all he is doing is "playing president".

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
I think it's funny that Mccain and his supporters spent so much time bitching about how Obama is "playing president" by traveling to Europe and the middle east but now they are praising Mccain for doing the exact same thing.

No one was saying Obama was playing President by going to Europe. Obama has been playing President, but the Europe thing is not really even close to the other things he has been doing. Now how he treated the Press in Europe, was a example of him playing President. Now unless McCain has rolled out his new Presidential Seal I don't even see how McCain has come close to Obama on playing President.

Last edited:

Ipwnyou

No one was saying Obama was playing President by going to Europe. Obama has been playing President, but the Europe thing is not really even close to the other things he has been doing. Now how he treated the Press in Europe, was a example of him playing President. Now unless McCain has rolled out his new Presidential Seal I don't even see how McCain has come close to Obama on playing President.

From this very thread
And now Obama has said that his 'new position' on offshore oil drilling isn't new because he's been saying this all along.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/02/campaign.wrap/index.html

I love the part when he says "When I'm president...". When you're president? Excuse me?! Haven't you and your staff already assumed that you have the position, what with the pseudo-presidential seal, the fanfare trip in Europe in your pseudo-Air Force One and the way your staff currently acts("That's how they did it during the Clinton administration.")
Mccain should just change his slogan to "do as I say not as I do".

BigLutz

Banned
Mccain should just change his slogan to "do as I say not as I do".

Umm okay excuse me if I am a little confused. You say people were ****** about Obama was "Playing President" by "TRAVELING" to Europe. But Cutiebunny's post doesn't critisize him for "Traveling" to Europe. But for events and things that he did while in Europe, such as treating the Press as if he were already President. Which is where the line "That's how they did it during the Clinton administration" came from, it was a Staff Member on ObamaForceOne answering a question on why the Cannidate was seperated so far from the press.

Ipwnyou

Umm okay excuse me if I am a little confused. You say people were ****** about Obama was "Playing President" by "TRAVELING" to Europe. But Cutiebunny's post doesn't critisize him for "Traveling" to Europe. But for events and things that he did while in Europe, such as treating the Press as if he were already President. Which is where the line "That's how they did it during the Clinton administration" came from, it was a Staff Member on ObamaForceOne answering a question on why the Cannidate was seperated so far from the press.
McCain is dispatching senators to georgia.
That's something the president does.
McCain is not the president.
therefore PLAYING PRESIDENT

BigLutz

Banned
McCain is dispatching senators to georgia.
That's something the president does.
McCain is not the president.
therefore PLAYING PRESIDENT

* Shakes head * For one you switched from Obama to McCain, I still havn't seen you prove that going to Europe was Presidential. Second McCain has every right to send two friends and members of his campaign over to Georgia to report back as to what is happening over there.

Especially two Senators that are both members of the Armed Service Committee which McCain is the ranking Republican member of and has authority to dispatch two Senators who are under him.

Remember the Armed Service Committee is designed to be a: Comprehensive study and review of matters relating to the common defense policy of the United States

I would say the events happening in Georgia would fall under matters relating to the common defense policy of the United States.

Edit: Now back into the REAL world, LA Times/Bloomburg poll released their new poll. Remember this is the same company that released the absurd poll of Obama +12 over McCain. Now? Obama is at +2 over McCain, since it is LA Times/Bloomburg that means the number is actually even closer, if not higher for McCain.

As for the numbers break down it is even worse:

When asked if McCain has the right experience to be President
80% Yes
14% No

Does Obama lack the right experience to be President
48% Yes
44% No

Registered Voters: Patriotism
Strongly Patriotic
55% Obama
89% McCain

Not Patriotic
35% Obama

Wonder how 35% of the voting public reached that one... "America is …, uh, is no longer, uh … what it could be, what it once was."

Last edited:

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Would you damned Rebulicans stop giving us the "Patriot" crap? I can't believe how easy it is to fool people. First it was organized religion, and now it's, "You're not patriotic if you don't wear a flag pin/want the troops to leave Iraq/ etc..." Please. It's old.

