• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official American Election 2008 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLutz

Banned
I don't wear flag pins and I love my country. I don't always put my hand over my heart during the pledge of allegiance, and I love my country. If I was in a church and the Pastior started screaming, "God Damn America" I'd stay to hear him out, and I'd still love my country. If Obama didn't love America why the hell would he be running for president?

Well for one on the first two I would say you are also not running for President so your Patriotism is not really in question. And if you stayed in a church for 20 years where a Pastor was speaking out so horribly about this country. YES I would question your Patriotism. As for the final question, we have alot of people that hate this country that are in public office. They hate it but want to see it turned to something that they could love.

Who are we to govern another country in the first place?

Becuase we went in there, took down their Government and armed forces? We have a duty to make sure this country ends up okay.

Who are we to tell them they need us? Iraq did not need us, and they still don't.

Yeah right now they need us, they need us to keep order and for the whole thing not to go up into chaos.

If we wanted to target Al Queda then we should NOT be in Iraq.

Up until two months ago where we pretty much threw them out Al Qaeda was in Iraq, THAT was their central battle front, THAT is where they made their stand against us. To say if we wanted to target Al Qaeda we should not be in Iraq, is to deny reality.

And McCain doesn't share a dislike for blacks? I think he does... :|

Where is your proof? Before throwing out such a assinine statment you better have some proof this time or seriously get out and stay out. We have Obama talking about how he shouldn't talk about whites infront of whites, how a typical white person is racist. So I ask WHERE IS THE PROOF.

Also, who wouldn't have a hatred for people who have discriminated you for centuries, and in a modern time, still discriminate you over the COLOR OF YOUR SKIN? Obama has every right to dislike white people.

For one Obama has absolutely no right to dislike White People just as I have no right to dislike anyone else. Obama grew up in Indonesia, he was spared most of the Civil Rights stuff. When he came back to America all the horrors of the 60s and early 70s were over with. And just becuase people have hated your kind in the past is NO REASON TO HATE THE PEOPLE NOW!

I mean My God man, you realize that you have become so politically blind that you are okaying Racism?

And if you look into the McCain campaign, and look deep inside your heart, I'm sure you'll find plenty of things worthy of being blown up over.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that comes close to supporting infanticide.

Humor me. I'm bringing up the Iraq war.

I am sure that is the best you can do, since nearly every intelligence agency in the world, along with Saddam's Generals, and two American Presidents ( Bush, and Clinton ) before him believed that Saddam had WMDs, there was no reason to doubt it. The only person that knew Saddam had WMDs was Saddam. So when Bush made his case to the American people about the Iraq war, he had no idea there were no WMDs there. So thus he was not telling a KNOWN falsehood.

Just a little something I thought you should read. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/50lies.asp

To quote Snopes on this: "E-mail lists fifty lies told by Obama"
If you are trying to say McCain brought about these lies then you are dead wrong.

Don't link me to Keith Olberman, the man is a far left nut job, he is just as bad as Rush Limbaugh and I doubt you want me to link you to Rush's site.

And if it is true that Olberman is now trying to peddle the fear tactic that McCain will bring back the draft, a lie that was used during the 04 election with Bush. Then that just further cements my proof that this man is a nut job. Although really after he was screaming about how Bush needs to Shut the F' Up, I really do not need any more proof about how utterly pathetic Olberman is. ( Then again is it any wonder that Olbermann tanks so horribly in the ratings? )

Last edited:
Oh, great. The Obama fanatics who think he has the right to be racist/McCain or anyone not supporting Obama is racist. Come on, how can anyone possibly say it's okay for a president to dislike most of his/her people?

