• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official American Election 2008 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

Seeing as I'm from Mississippi...that's a bit off the wall.

You're right. I didn't use any code words for my example. But this whole "this is what I like to call the real, pro-america part" and "oh noes their morals :( " has got to stop.

But it accomplishes the same goal. It dehumanizes the "opposition", just as Jose continues to do. Just because I used actual language instead of "subtly" hinting at it doesn't change that Jose is basically dividing the country in two, one patriotic with the moral high ground, and one godless heathens.

Don't change the subject.

Why is the south and midwest "going to have their values thrown out the window"? Is every other area of the US have less morals or is without them? Why does the Real America get a moral highground? Is an Obama administration going to cause them to denounce God, or homosexuals having anal sex in the streets, or a higher divorce rate?

If I said "Man, I bet some southern rednecks are gonna go kill some black boys", how would you take it? Would you want an entire reigon stereotyped?

I never said that the obama states had less morals im saying that the south and midwest have stayed closer to the morals set by the founding fathers

the irony of your second statement is that its actually the opposite (in new orleans anyways) youve got way more blacks killing whites down here as for calling this region redneck county it is already used so much that i no longer bothers me but i will admit that it proably bothers others

edit3: i wonder how many people voted for McCain just because of race

alot less then the people who voted for obama cause of race

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Obama has won the election!!!! Anyone else happy and proud of him?

Shuam

righteous
Congratulations for Obama. I can only fear the worst for him now. I just hope to god that he gets inaugurated before he is assassinated, and really hope that he doesn't get assassinated at all.

Yes, because you're making great points.

And there IS no debate. This debate was over "Who should be elected?" That doesn't apply anymore. The American people have chosen.
AND TEN STATES ARE STILL UP FOR GRABS. ONE OF THEM BEING ARIZONA.

MUAHAHHA. THAT EVIL WOMAN PALIN IS OUT!

randomspot555

I never said that the obama states had less morals im saying that the south and midwest have stayed closer to the morals set by the founding fathers

You did not say that at all.

What Jose Actually Typed said:
edit2: its a shame that the majority of the south and central U.S. is gonna have thier values thrown out the window

What are these morals set by the founding fathers and how is the Real America staying closer to them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought they formed a government and made laws. Not morals. In fact, the morals of the founding father's might not be the best. They were almost all slave holders, and Jefferson was a Christian deist who never conformed to any particular form of Christianity, even making his own Bible source

the irony of your second statement is that its actually the opposite (in new orleans anyways) youve got way more blacks killing whites down here as for calling this region redneck county it is already used so much that i no longer bothers me but i will admit that it proably bothers others

Missed the point. Stereotyping a whole region isn't something that should be done.

alot less then the people who voted for obama cause of race

See, past electoral evidence shows that blacks always vote in pretty large numbers for a Democrat, and they've all been pretty white, like that guy Bill Clinton.

So what makes you think many blacks voted for him based on race?

Obama has won the election!!!! Anyone else happy and proud of him?

I can pretty much guarantee you you won't be hearing many Republicans saying "We need to rally around President elect Obama"

EDIT: But fortunately, McCain pretty much did say that. The crowd that he was talking to didn't take it too well.

Last edited:
What are these morals set by the founding fathers and how is the Real America staying closer to them?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought they formed a government and made laws. Not morals. In fact, the morals of the founding father's might not be the best. They were almost all slave holders, and Jefferson was a Christian deist who never conformed to any particular form of Christianity, even making his own Bible source

The morals of the founding fathers were based off the bible.

Many liberals are for abortion

Comandment 5 (i believe) you shall not commit murder the bible states that life starts at conception

You formed my inmost being;
You knit me in my mother's womb.
I praise you, so wonderfully you made me;
Wonderful are your works!
My very self you knew;
My bones were not hidden from you,
When I was being made in secret,
Fashioned as in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes foresaw my actions;
In your book all are written down;
My days were shaped, before one came to be.
Psalms 139:13-16 [New American]

"Yahweh called me when I was in the womb,
before my birth he had pronounced my name."
Isaiah 49:1

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you."
Jeremiah 1:5

many liberals are for gay marriage

the bible is not

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God."
—1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV)

"And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.' Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: 'This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."
—Genesis 2:18-25 (NKJV)

would the founding fathers approve of this?

i dont think so

this will probly be my last post for the night.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
The morals of the founding fathers were based off the bible.

Many liberals are for abortion

Comandment 5 (i believe) you shall not commit murder the bible states that life starts at conception

And not everyone agrees with the Bible. We have the separation between Church and State for a very good reason.
many liberals are for gay marriage

the bible is not

Again, not everyone agrees with the Bible.
would the founding fathers approve of this?

i dont think so

You never know.

WHO CARES ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE! I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO MARRY ANYONE OR ANYTHING I PLEASE! :]]]]

YOU TOO, NNY! <333333333

Ahhh! I'm so excited! The Democrats are SO close to 60 in the Senate, but they already have a modest majority! Same with the House! Eeee.

GOOD BYE, BUSH ADMINISTRATION! WE ALL HATE YA!

Status
Not open for further replies.