• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official American Election 2008 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine some of the PUMAs (Party Unity My ***, which seems to have become a popular self-designation by Clinton diehards) will find this as the last straw, but Biden was still Obama's second best choice if he only wants to win (Clinton would have sealed the presidency for him) but Obama's best choice if he wanted to be relevant. He'll be popular with blue-collar types and older voters, and this'll probably seal PA for the Democrats.

It'll be interesting to see McCain's response, since he has to find somebody who can hold his own against Biden as the attack dog. McCain, who's unfairly being attacked for his houses right now, probably doesn't need to have Romney, who's even richer than McCain. Some noname like Pawlenty would look weak compared to Biden, so I would advise picking Huckabee. His folksy demeanor hides very stinging barbs that he's used effectively, and at the least he would shore up the Republican base.
EWWW! NO! Not Mike Huckabee! He is nothing but a religious not job who would send this country into civil war and chaos! By god, his health care plan was "LETS PREVENT AND EAT HEALTHY! :D" He wanted to force the Bible down everyone's throats, kill gay rights, why the hell would McCain choose him? He'd lose EVERY GROUP OF VOTERS HE HAS! Minus extreme religious people, which is like, 1% of our country.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Annnnd he's going to lose now! This was a nice "Screw you!" to those of us who supported Hillary. He can kiss his *** good bye with the blue collar voteds, the Hillary supporters, the elderly, and the women. Hillary would have been the best option, but no. The Democrats ALWAYS do this. They start going great, but they NEVER go bold or do the right thing.
doesnt matter. joe biden can get the hillary supporters who didnt support her just because she was hillary. he's catholic and can do good with his horrible foreign judgments as well as blue collar workers.

carlisle said:
Minus extreme religious people, which is like, 1% of our country.
if it was just 1% Mike Huckabee wouldnt have stayed in the race as long as he did.

Tanosis

The odd one
woot! the vp picks along with the climax are coming

Sorry for spelling erorrs and no capitalization
Bahha. Oh, how he is sinking. CNN only has him up by three...and with the Olympics finally coming up, Obama will receive very little attention, thankfully.

So I guess Clinton is saying she does not want to be an option during the convention, so I guess the delegates can't give any votes for her. She is also speaking on the second day.

1.since when did mccainers ever listen to polls
2.obama is blasting non-attack ads out like crazy and the convention is next week so i think mccain will suffer more from the olympics
3.as colbert put so elequintly "apparently hillary isnt inevitible just unkillable, you hack of her head and the rest of her body just comes crawling towards you" i cant believe shes back on the ballot, shell soak up a good 5% of the vote that would otherwise be obama's

and guys theres only three months left, too bad i cant vote
ill come back in a week or so with an updated flip-flop list so we can weigh in
dont bash its a bit rash

doesnt matter. joe biden can get the hillary supporters who didnt support her just because she was hillary. he's catholic and can do good with his horrible foreign judgments as well as blue collar workers.
No, he can't. If the 50% of Hillary supporters aren't convinced by Obama, they're not going to. Very little of them are going to shift to Obama. Biden only shows off Obama's weaknesses. Both of these people know absolutely nothing on the economy and energy, seeing as Obama has horrible energy plans. Not to mention Obama only wants to raise taxes.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
you do know that hillary would have rose taxes as well... right?

i mean they're both democrats.

BigLutz

Banned
2.obama is blasting non-attack ads out like crazy and the convention is next week so i think mccain will suffer more from the olympics

You do realize that McCain had more ads in the Olympics than Obama right? Or that McCain just blasted out his own set of attack ads. Obama wants to talk about houses? Fine we will talk about Resco.

3.as colbert put so elequintly "apparently hillary isnt inevitible just unkillable, you hack of her head and the rest of her body just comes crawling towards you" i cant believe shes back on the ballot, shell soak up a good 5% of the vote that would otherwise be obama's

She is back on the ballot becuase she has every right to be, she got 18 million votes.

As for Biden, yeah the guy is pathetic, he is a attack dog with foreign policy experience who comes from a state that is already Democrat. He can help Obama in Foreign Policy but that is it. Not to mention his negatives is far worse, he is gaff prone meaning the Republicans have mountains of audio on him, he was caught plagerising, oh yes and he was caught dancing drunk.

There was a reason why I was dancing last night, that being this is the worst possible choice for Obama.

Lets all do the Biden dance!
Biden Dance

Anddddd the first Biden ad is out, this is why Republicans love Biden.
McCain: Biden Ad

Oh and my favorite Biden quote, his screaming remark:
"I think I have a much higher IQ than you do."

As for Foreign Policy Experience, here is Joe Biden's great idea to get on the good side of Arabs.
“Seems to me this would be a good time to send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran,”

I wonder how many suicide bombers against US Troops and Isreal that could buy?