BigLutz

Banned
Would you damned Rebulicans stop giving us the "Patriot" crap?

Yeah becuase God forbid a President have love for one's country.

I can't believe how easy it is to fool people. First it was organized religion, and now it's, "You're not patriotic if you don't wear a flag pin/want the troops to leave Iraq/ etc..." Please. It's old.

It seems the vast majority of the country tends to disagree with you. With all of the disparaging remarks Obama has made about the country, as well as wanting to pretty much lose in Iraq, and what not, and 20 years with a Pastor and Mentor who screams about Whites and his hatred for this country. Its no wonder that 30% of this country question his patriotism.

I take it you have accepted defeat on the absolutely absurd statement that Russia invaded Georgia to help McCain?

Also the new catchphrase going across the net: Obama Lied, Babies Died

Last edited:

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Yeah becuase God forbid a President have love for one's country.
Loving a country doesn't involve wearing an American flag pin. It involves helping the country in the best way possible, and looking for ways to help it. I love America and I have never in my life worn an American flag pin.

It seems the vast majority of the country tends to disagree with you. With all of the disparaging remarks Obama has made about the country, as well as wanting to pretty much lose in Iraq, and what not, and 20 years with a Pastor and Mentor who screams about Whites and his hatred for this country. Its no wonder that 30% of this country question his patriotism.
Unfortunately. And how would leaving Iraq make you lose? We shouldn't have been there in the first place. Also, Obama apologized about the racist Pastor/Mentor thing. He isn't racist, they are.

I take it you have accepted defeat on the absolutely absurd statement that Russia invaded Georgia to help McCain?
Not really. I didn't know much about it to begin with. I just threw it in there, hoping I'd find out. :|

Also the new catchphrase going across the net: Obama Lied, Babies Died

Oh dear. What ever are we going to do? Obama made one lie and you guys blow up about it. Do you not realize that the Bush campaign has been lying about pretty much everything for the last 8 years. (I obviously know that's a little over exagerated. No need to point it out). McCain has also lied about many things. EVERYone does. Is it a sin to be human now?

BigLutz

Banned
Loving a country doesn't involve wearing an American flag pin. It involves helping the country in the best way possible, and looking for ways to help it. I love America and I have never in my life worn an American flag pin.

Well for one you also are not a US Senator. But showing love for your country does come with wearing a flag, you don't have to but it is a sign of love. It also comes with placing your hand over your heart during the pledge of allegiance. It also comes with getting the hell out of a church when the Pastior starts screaming "God Damn America"

Unfortunately. And how would leaving Iraq make you lose?

The Iraqi Forces are getting stronger but they are not strong enough to take over the country, in many areas all there is, is US forces. If we leave, you will see all the progress, all the effort, shot to hell. The Iraqi Forces would not provide protection, and as we have seen before the various religious groups will go to the opposite sides to seek protection. Iraq will fall back into a Civil War, and Iran and Al Qaeda will swoop in to pick over the pieces.

I call THAT losing.

We shouldn't have been there in the first place.

That is debatable, but this isn't the time nor the place.

Also, Obama apologized about the racist Pastor/Mentor thing.

Only when he had to, only when the poll numbers started to sink.

He isn't racist, they are.

Not the smartest thing to bring up in this thread when we have already proven that Obama has atleast a annoyance, which borders on hatred for whites.

Not really. I didn't know much about it to begin with. I just threw it in there, hoping I'd find out. :|

Seriously, do not bring in stupid, insane things, with out vetting them. I will tear you apart and take away what little credibility you have.

Oh dear. What ever are we going to do? Obama made one lie and you guys blow up about it.

Lying about a vote on not giving treatment to newborns that survive abortion. I would say that qualifies as something that should be blown up.

Do you not realize that the Bush campaign has been lying about pretty much everything for the last 8 years. (I obviously know that's a little over exagerated. No need to point it out).