Anyways, Obama has sunk. The Democratic convention has come up, and the man should be be 8-12 points ahead of McCain. But what is happening? The McCain campaign is using Hillary Clinton's playbook. And it's working quite effectively. And where is Obama? ONE point ahead of McCain, tied with McCain, or BEHIND MCCAIN. >D There is your great candidate. So you can owe Hillary Clinton for this when she started to strike him down back in the primary season.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Oh, great. The Obama fanatics who think he has the right to be racist/McCain or anyone not supporting Obama is racist. Come on, how can anyone possibly say it's okay for a president to dislike most of his/her people?
Umm. Where did you get that? How are we being racist now? >.>

Anyways, Obama has sunk. The Democratic convention has come up, and the man should be be 8-12 points ahead of McCain. But what is happening? The McCain campaign is using Hillary Clinton's playbook. And it's working quite effectively. And where is Obama? ONE point ahead of McCain, tied with McCain, or BEHIND MCCAIN. >D There is your great candidate. So you can owe Hillary Clinton for this when she started to strike him down back in the primary season.
Oo... kay... I still don't get what you see in the guy. He's an oil man. Just like Bush, he could care less about us.

BigLutz. I'll get to your posts this weekend when I have the time. I'm getting too much homework, and I want to do better this year than last year. :p

BigLutz

Banned
Umm. Where did you get that? How are we being racist now? >.>

You mean other than calling McCain racist, and saying Obama had every right to be racist.

Oo... kay... I still don't get what you see in the guy. He's an oil man. Just like Bush, he could care less about us.

For one the stupidity that he could care less about us is insane. Second he isn't a oil man, McCain was never in the oil buisness. Or was this one of the lies that Olbermann told you?

BigLutz. I'll get to your posts this weekend when I have the time. I'm getting too much homework, and I want to do better this year than last year. :p

Seeing how poor your rebuttles usually are, I would suggest just giving up. You have dug yourself a hole with the anti McCain stupidity like Russia invading for McCain, and that McCain is a racist. That it has almost become a joke.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...

jaxonferz

Well for one on the first two I would say you are also not running for President so your Patriotism is not really in question. And if you stayed in a church for 20 years where a Pastor was speaking out so horribly about this country. YES I would question your Patriotism. As for the final question, we have alot of people that hate this country that are in public office. They hate it but want to see it turned to something that they could love.
this is what his pastor said! this is not what obama believes.

Becuase we went in there, took down their Government and armed forces? We have a duty to make sure this country ends up okay.

really? you really beleive that is what this is about? bush did not send our troops in there to help they're country. that is what people call a cover up. we went in there to get oil. THAT IS ALL BUSH WANTS. it wouldnt bug him if the whole country went up in flames all he wants is their oil.

Yeah right now they need us, they need us to keep order and for the whole thing not to go up into chaos.

have you ever watched the news? if you did you might see crowds of muslims burning pictures of bush! they do not want us in there nor do they need us. their country was better before we invaded.

-on a side not-
did you know that bush has spent more time on vacation than he has in office. it must be tough for him when he doesnt do anything.

I am sure that is the best you can do, since nearly every intelligence agency in the world, along with Saddam's Generals, and two American Presidents ( Bush, and Clinton ) before him believed that Saddam had WMDs, there was no reason to doubt it. The only person that knew Saddam had WMDs was Saddam. So when Bush made his case to the American people about the Iraq war, he had no idea there were no WMDs there. So thus he was not telling a KNOWN falsehood.

this is true i will give you that. but lets think about a time not long after where we found that: THERE WERE NO WMD's!!! so what does bush do. stay in iraq.

Don't link me to Keith Olberman, the man is a far left nut job, he is just as bad as Rush Limbaugh and I doubt you want me to link you to Rush's site.

And if it is true that Olberman is now trying to peddle the fear tactic that McCain will bring back the draft, a lie that was used during the 04 election with Bush. Then that just further cements my proof that this man is a nut job. Although really after he was screaming about how Bush needs to Shut the F' Up, I really do not need any more proof about how utterly pathetic Olberman is. ( Then again is it any wonder that Olbermann tanks so horribly in the ratings? )

hmmm... olberman is as bad as rush limbaugh eh?
rush? the man who had a drug addiction. the man who made fun of parkinson's disease. yah no, hes a cool guy. not as bad as olberman at all who does nothing except SPEAK HIS OPINION.

in conclusion: you are such an unbeleivable dumbass that i hope the next time you go to a zoo, a monkey escapes from its cage and fu(ks you right up the ass

BigLutz

Banned
this is what his pastor said! this is not what obama believes.

