1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official American Election 2008 Thread

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by The_Panda, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well not suprisingly obama has won almost the entire northeast so far and the dems are winning congress

Mccain has OK TN SC and WV

2. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

Vigo county, of Indiana, has voted for the President elect every election with two exceptions, since 1892 source

The polls have been closed in Indiana since 6pm EST. And Vigo, with 97.7% reporting, has Obama at 56.8% of the vote and McCain with 42% (Indiana map at Indystar.com).

I wonder what the other 5 counties who vote for the right guy are saying.

3. Does vigo have a major city in it?

im to lazy to look right now lol

edit: what TV network are you watching im watching fox news

4. randomspot555

It has a city, but is by no means major. Terra Haute. A bit less than 60,000, with no significant change in the demographics for a very long time (people moving in or out).

Not watching. Checking my local paper's website (Star), New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Google News.

EDIT: CNN has the total # of votes per candidate near a tie.

Editx2: Looks like Mitch Daniels got re-elected. Good for him.

And unfortunately, the corrupt, unethical career politician/golfer Dan Burton is being sent back to Congress to represent the 5th district of Indiana.

EDIT: McCain picked up more votes overall. Indiana is getting closer.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. well acording to MSNBC except for florida mccain is leading in most of the Southeastern US (where i am)

Edit: im not sure how this happened but Fox has called WV for McCain although acording to what im looking at obama is winning

6. randomspot555

Some theorizing from me:

Marion County/Indianapolis has had about 200,000 votes counted with 55% of the votes in. There are 600,000 or so eligible voters in Marion. This means a good chunk still didn't vote. So despite an increase in early voting, registration, and long lines, the "not voting" demographic is still a large one.

CNN's Battle Ground State section on Indiana: "Obama doesn't need to win this state to win the election. McCain almost certainly does."

EDIT: Cnn says Arizona is too close to call. Fox called Ohio for Obama, then took it back.

7. Mr. Mudkip

Mr. Mudkip Banned

Obama's pretty much won.

8. as much as i hate to admit it i agree with you

well i better go buy my gun before JAN 20th

9. randomspot555

Ohio called for Obama by both MSNBC and FNC.

Also, John Bolton is being a complete jerk to the BBC and it's hilarious.

EDIT: CNN, FNC, MSNBC all call Ohio for Obama.

10. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Well, it looks like Obama has Ohio, and the election to boot. He hit with white middle class people better than I thought he would.

11. well the only thing i really care about anymore is Louisiana (my state) McCain has got 62% so far but Parishes (Countys) containing New Orleans and baton rouge havent reported yet (although almost all the parishes surronding new orleans have voted mccain)

Edit: McCain won LA so i havent lost all my faith in society
    Come on Kennedy beat Landrieu

edit2: its a shame that the majority of the south and central U.S. is gonna have thier values thrown out the window

edit3: i wonder how many people voted for obama just because of race

12. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

obama wins.

cheers everyone.

13. Mark my word ghost

it will not be 6 months before...

well forget that but im gonna go buy a "we told you so" bumper sticker on Jan 20th

14. randomspot555

From what I recall, people have been doing just fine at throwing their morals out the window. No politician would change that.

Also, I like the implication that everyone else in the US is some godless heathen and those in the south and central US (go ahead, you can say the "Real America") are on some moral high ground.

Yeah, sure.

People decide votes on shallow reasons. This isn't new. Trust me that Republican voters are not less shallow.

15. FusionSonicX

FusionSonicX It's Lil' Kim, ho!

Oh, don't be bitter.

16. randomspot555

Don't change the subject.

Why is the south and midwest "going to have their values thrown out the window"? Is every other area of the US have less morals or is without them? Why does the Real America get a moral highground? Is an Obama administration going to cause them to denounce God, or homosexuals having anal sex in the streets, or a higher divorce rate?

If I said "Man, I bet some southern rednecks are gonna go kill some black boys", how would you take it? Would you want an entire reigon stereotyped?

17. Hejiru

Hejiru Rev up those fryers

I hate to say it, but Obama's pretty much got this locked up. :(

18. Mr. Mudkip

Mr. Mudkip Banned

edit3: i wonder how many people voted for McCain just because of race

19. FusionSonicX

FusionSonicX It's Lil' Kim, ho!

Seeing as I'm from Mississippi...that's a bit off the wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.