Last edited:

Tanosis

The odd one
you do know that hillary would have rose taxes as well... right?

i mean they're both democrats.

well hes right
and can you expand on obamas horrible energy plan and who would have been chosen by hillary, obama maybe, the reason hillary coundt be vp is because obama would constantly need a food taster

Xenieon

mainly a Gen IV player
Joe Biden fills Obama's ticket with what Obama lacks in: experience!
It's a semi-perfect choice(Semi-perfect because Joe Biden takes 1 and a half hours to take care of his kids and misses some parts of his Senator job).

@Carlisle: Don't be so harsh on Obama. He never said anything bad about Hillary, and he somewhat SUPPORTED her, while Hillary did the exact opposite, even though he was ON her side. Besides, Obama has more in common with Hillary than McCain, so if he's president, at least SOME of Hillary's ideals will be in there. You can't always get ALL you want.

Also, I've noticed a lot of you are being racist to Arabs, but only 2% of them have expressed anything extremist. Besides, not all of them are "evil", and American troops are killing/raping/injuring a high percentage of the good part secretly.

BigLutz

Banned
Joe Biden fills Obama's ticket with what Obama lacks in: experience!
It's a semi-perfect choice(Semi-perfect because Joe Biden takes 1 and a half hours to take care of his kids and misses some parts of his Senator job).

Yes he does bring experience, in that his son works in a Special Interest group, that he likes to tax, and that he is incredibly partisan. In one swoop Obama lost any chance to claim change, loss Gun Rights, is saddled with a guy that raises taxes, and some one that has run his mouth off so much the Republicans have mountains of clips on him.

If you believe that he is a semi perfect choice, I would hate to see who your bad choice would be.

Also, I've noticed a lot of you are being racist to Arabs, but only 2% of them have expressed anything extremist.

I havnt seen any one in here be racist to Arabs.

and American troops are killing/raping/injuring a high percentage of the good part secretly.

I am sure you have stats to back up such a outrageous claim correct?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
hm. i had no idea joe biden was that notorious in the republican eyes..

BigLutz

Banned
hm. i had no idea joe biden was that notorious in the republican eyes..

Oh I love the guy, becuase he basically just sunk the Obama ship even more.

The guy goes against many fundimentals of the Obama campiagn and makes it where Obama can no longer talk about change and how bad lobbiests are when he just basically put one in the VP spot, a person who has been in the Senate LONGER than even McCain.

Whoops there goes any Change talk.

And lets not even get into the gaffs and f' ups that Biden has done, you have every Right Wing Talk Show hosts drooling to get on in the morning with mountains of CDs on this guy.

And then of course there is this entire diss on Hillary, not even pretending to consider her, nor asking her advise on a VP. Obama went on Camera saying how Hillary would be on anybody's short list. I guess Obama thinking of himself as God Like would be excluded from that.

heirokee

I personally think Biden was a good choice. I mean, he's notorious (and I use that word very deliberately) for speaking his opinion and ultimately, that's what the Obama supporters want. From what I can tell, America wants somebody who willing to, if you pardon my expression, "keep it real." Biden is the guy to do that. He might alienate some Republicans, but honestly, how many Republicans weren't alienated when the Democrats decided to put up a woman and a black man as the two top choices? (yes, I'm saying that Republicans are sexist and/or racist... but only because conservative policy inherently demands we move backwards, and our history is pretty much riddled in sexism and racism)

Also, raising taxes is not a bad thing... I mean, it's just a different economic policy and there has been little evidence either way to prove that it is anything but equal to trickle down theories. Why does everybody instantly assume it's such a terrible thing?

I personally think Biden was a good choice. I mean, he's notorious (and I use that word very deliberately) for speaking his opinion and ultimately, that's what the Obama supporters want. From what I can tell, America wants somebody who willing to, if you pardon my expression, "keep it real." Biden is the guy to do that. He might alienate some Republicans, but honestly, how many Republicans weren't alienated when the Democrats decided to put up a woman and a black man as the two top choices? (yes, I'm saying that Republicans are sexist and/or racist... but only because conservative policy inherently demands we move backwards, and our history is pretty much riddled in sexism and racism)

Also, raising taxes is not a bad thing... I mean, it's just a different economic policy and there has been little evidence either way to prove that it is anything but equal to trickle down theories. Why does everybody instantly assume it's such a terrible thing?
That's rather rude to call those of us who are Republicans racist and sexist. Utterly insane. There are many Republicans that are towards liberal, moderate, and then even Conservative is into different categories. You can have conservative views on the economy, foreign affairs, social issues, etc. If you are going to find any racists/sexists they're going to be social conservatives, and even then, not many. So stop making horrible stereotypes. That's like saying Democrats are fetus killing, bra burning, gays.

BigLutz

Banned
I personally think Biden was a good choice. I mean, he's notorious (and I use that word very deliberately) for speaking his opinion and ultimately, that's what the Obama supporters want. From what I can tell, America wants somebody who willing to, if you pardon my expression, "keep it real." Biden is the guy to do that.