Never said it is what he believes, it could possibly be. I question his judgement in staying in there, and getting closer to Wright, to the point of being mentored by him.

really? you really beleive that is what this is about? bush did not send our troops in there to help they're country. that is what people call a cover up. we went in there to get oil.

Is that why oil prices have still gone up? Is that why China and Iraq have just signed a oil deal. How about this, if you believe this stupidity about we going in to get oil, then tell me how many billions of barrels of oil that we have recieved from Iraq?

THAT IS ALL BUSH WANTS. it wouldnt bug him if the whole country went up in flames all he wants is their oil.

Oh so now you are a mind reader? Now you personally know Bush? Again I ask, WHERE IS THE OIL?!

have you ever watched the news? if you did you might see crowds of muslims burning pictures of bush! they do not want us in there nor do they need us. their country was better before we invaded.

For one, that is utterly not true and shows just how little you know, their country was NOT better off before we came in. Second unless you have forgotten, or were too young, when we went in we were greated with cheering crowds in the streets. They went about tearing down statues of Saddam. So please do not pettle this rank stupidity in here that they did not want us in there.

-on a side not-
did you know that bush has spent more time on vacation than he has in office. it must be tough for him when he doesnt do anything.

The man has delt with a major Hurricane, two close elections, two wars, the largest terrorist attack in American history, a faltering economy not once, but twice. The man deserves a vacation. Not to mention that Crawford is so set up with electronic equipment that it can serve as a second White House.

this is true i will give you that. but lets think about a time not long after where we found that: THERE WERE NO WMD's!!! so what does bush do. stay in iraq.

Of course he stays in Iraq. We had just ran through their country with tanks and missles, destroyed their military, and destroyed their Government. What did you expect him to do, go "My Bad" and leave the country to the wolves? You realize how utterly and completely stupid that would be?

hmmm... olberman is as bad as rush limbaugh eh?
rush? the man who had a drug addiction. the man who made fun of parkinson's disease. yah no, hes a cool guy. not as bad as olberman at all who does nothing except SPEAK HIS OPINION.

Yes Olbermann is as bad as Rush, politically they are at opposite ends of the spectrum and are both dumb asses. Difference is, Rush actually has millions of listeners, and Olbermann struggles to make it into 5th place in ratings.

in conclusion: you are such an unbeleivable dumbass that i hope the next time you go to a zoo, a monkey escapes from its cage and fu(ks you right up the ass

Thank you for flaming, good luck with your infraction.

Last edited:
when was this?
Some guy in this thread way saying Obama had the rights to dislike white people. Which, you know, everyone has the RIGHT to racism, but...as a president...no.

I must quote a CNN article:
The Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll out Wednesday night shows that just 52 percent of Clinton supporters say they will vote for Obama. Twenty-one percent favor Republican John McCain, while 27 percent are still undecided or say they will vote for "someone else.''

BigLutz

Banned
Well it is Friday, and thus this has officially become wierd...

Friday in politics is known as "Hang out the dirty laundry day". It gets the name becuase its the first day of the weekend and everyone is busy with their own things and thus do not pay much attention to the news. Which is why John Edwards announced two weeks ago about his affair on a Friday. People are thinking about the weekend, about what they are going to do, and they pay little attention to the news.

So Friday is one of the worst days to announce something that is supposed to help your campiagn. And the thing is that the further you go through the day, the worse off you get. Obama knows this, his advisors know this, so I am wondering why they have allowed the VP speculation go on this long. He is supposed to campiagn with said VP tomorrow, and the convention starts Sunday. So the announcement has to come today, that and announcing Saturday is even worse than announcing Friday.

Although then again he may be trying to bury the announcement. Unless its Al Gore or Clinton, he wont get too big of a pop from it. And he could be trying to mitigate the damage from the Clinton Supporters.

