• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official American Election 2008 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironknight42

"Actually just the opposite happened, it allowed the killing to stop and allowed both sides to cool down."
Yet these sort of attacks still happan and suicidal dogma is not stoped.
"And start to focus on rebuilding their lives and their neighborhood."
Just to eventually have it wrecked all over again.
"keep them from going at eachothers throats again."
The backround of many of these attacks is not just a war they look at it as a religious war. Attacks on the US are not part of this religious war. Islamic people have been at each other almost since the start of Islam, this is unlikely to change.

BigLutz

Banned
Yet these sort of attacks still happan and suicidal dogma is not stoped.

Actually they really dont happen, now you may have a radical or two attack, but nothing in the type of killing and murdering that happened in 06 and 05.

Just to eventually have it wrecked all over again.

If we leave and do not provide protection for them, leaving Iraq scrambling to fill our void, then yes it will be wrecked all over again. Which is why a responsable pull out is needed. With out a security presence you will just have Al Qaeda or Iranian proxies stepping back in to fill the void and the battles return again.

The backround of many of these attacks is not just a war they look at it as a religious war. Attacks on the US are not part of this religious war. Islamic people have been at each other almost since the start of Islam, this is unlikely to change.

You're right but you also have to look at who is hightening and influencing such a war. A vast majority of these people do not want to go out and kill, they just want safety, they just want a life. That is what the US troops through the surge, and now Iraqi troops are providing.

These are not blood thirsty people, but there are blood thirsty groups out there that want to turn Iraq into a slaughter field.

ironknight42

"These are not blood thirsty people, but there are blood thirsty groups out there that want to turn Iraq into a slaughter field."
All it take are those blood thirsty people to cordinate an attack or make a bomb.

BigLutz

Banned
All it take are those blood thirsty people to cordinate an attack or make a bomb.

And look at how well the Iraqi people have responded now days, they do not run to their respective corners after a bomb attack, planning retaliation. Infact they are more likely to point out the bomb makers to US or Iraqi troops, than do anything else. This kind of cooperation and understanding by the Iraqi people is why Al Qaeda is close to being driven out of Iraq, and in many ways nearly defeated.

ironknight42

"they do not run to their respective corners after a bomb attack, planning retaliation."
The extreamist run to their corner and do though the people are not the problem it is the radical factions within.
"Infact they are more likely to point out the bomb makers to US or Iraqi troops, than do anything else."
Your right, but do they know who every bomb maker is no.
"Al Qaeda is close to being driven out of Iraq, and in many ways nearly defeated."
Driven out of Iraq is pushing it, but they are in no way shape or form defeated as an organization.

BigLutz

Banned
The extreamist run to their corner and do though the people are not the problem it is the radical factions within.

Those people are extremely small, and even then they are being pointed out by Iraqi Citizens wanting the carnage to stop, and being subject to raids by the Iraqi Military.

Your right, but do they know who every bomb maker is no.

No but the neighborhoods know who the shady people are, who keep to themselves, and who have talked the talk of radicalism, and in droves since the Surge they have been coming to the US Military and Iraqi Military and saying. "There are these guys down the block, who you might need to check out."

Driven out of Iraq is pushing it,

They have been pushed out of Anbar, Diyala and Baghdad provinces. They had a strong hold in Mosul, which was admittedly their last strong hold, and even there they are being beaten. Saying they are being driven out is a reality.

but they are in no way shape or form defeated as an organization.

They are getting there, the effect of Al Qaeda in Iraq has been disasterous to Al Qaeda, in the way Vietnam was disasterous to the US. They have lost alot of credibility in the Arab world, meaning they are not getting as much money as they used to, and they are not getting as many recruits as they used to. Don't believe me, read for yourself.

Al Qaeda's Vietnam

Near strategic defeat of al-Qaeda in Iraq. Near strategic defeat for al-Qaeda in Saudi Arabia. Significant setbacks for al-Qaeda globally -- and here I'm going to use the word 'ideologically' -- as a lot of the Islamic world pushes back on their form of Islam

And lets not forget, these gains against Al Qaeda, these victories, would not have happened if Obama had his way in 06. And are very very reversable in the near future if we do not tred very lightly on how we leave Iraq.

Last edited:

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy

ForeverFlame

It's one thing to bring up the canidates and their personal affairs, but it's another thing to drag their children(especially a minor) into it. That's pretty darn low.

Hypocrite much?

Then obviously Obama is not qualified to be president because he is the baby daddy of 2 children

Last time I checked, you brought Barack's two children into the coversation, ignorantly calling him a baby daddy even though he was MARRIED to Michelle Obama when they were born.

BigLutz

Banned
Maybe some wounds are too deep to heal.

Well it doesn't help that the Media pretty much loved Obama, while attacking Clinton with every pitchfork they could find. And in many ways it was looked at as Sexism. Some could disagree, but if Obama was getting skewered by the Media, and Clinton was getting soft ball questions, wouldn't the Obama campiagn cry racism?

And then of course there is the attacks on Palin now. Which in many ways the attacks have gotten as dirty as "She has a baby, women cannot be reproductive and have a meaningful job". Which is absolutely disgusting and untrue. One has to wonder, if Clinton had a newborn when she set out on her own Presidential Campiagn, would the Obama fans be screaming at her just as they are now screaming at Palin?