Yes and do you realize how many hours? How many sleepless nights do you believe the Obama group is going to get wondering "What the hell did he say now?"

The first rule of a VP is "To do no harm."

Obama violated that rule, and you are about to see why it was put in place.

He might alienate some Republicans, but honestly, how many Republicans weren't alienated when the Democrats decided to put up a woman and a black man as the two top choices? (yes, I'm saying that Republicans are sexist and/or racist... but only because conservative policy inherently demands we move backwards, and our history is pretty much riddled in sexism and racism)

Republicans are Racists and Sexists. I'm sorry but was it not Republicans to have the first Black Secretary of State? Was it not Republicans to have the first Black/Woman Secretary of State? Was it not Bush's administration that had the most diverse set of men and women ever in the White House?

See what is annoying is you have so many idiots, and I mean absolute idiots that believe Republicans are sexists, racists bigots. That kind of absolute stupidity not only is a blind eye toward recent history, but spits upon some of the great people that serve this country.

Becuase it takes money out of people's hands. It is the Government saying "We know how to spend the money better than you do." When they clearly do not. Raising taxes during a economic boom can work, Clinton did so masterfully. Raising taxes during a economic down turn typically makes things worse.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I don't recall her mentioning raising taxes like Obama would. Especially the Capital Gains tax.
um... her universal health care would make taxes higher than obama's...

and that's not the end of it.

seriously where do you think the money for her plans come from? the sky?

BigLutz

Banned

Actually yeah, the biggest difference between Clinton and Obama, is that the Clinton White House knew how to balance the budget. With all of the out of control spending that is going on in Washington right now, both Clinton and McCain would have started to trim alot of the fat. We don't need to be spending millions upon millions on stupid things like Ethonal Subsities when we know Ethonal isn't going to work for cars, or on some Museum in Chicago that the tax payers in that state can fund.

Her health care plan wasn't free. It was just set to you would pay at a price you could afford. The rich would pay double more than the poor. It balances out in a way.

And I honestly feel Obama took a swipe at the Clintons. He released his text message at 3 AM. Anyone remember Clinton's 3 AM ad? Humph.

BigLutz

Banned
Yeah the 3 AM thing was a swipe at Clinton.

Infact the Clinton Supporters are saying that in the convention, that the delegates should use the Roll Call to put Clinton as the VP. And they have a pretty good case, Biden wasn't the runner up like Clinton, he wasn't in 3rd place, or 4th, or 5th. He was a cannidate that got a few thousand votes in Iowa and that was it!

Also just less than a day after the news broke, Biden has already served to unite a group. Iraqis!

Yes that is right, Mr. Biden who said we should give a blank check to Iran, and who said we should carve Iraq up into 3 countries, has served to unite them, but not in the way Obama would like.

Across racial and religious boundaries, Iraqi politicians on Saturday bemoaned Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama’s choice of running mate, known in Iraq as the author of a 2006 plan to divide the country into ethnic and sectarian enclaves…

Ezzet al-Shabender, a member of parliament from the secularist Iraqi List of former prime minister Ayad Allawi, actually credited the broad-based disgust triggered by Biden’s proposal for helping Iraqi politicians bury their differences.

“His project was the reason behind the unity of many political blocs that once differed in viewpoints,” he said, comparing it to the Balfour Declaration, a 1917 British note that backed the creation of Israel and is regarded across the Arab world as the ultimate colonial injustice.

“Such a person, if he would assume the vice-presidency post, would not serve to improve Iraq-USA relations.”

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLN9698420080823?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=10112

heirokee

first I would like to say that you people obviously can't take a joke... I kind of figured that the absurd explanation I attached would've been a dead giveaway, but whatevs, you're all stiffs.

To be fair though, Republican ideas are typically the same as Hitler's.

That was also a joke. But both are rooted in truth. In reality the current Republican party is conservative in every respect. There is simply no denying it. In fact, I would go so far as to call most Republicans reactionaries, in that they are actively trying to bring America backwards. Oil, Reagan, regard of wealthy educated people as bad, these are all things that are pushing America into earlier times. I'm not saying that Democrats don't try this sometimes too... I have issues with some of the ways they're trying to deal with organic foods... but it is significantly more frequent on the Republican side of things. I personally am a radical progressive, so I think that is bad.

Still, about Biden... honestly, the nation is basically split at this point. There are the people who hate Bush a lot (those are voting for Obama) and the people who range from only hating him a little to being mildly displeased with him (those who are voting for McCain). I'm seeing very little that these candidates can do right now that is gonna sway the polls very much. I mean, if one of them were to get Jesus to be their VP or something, that might make a difference, but it seems to me that the voters are pretty much set on what they want. Undecideds don't count because if they haven't decided by this point they're either not voting or picking the one with the coolest name... probably Obama...

Status
Not open for further replies.