Speaking of Clinton, when Obama holds a grudge, the man HOLDS A GRUDGE!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12713.html

Politico said:
“She was never vetted,” a Democratic official reported. “She was not asked for a single piece of paper. She and Senator Obama have never had a single conversation about it. How would he know if she’d take it?”

The official also said Clinton never met with Obama’s vetting team of Eric Holder and Caroline Kennedy.

And the official said she was never asked for medical records or for any financial 2008 information about her or former President Bill Clinton. The last information the couple has disclosed about taxes and financial holdings was for 2007.

I mean my God would it have been so bad to even pretend as if she were on the short list? In other news, rumors are swirling around Chet Edwards from Texas. A man who I actually lived in his district last year while at TSTC. He doesn't have any negatives, but doesn't really have too many positives too. And really, the question has to be asked: If he chooses Edwards, is Obama arrogant enough to think he can win Texas?

Edit: Further Proof that with out a Teleprompter Obama is a dumbass

Last edited:

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Is that why oil prices have still gone up? Is that why China and Iraq have just signed a oil deal. How about this, if you believe this stupidity about we going in to get oil, then tell me how many billions of barrels of oil that we have recieved from Iraq?
If you haven't yet noticed, oil prices just recently went down a lot. And I doubt it's just where I live.

For one, that is utterly not true and shows just how little you know, their country was NOT better off before we came in. Second unless you have forgotten, or were too young, when we went in we were greated with cheering crowds in the streets. They went about tearing down statues of Saddam. So please do not pettle this rank stupidity in here that they did not want us in there.
When they start burning our flags and pictures of our president, that is the time to leave. It seems we were a bit late to get that.

The man has delt with a major Hurricane, two close elections, two wars, the largest terrorist attack in American history, a faltering economy not once, but twice. The man deserves a vacation. Not to mention that Crawford is so set up with electronic equipment that it can serve as a second White House.
He didn't do nearly as good a job as possible. Also, a year and a half of vacation is a bit much for someone who is our president!

Of course he stays in Iraq. We had just ran through their country with tanks and missles, destroyed their military, and destroyed their Government. What did you expect him to do, go "My Bad" and leave the country to the wolves? You realize how utterly and completely stupid that would be?

Well, he's leaving now. The Bush administration just made plans to leave Iraq in June.

Yes Olbermann is as bad as Rush, politically they are at opposite ends of the spectrum and are both dumb asses. Difference is, Rush actually has millions of listeners, and Olbermann struggles to make it into 5th place in ratings.

So in other words... millions of republicans listen to a dumb *** speak to get their information?

Last edited:

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Well it is Friday, and thus this has officially become wierd...

Friday in politics is known as "Hang out the dirty laundry day". It gets the name becuase its the first day of the weekend and everyone is busy with their own things and thus do not pay much attention to the news. Which is why John Edwards announced two weeks ago about his affair on a Friday. People are thinking about the weekend, about what they are going to do, and they pay little attention to the news.

So Friday is one of the worst days to announce something that is supposed to help your campiagn. And the thing is that the further you go through the day, the worse off you get. Obama knows this, his advisors know this, so I am wondering why they have allowed the VP speculation go on this long. He is supposed to campiagn with said VP tomorrow, and the convention starts Sunday. So the announcement has to come today, that and announcing Saturday is even worse than announcing Friday.

Although then again he may be trying to bury the announcement. Unless its Al Gore or Clinton, he wont get too big of a pop from it. And he could be trying to mitigate the damage from the Clinton Supporters.

Speaking of Clinton, when Obama holds a grudge, the man HOLDS A GRUDGE!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12713.html

I mean my God would it have been so bad to even pretend as if she were on the short list? In other news, rumors are swirling around Chet Edwards from Texas. A man who I actually lived in his district last year while at TSTC. He doesn't have any negatives, but doesn't really have too many positives too. And really, the question has to be asked: If he chooses Edwards, is Obama arrogant enough to think he can win Texas?