There is some sexism in the rank and file of the Obama campiagn, there is no doubt about it. So yeah I think these attacks on Palin lately have reopened wounds that Clinton's speach at the DNC may have helped scab over.

Tanosis

The odd one
You know what phrase i like. I like the phrase post-rational which is the phrase used to describe hillary supporters that have turned to McCain by that same CNN. If you turned to McCain your either bitter, confused,or racist. Hopefully your confused atleast that can be fixed.

But anyway guess where i went
guess
guess
Oh okay ill tell you i went to Denver for the DNC and because i had some connections i got to sit on the chairs on the floor,the chairs for delegates
Thats right im the world's yougest delegate.
What do you repulicans think of Sarah Palin, she is now officially famous and is a good lure for confused democrats

And lutz biden is just plain old funny and he is a record on supporting bills against things like assault and violence against women.

Do you people have any idea what it feels like to be surronded by 84000 democrats in a mile high stadium?
Do you know what feels like to see everyone supporting Obama?
It feels good.
I met Bill, Hillar, Kerry,Gore, Dean, Michele,Barack, Stevie Wonder, the cast of the Daily Show including John Oliver and Bob Rigle, Legend, purified republicans, and veterans.
And i met some crazy delegates and so so many former Hillary supporters.
A single tear drop fell from my eye when Bill Clinton said "Yesturday Hillary said she supported Barrack Obama, that makes two of us, and as a matter of fact that makes 18 million of us"

You know what phrase i like. I like the phrase post-rational which is the phrase used to describe hillary supporters that have turned to McCain by that same CNN. If you turned to McCain your either bitter, confused,or racist. Hopefully your confused atleast that can be fixed.
Or none of the three. We just have a crappy candidate. We aren't bitter, and we definitely are NOT racist or confused. If you want a career in politics, stop making bullsh*t statements like this. Use your head.

But anyway guess where i went
guess
guess
Oh okay ill tell you i went to Denver for the DNC and because i had some connections i got to sit on the chairs on the floor,the chairs for delegates
Did you now?
Thats right im the world's yougest delegate.
You are David Gilbert Pederson from Minnesota?
What do you repulicans think of Sarah Palin, she is now officially famous and is a good lure for confused democrats
She seems like a nice lady.

Do you people have any idea what it feels like to be surronded by 84000 democrats in a mile high stadium?
Do you know what feels like to see everyone supporting Obama?
It feels good.
Not everyone.
I met Bill, Hillar, Kerry,Gore, Dean, Michele,Barack, Stevie Wonder, the cast of the Daily Show including John Oliver and Bob Rigle, Legend, purified republicans, and veterans.
Did you now.
And i met some crazy delegates and so so many former Hillary supporters.
A single tear drop fell from my eye when Bill Clinton said "Yesturday Hillary said she supported Barrack Obama, that makes two of us, and as a matter of fact that makes 18 million of us"
Lmao. How quaint.

Too bad it's not 18,000,000.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned

Bitter? Racist? And people like you wonder why Hillary supporters would support McCain, and then turn around and insult them.

And lutz biden is just plain old funny and he is a record on supporting bills against things like assault and violence against women.

Which is great and one of those bills everyone would support. Biden is also on record wanting to seperate Iraq into three countries, and giving Iran nearly a billion dollar blank check.

Or none of the three. We just have a crappy candidate. We aren't bitter, and we definitely are NOT bitter or confused.

Oh c'mon you know how Obama fanatics are! They believe anyone against their cannidate is just bitter, that they cling to their guns and religion, or their hatred for those that are not like them. ~.^

Last edited:

Tanosis

The odd one
Oh c'mon you know how Obama fanatics are! They believe anyone against their cannidate is just bitter, that they cling to their guns and religion, or their hatred for those that are not like them. ~.^

I actually specifically stated Hillary supporters

Tanosis

The odd one

i actually specifically stated former hillary supporters
but those could be the only issues they can have with obama since by voting mccain they are voting for an almost exact oppisite of hillary give or take a few gimmicks like the gas tax holiday

when i was in Denver i met alot of protesting Republicans (most of them drunk) and issues like religion to fight obama by putting up posters like "obama must except jesus or he is heading to hell" or something as simple as a song about obama taking thier stuff away. So yes some people due cling to isses like religion.

Fun Random Fact- I came across many breedy of neo nazis while i was there

BigLutz

Banned
Good for you, in other more RELEVENT news. Joe Biden opened his dumb mouth again today.

This morning, Joe Biden said today was not a day for national politics. He said it again during a roundtable discussion outside his childhood home here this afternoon. But before long, he couldn’t help himself, criticizing McCain for his views on offshore drilling and questioning his foreign policy judgment.

“The only guy in America in a position of some authority who is out of sync with the whole rest of the world is John McCain,” he told a small group of relatives and old family friends. “This Administration, the Iraqis, NATO, the Europeans, our friends around the world, the vast majority of the American people, the Democratic-controlled Congress, Republicans in Congress — they all agree. Barack Obama was right, and John McCain was wrong.”

Thank you Joe, becuase now you just showed that the Obama/Biden Campiagn is more worried with attacking John McCain, than being respectful on a day where all Americans are supposed to come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.