• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official (Bumpable) Sugimori and Co. Artwork Thread

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
All I found. >__________________>
http://i18.*******.com/2ilbyub.png

Cool, *I think* that was done for Emerald (Hoenn staters were also given new art).
I've seen the Totodile one used in UK's Nintendo Official Magazine, and its also on both Wikipedia and Bulbapedia.
But have not seen Cyndaquil or Chikorita like that before.

atlantis_kid99

I remember seeing the Shiny Charizard wallpaper in my friend's pokedex book thingy. Looks much cooler in read life, imo. The first pic I've never seen before, but it still looks kinda cool.

Sami

GTS obsessed!
I've always been a big fan of Sugimori's art. I also really enjoy seeing people mimic it. Not everyone is quite so good at it, but a few people like MagesPages and PurpleKecleon can mimic the style perfectly, and I've gotta say I'm envious. Some people say they like my Pokemon art better, but I don't. Sugimori's style is the best. XD

I don't think I could post anything that hasn't been posted already.. *has looked through all the pages at the art* but I wanted to add my praise for Sugimori here anyways. :3

Sami

GTS obsessed!
^ That artwork is the one that made me first think Gary had a Charmander in the cartoon--before any of us had seen his Blastoise. XD
I also wondered if that girl was Gary's sister.

Fizz

Wow, all this artwork is awesome. I especially like the stuff that doesn't get into the games and anime. Especially the Officer Jenny with a gun. XD

Just out of curiosity, is the girl trainer riding Latios just a random character, or is she in anything?

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
^ That artwork is the one that made me first think Gary had a Charmander in the cartoon--before any of us had seen his Blastoise. XD
I also wondered if that girl was Gary's sister.

same i though he had one too, and the girl is Green

Cloudskipper

Pokémon Artist
http://www.domeofstars.com/pokemon/wigglytuff.png

Kidding, kidding. ;)

I love the Sugimori art posted in this thread - it's wonderful! Especially the pieces with backgrounds and the concept art with sketches of different angles. Really nice to see more of his work. :)

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
Yes. Ken Sugimori art is amazing.

I already saw that Charizard one, but that G/S one is really cool.

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
This thread is AMAZING.

I've always loved Ken's art. I found it to be so clean, stylistic, and realistic. All of his pictures turn out gorgeous, even his concept sketches.

MegaJunior

Pokemon Hunter
Okay, we all know Sugimori wins and thanks to all this positive reactions and with some little encouragement of CowDude, I decided to edit the first post, so most people can see more than just the shiny Charizard one and the GS one. Others can see the awesome art then, and maybe they will add things we have never seen before.

Also, I really like the idea to put a link to this thread into our signatures (and I noticed some of you allready have) so if you really like this art and want everybody to see it, please do so.

Fizz

That's Clair. XD

I just checked again, and she's definately not Clair. I was worried there for a sec. >.< Looks like a close relative, though. I guess she IS just one of those random characters...

UberSorcerer

This thread wins the pokenet, so bloody great, I adore the original pokemon art, G/R/B when they looked more like real animals, I don't have scans myself, but the original manuals might be a good resource.

The one with Kyogre,Rayquaza and Groundon is awesome.
Actually, all of these are awesome. Ken Sugimori is such an awesome artist.