Edit: Further Proof that with out a Teleprompter Obama is a dumbass

Good explanation about Friday's...never thought about that.

Oh and I disagree with you about Rush....but this isn't the place.

But to comment about the link....so he wants us to be like a Comuunist Nation??? WHAT???

I feal like Obama is starting to unravel....I can just feal it.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
If you haven't yet noticed, oil prices just recently went down a lot. And I doubt it's just where I live.
And the U.S. has been in Iraq for FIVE(5) years now, if the oil conspiracy were to hold true, shouldn't we have seen the oil prices drop in 2004?

When they start burning our flags and pictures of our president, that is the time to leave. It seems we were a bit late to get that.
And if the U.S. had left, it would have been one of the biggest smears on US policy since Nixon.

He didn't do nearly as good a job as possible. Also, a year and a half of vacation is a bit much for someone who is our president!
The first part is debatable. First off, Katrina was the sixth largest Atlantic Hurricane on record, so its intensity was almost unprecedented, and if I recall correctly, didn't it start as a category 3. as if recall before the hurricane even made landfall he declared a State of Emergency, then after the Hurricane, mobilized the Guard, which I think is the best he could have done.

So in other words... millions of republicans listen to a dumb *** speak to get their information?
Compared to the rest of the crap on radio now I'd listen to Conservative Talk Radio if it were in Canada as well and what says "millions of republicans" get their info from him, as there is a possibility of undecideds listening to it as well as people who have nothing better to listen to.

Also one new question for debate:
Do you believe Ralph Nader's candidacy affect Democratic or Republican voting in any way?

Cutiebunny

Frosty Fashionista

Oil prices just closed at $5/higher per barrel on Thursday due to the US putting pressure on Russia. As Russia has a bunch of oil pipelines going through their land, it's a safe bet to say that as long as the US supports Georgia, the higher our gas prices will go.

Expecting a comment from the Obama campaign in 3...2...1....

BigLutz

Banned

Oil prices going down has nothing to do with Iraq, and everything to do with the oil bubble bursting becuase it could not sustain such high prices, as well as a strengthening dollar. To believe it has anything to do with Iraq is incredibly nieve and misinformed.

Wow that sounds pretty heartless. Okay they start burning our flags and pictures so we are supposed to leave them to a bloody civil war in which thousands will die, as well as possible future under the thumb of either Iran or Al Qaeda? That will teach those evil Arabs to respect America and all that! That is if any of them have are left that havn't been butchered to realize their mistake!

They can burn our pictures, they can burn our flags. But we will leave when their country's military and police force is able to defend itself from the enemies foreign and domestic. To do anything less is cold and heartless.

He didn't do nearly as good a job as possible.

Not really, I would say 95% of the blame for what happened after Katrina falls on the City and State Government of New Orleans. But how dare we blame them, I mean they are Democrats. I mean:

It WAS the State Government that wouldn't allow Federal Troops to go in, till the last minute to provide assistance.
It WAS the Local Government that let hundreds of busses sit around and get flooded instead of using them to bus the locals out of the area.
It WAS the Local Government that diverted funds from the leavies to pay for a pretty new Football stadium.

But lets not let pesky facts get in the way, and instead blame Bush.

Also, a year and a half of vacation is a bit much for someone who is our president!

Well for one I would say some if not most of that was Bush acting as Ambassador to the United States, and hosting foreign heads of state or visting foreign heads of state so it isn't right to call that a vacation when he is doing the duty of being a President.

Second the man has put up with more BS than possibly any other President in the history of this country. He deserves a vacation.

Well, he's leaving now. The Bush administration just made plans to leave Iraq in June.

Which hopefully has a pervision of it that any troop cuts is reversable if the security of Iraq begins to get threatened. We do not need to turn around and invade Iraq 10 to 20 years down the line becuase it has become a Al Qaeda fortress and the United States has suffered another deadly terrorist attack.

Just like thousands of Democrats listen to a dumb *** ( Olbermann ) speak to get their information.