Just so that you know, Bush isn't running for re-election, nor is anyone from the White House on the ballot. I know this is a shock, but it is true.

And this may come to be a even BIGGER shock to you, but Obama isn't in the White House yet.

But just for fun, name one? And remember that a lie is telling a known falsehood with the intent to diseve. In other words the person has to KNOW it is untrue before he says it, so do not do the diservice to yourself in trying to bring up the Iraq war. You will lose on that one.

McCain has also lied about many things.

Name one that comes to the magnitute of this? Becuase Obama didn't just lie, but lied to a State Audiance when Alan Keys brought it up in a debate, and accused other people of being liars.

EVERYone does. Is it a sin to be human now?

Very true, but then again not everyone is running for President, and not everyone voted against giving treatment to newborns that survive abortions. Lying in a Presidential race can be the end of the cannidate. Just as Bob Dole in 1988, who lost any chance of the White House after saying on National TV. "stop lying about my record". Now just 20 years later, we have another cannidate who is accusing some one of "lying about their record" when in truth the cannidate is the liar.

Infact just to compare
Obama: "I hate to say that people are lying, but here's a situation where folks are lying."
Dole: "stop lying about my record"

Also it should be noted that today's polls show Obama in a statistical tie with McCain, or with McCain in the lead. And that is before McCain starts sending out Ads talking about Obama's vote on aborted babies.

Last edited:

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista
Hey...whatever happened to Obama wanting to run a clean campaign?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/20/obama-camp-links-mccain-to-abramoff-scandal/

Obama's now placing negative ads in 18 states. How is that a change from the status quo, Hussein?

And, an interesting article about how Obama's lead according to CNN's "Poll o' Polls", is now 1 point.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...s-obamas-once-comfortable-lead-gone/#comments

But the best story of today is Obama getting in bed with Syria's government:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...-obama-advisor-on-freelance-mission-to-syria/

Negociating with dictators now, Obama?

BigLutz

Banned
And the bad news for Obama keeps on rolling. This is just breaking, and from what I heard it is legit. A 10 second clip of Obama attacking the Born Alive Act on the Illinois State Floor. Now since this is Youtube. Music, Video Clips, and pictures have to be added but the first clip is the juicy stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDwNpgIUQc

Obama said:
"And that essentially, adding an additional doctor, who has to be called in, in a emergency situation, to come in, and make these assessments, is really designed to burden the original decision of the mother and the physician to enduce labor and perform the abortion."

Now see what I don't understand is why a additional doctor would even be needed? If the baby comes out breathing then it should get medical care, and thus rushed to the ER. I mean I may not have a PHD but I think even I could tell when a infant is breathing or not.

And you know even if another doctor is needed, shouldn't that be a good thing instead of a negative like Obama tries to make it here? Shouldn't we try to save the life if it's already out of the womb instead of denying it Medical Treatment?

I do want to add that I am all for Abortions, I am Pro Choice unless it comes down to Late Term Abortions. But if the baby comes out and it's still breathing, that goes beyond a abortion, at that moment we should help that child survive, not let it die a slow agonizing death in some waste bin. Then again Obama seems to disagree with me on that so..

Last edited:

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Well for one you also are not a US Senator. But showing love for your country does come with wearing a flag, you don't have to but it is a sign of love. It also comes with placing your hand over your heart during the pledge of allegiance. It also comes with getting the hell out of a church when the Pastior starts screaming "God Damn America"
I don't wear flag pins and I love my country. I don't always put my hand over my heart during the pledge of allegiance, and I love my country. If I was in a church and the Pastior started screaming, "God Damn America" I'd stay to hear him out, and I'd still love my country. If Obama didn't love America why the hell would he be running for president?

The Iraqi Forces are getting stronger but they are not strong enough to take over the country, in many areas all there is, is US forces. If we leave, you will see all the progress, all the effort, shot to hell. The Iraqi Forces would not provide protection, and as we have seen before the various religious groups will go to the opposite sides to seek protection. Iraq will fall back into a Civil War, and Iran and Al Qaeda will swoop in to pick over the pieces.