BTW as for the VP:

For the Love of God

Please let it be Biden

Different video for each sentence.

Last edited:

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
I feel bad that I don't have the time to do as much reseach as you do Lutz. It would be nice if I did, but with school back, it's nearly impossible. :| And don't consider this "defeat", like you consider leaving Iraq defeat... please. I feel like I'm debating a kid who's only responses are put downs sometimes. (and it's not just you)

I can almost predict what you are going to say: "And I feel like I'm debating a kid who's only responses are naive, and come from his butt with no proof to back anything up."

Did I save you the trouble? >.>

Also: This debate between you and me is pretty much hopeless anyway. I can't convince you with all the proof in the world, and you can't convince me. It sounds pretty stubborn when I put it that way... you're just lucky I can't vote yet. :p

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
I feel bad that I don't have the time to do as much reseach as you do Lutz. It would be nice if I did, but with school back, it's nearly impossible. :|

And you don't think I have school? Kid I am a college student coupled with doing a job. I just have a good memory with politics.

And don't consider this "defeat", like you consider leaving Iraq defeat... please. I feel like I'm debating a kid who's only responses are put downs sometimes. (and it's not just you)

If you notice the only put down I have give you is dolt. I have attacked your rebuttles, becuase and no offense, many of them are poor and unvetted. You can feel like that when you are debating me, but you are the one that has put up a poor debate.

Also: This debate between you and me is pretty much hopeless anyway. I can't convince you with all the proof in the world, and you can't convince me.

Except you havn't put up any proof, you throw out outlandish lies and then shrink away from them. Let me put it this way, you lost the debate when you threw out the lie that Russia invaded Georgia to help McCain.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
annnnd it's joe biden!

what a brilliant choice! i was afraid he'd choose hillary. now i feel like going obama again. i like his VP more than him.

annnnd it's joe biden!

what a brilliant choice! i was afraid he'd choose hillary. now i feel like going obama again. i like his VP more than him.
Annnnd he's going to lose now! This was a nice "Screw you!" to those of us who supported Hillary. He can kiss his *** good bye with the blue collar voteds, the Hillary supporters, the elderly, and the women. Hillary would have been the best option, but no. The Democrats ALWAYS do this. They start going great, but they NEVER go bold or do the right thing.

I believe the Hillary supporters should have a song for Obama.

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm NOT Your's!"

I can now say firmly I will never support this man, and that my family will be the 27% of Hillary supporters not voting at all.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Joe Biden is well *yawn* boring really it's a good pick in policies....but nothing like a surprise.

I mean the media was saying it's him for like 2 weeks....so I'm really not surprised..

ANd he announced it on a SATURDAY???? WHAT??? There's something going on in Camp Obama.

Magcargo

Intellectualist
Annnnd he's going to lose now! This was a nice "Screw you!" to those of us who supported Hillary. He can kiss his *** good bye with the blue collar voteds, the Hillary supporters, the elderly, and the women. Hillary would have been the best option, but no. The Democrats ALWAYS do this. They start going great, but they NEVER go bold or do the right thing.

I believe the Hillary supporters should have a song for Obama.

"Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm NOT Your's!"

I can now say firmly I will never support this man, and that my family will be the 27% of Hillary supporters not voting at all.

I imagine some of the PUMAs (Party Unity My ***, which seems to have become a popular self-designation by Clinton diehards) will find this as the last straw, but Biden was still Obama's second best choice if he only wants to win (Clinton would have sealed the presidency for him) but Obama's best choice if he wanted to be relevant. He'll be popular with blue-collar types and older voters, and this'll probably seal PA for the Democrats.

It'll be interesting to see McCain's response, since he has to find somebody who can hold his own against Biden as the attack dog. McCain, who's unfairly being attacked for his houses right now, probably doesn't need to have Romney, who's even richer than McCain. Some noname like Pawlenty would look weak compared to Biden, so I would advise picking Huckabee. His folksy demeanor hides very stinging barbs that he's used effectively, and at the least he would shore up the Republican base.

Status
Not open for further replies.