I call THAT losing.
Who are we to govern another country in the first place? Who are we to tell them they need us? Iraq did not need us, and they still don't. If we wanted to target Al Queda then we should NOT be in Iraq.

Noted.

Well obviously. He wouldn't have apologized if people liked it and his polls went up. Neither would I. :|

Not the smartest thing to bring up in this thread when we have already proven that Obama has atleast a annoyance, which borders on hatred for whites.

And McCain doesn't share a dislike for blacks? I think he does... :|
Also, who wouldn't have a hatred for people who have discriminated you for centuries, and in a modern time, still discriminate you over the COLOR OF YOUR SKIN? Obama has every right to dislike white people.

Seriously, do not bring in stupid, insane things, with out vetting them. I will tear you apart and take away what little credibility you have.
I'm trying to bring up a link for you, but infortunately the link isn't loading. I'll try to get more than one link tomorrow though.

Lying about a vote on not giving treatment to newborns that survive abortion. I would say that qualifies as something that should be blown up.
And if you look into the McCain campaign, and look deep inside your heart, I'm sure you'll find plenty of things worthy of being blown up over.

Just so that you know, Bush isn't running for re-election, nor is anyone from the White House on the ballot. I know this is a shock, but it is true.

And this may come to be a even BIGGER shock to you, but Obama isn't in the White House yet.
...Thanks for that. I didn't notice it already. >.>
But just for fun, name one? And remember that a lie is telling a known falsehood with the intent to diseve. In other words the person has to KNOW it is untrue before he says it, so do not do the diservice to yourself in trying to bring up the Iraq war. You will lose on that one.
Humor me. I'm bringing up the Iraq war.

Name one that comes to the magnitute of this? Becuase Obama didn't just lie, but lied to a State Audiance when Alan Keys brought it up in a debate, and accused other people of being liars.

Very true, but then again not everyone is running for President, and not everyone voted against giving treatment to newborns that survive abortions. Lying in a Presidential race can be the end of the cannidate. Just as Bob Dole in 1988, who lost any chance of the White House after saying on National TV. "stop lying about my record". Now just 20 years later, we have another cannidate who is accusing some one of "lying about their record" when in truth the cannidate is the liar.

Infact just to compare
Obama: "I hate to say that people are lying, but here's a situation where folks are lying."

Also it should be noted that today's polls show Obama in a statistical tie with McCain, or with McCain in the lead. And that is before McCain starts sending out Ads talking about Obama's vote on aborted babies.

Just a little something I thought you should read. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#26278715

I'll get to the last 4 quotes tomorrow. I have school now and less time to give better answers.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
I don't wear flag pins and I love my country. I don't always put my hand over my heart during the pledge of allegiance, and I love my country. If I was in a church and the Pastior started screaming, "God Damn America" I'd stay to hear him out, and I'd still love my country. If Obama didn't love America why the hell would he be running for president?

I call THAT losing.
Who are we to govern another country in the first place? Who are we to tell them they need us? Iraq did not need us, and they still don't. If we wanted to target Al Queda then we should NOT be in Iraq.

Noted.

Well obviously. He wouldn't have apologized if people liked it and his polls went up. Neither would I. :|

And McCain doesn't share a dislike for blacks? I think he does... :|
Also, who wouldn't have a hatred for people who have discriminated you for centuries, and in a modern time, still discriminate you over the COLOR OF YOUR SKIN? Obama has every right to dislike white people.

I'm trying to bring up a link for you, but infortunately the link isn't loading. I'll try to get more than one link tomorrow though.

And if you look into the McCain campaign, and look deep inside your heart, I'm sure you'll find plenty of things worthy of being blown up over.

...Thanks for that. I didn't notice it already. >.>
Humor me. I'm bringing up the Iraq war.

Infact just to compare

Just a little something I thought you should read. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#26278715

I'll get to the last 4 quotes tomorrow. I have school now and no time to give a good answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.